SELECT CONTENT

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Page 16 of 78 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 47 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by Summerfun1980 Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:09 am

People just had this guy on way to high of a pedestal. I liked him and am surprised by certain moves but he's just a normal guy, who seems to want to model and be famous now or maybe always did. It is important to remember you only saw an edited version of him and that his edit probably improved as they changed Jed's after the people article. JMO None of us really knew his priorities. I wonder if they had put the title "model" under his name instead of "general contractor" if we all might have viewed certain things differently. Just a thought.

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by Billysmom Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:12 am

Good point, summer fun. I am one who was guilty of having him on a pedestal during the season....mea culpa!
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 am

I was so convinced that Tyler was going to be F1 during filming I was totally on the denial train!giggling IDK, I like Tyler (and Hannah) a lot and don't see any jet setting activity, he hasn't gone on a second TB franchised show yet (as many from his season have), probably actually turned down the lead, his IG always showed modeling pics so regardless what his bio said on TB it was obvious he modeled. Now he is involved with an organization that helps disadvantaged kids and leads runs for better mental and physical health. It's just strange that because he's dating GH all the good that we do know about him is now somehow irrelevant. IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:27 am

People just had this guy on way to high of a pedestal.

The end, period. The lesson here is not about anything Tyler has done wrong. It's that people should not put other people on pedestals and project who you think they are onto them. As someone who simply liked Tyler because I thought he was hot and I liked how chill, unbothered and generally decent guy he seemed, I have no problem with him now.

As far as I'm concerned, Tyler seems no different now to me than he did before, other than he didn't play to a fantasy some people had regarding him and Hannah. His social media activity is no different, he's still working with the ABC Food Tours and he's dating someone because he's single and entitled to do so.

It's fine if someone was shipping Tyler and Hannah and so their not being together means you have no interest in him anymore. That's one thing. However, trying to villainize him or make him out to be some bad guy now because you didn't get a fantasy you imagined in your head, is unfair.

Last edited by lleyki on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerfun1980 Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 am

@Minney Yes, I knew about the modeling. But I, and others I think, thought it was more of a side gig for him to make money after his football career. I did not think it was a avenue he was seriously pursuing or the move to NY would possibly be long term. That's all.  It's pretty clear to me now that he and Hannah would not have worked, even if she picked him; different lifestyles, crowds etc.  Maybe he even told her about his career dreams etc in the FS, which might have raised concerns.  We didn't get to see that, if so.  If I would've known, I think it would have been more obvious to me this show was a means to more visibility for him.  I would've viewed him under a different lens just like I did Jed when the people article about Jed came out. JMO

I'm not saying he did anything wrong.

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 am

I’m always so amused by how threatened people become when famous people show up at parties or restaurants or the theatre or in the lives of people we claim to like. Tyler is fine. He hasn’t been abducted by aliens. He’s chosen to get to know a young woman who is very successful in his chosen field. That’s called networking and it’s very smart, for anyone in any field. If something more comes of it and they decide to pursue a romance, I’m here for that too because she’s an asset to him, not a drain.

He has apparently also chosen not to place a higher value on Hannah than she ever placed on him. Looking at the FACTS, not the excuses or the rationalizations or outright false narratives - to date, Hannah is the only woman we know who publicly embarrassed and rejected Tyler. I’m not mad at her because I know she’s a hot mess and her ready, shoot, aim approach means she hurts herself more than anyone else. All the more reason for Tyler to leave her where he found her at least till she grows up and learns other people matter too. By then, someone else will be her victim. Praying

Meanwhile, I’m gonna stay on the alert for Tyler’s new Albiani pics.
All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 am

Minney wrote:I was so convinced that Tyler was going to be F1 during filming I was totally on the denial train!giggling  IDK, I like Tyler (and Hannah) a lot and don't see any jet setting activity, he hasn't gone on a second TB franchised show yet (as many from his season have), probably actually turned down the lead, his IG always showed modeling pics so regardless what his bio said on TB it was obvious he modeled.  Now he is involved with an organization that helps disadvantaged kids and leads runs for better mental and physical health. It's just strange that because he's dating GH all the good that we do know about him is now somehow irrelevant. IMO  

Well said! I don’t think I put him on a pedestal but I do think it’s unfair to judge him before we have all the info.

