SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by therealswahili Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:53 am

Just want to say that I’m disappointed they didn’t last. I really felt Abbie was a better ‘fit’ for Matt, but he seemed unwilling to give it a go and thought Chelsie was a more appropriate match IMO. Really believed they’d last longer than 6 weeks or so though. I hope Chelsie finds someone wonderful soon- she seems very genuine and deserves a happy ending. As for Matt- I think he’s a player, disguised as a nerd. Strikes me as a guy who wasn’t popular in High School and is making up for that rejection now.

therealswahili

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:20 am

therealswahili wrote:Just want to say that I’m disappointed they didn’t last. I really felt Abbie was a better ‘fit’ for Matt, but he seemed unwilling to give it a go and thought Chelsie was a more appropriate match IMO. Really believed they’d last longer than 6 weeks or so though. I hope Chelsie finds someone wonderful soon- she seems very genuine and deserves a happy ending. As for Matt- I think he’s a player, disguised as a nerd. Strikes me as a guy who wasn’t popular in High School and is making up for that rejection now.
who really knows with these people. I feel that since Ali and Taite, it’s all been fake. I’m not sure Ill bother watch future seasons, but I guess who the leafs are. IMO, it all a load of crap. Disappointed and JMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Pongo Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 am

@Just Looking I agree. I feel like every season the contestants and the lead become more and more disingenuous and it is the same typecasting and story lines each season. It is over produced and will not last much longer IMO. People will start getting bored to tune out.
Pongo
Pongo

Female Posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:18 pm

To a certain extent, the producers can bear some responsibility for the last 2 bachelors' relationship demise. They need to work harder in getting quality contestants for their leads. If Matt has chosen women more like Abbie, then fill the cast with that type and find 3-4 women more like Chelsie that have the personality to narrate the show. That would have made a far more interesting season to watch.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:42 pm

I personally feel Chelsie is genuine and not a typical social influencer wanna be. Example: returned to work and no schilling. She is the kind of contestant I want to see more on the show.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for her. I am concerned women like her won’t apply for this show.

I