As for the bolded part: that’s what I’ve been saying over and over ! It’s great to see him use his popularity to promote something that’s beyond the franchise, something that’s actually meaningful, that he enjoys doing! I truly wish with her 2 million plus followers, Hannah can do the same. Jmo.

I also admire him remaining silent on sm regarding his dating life, that, IMO, takes restraint and maturity. IMO, there’s nothing wrong if anyone wants to pursue fame. The bigger question for me is: how do you use it to achieve sometime bigger? To bless others?

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:12 am

sdmom wrote:
Minney wrote:I was so convinced that Tyler was going to be F1 during filming I was totally on the denial train!giggling  IDK, I like Tyler (and Hannah) a lot and don't see any jet setting activity, he hasn't gone on a second TB franchised show yet (as many from his season have), probably actually turned down the lead, his IG always showed modeling pics so regardless what his bio said on TB it was obvious he modeled.  Now he is involved with an organization that helps disadvantaged kids and leads runs for better mental and physical health. It's just strange that because he's dating GH all the good that we do know about him is now somehow irrelevant. IMO  

Well said! I don’t think I put him on a pedestal but I do think it’s unfair to judge him before we have all the info.

As for the bolded part: that’s what I’ve been saying over and over ! It’s great to see him use his popularity to promote something that’s beyond the franchise, something that’s actually meaningful, that he enjoys doing! I truly wish with her 2 million plus followers, Hannah can do the same. Jmo.

I also admire him remaining silent on sm regarding his dating life, that, IMO, takes restraint and maturity. IMO, there’s nothing wrong if anyone wants to pursue fame. The bigger question for me is: how do you use it to achieve sometime bigger? To bless others?

All Jmo.

@sdmom
Fair and objective. Great post!

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:25 am

lleyki wrote:
People just had this guy on way to high of a pedestal.

The end, period. The lesson here is not about anything Tyler has done wrong. It's that people should not put other people on pedestals and project who you think they are onto them. As someone who simply liked Tyler because I thought he was hot and I liked how chill, unbothered and generally decent guy he seemed, I have no problem with him now.

As far as I'm concerned, Tyler seems no different now to me than he did before, other than he didn't play to a fantasy some people had regarding him and Hannah. His social media activity is no different, he's still working with the ABC Food Tours and he's dating someone because he's single and entitled to do so.

It's fine if someone was shipping Tyler and Hannah and so their not being together means you have no interest in him anymore. That's one thing. However, trying to villainize him or make him out to be some bad guy now because you didn't get a fantasy you imagined in your head, is unfair.

If I could like this post ten times, I would. I agree, it's perfectly fine to not like Tyler, but to try to paint him as a bad person is just not fair imho.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 am

I don't think he is after fame. He is just very driven in everything he does and has done. He wanted to be a professional football player. Finished school earlier, got his BMA earlier. His contract license.
He sees some possibility to make money in modelling, so he is pursuing this also.
He saw what happened when his father when they lost their home during a crisis and saw his parents marriage end because of it.
He is trying to make sure he has some money on the side.
I don't see him doing anything fancy. Stays with a friend, drives an old truck, doesn't wear designer clothes. I see him being modest and down to earth.
I don't think seeing Gigi is going to change him much.

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion - Page 16 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:57 am

Tyler said in one of the podcasts (i think Nick's) that he wants to finish his contractor certification. He has a partner for his contracting business and the plan is that the partner can take care of the day to day of the business while he is taking advantage of other job opportunities and or traveling. He's modeled before. It's always good to take advantage of multiple streams of income and strike while the iron is hot. It seems like Tyler always had this plan. He seems very driven and goal-oriented.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:13 am

wishesfireworks wrote:Tyler's dad is back in the hospital while he's going on dates with supermodels. Priorities.

My mom has serious health issues and I don’t fly home every time she goes into the hospital. The last time she was in ICU, her Dr asked me not to come home because it might freak her out and compromise her recovery...might scare her to see that I flew home more than it would help, and she wasn’t going to imminently die. Priorities are a hell of a thing...and my moms life is a bigger priority than my ego and personal feelings. Just something to think about, IMO.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 78 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 47 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

+68
lleyki
mbl
yellowbirdcage
livlafluv1
thirteen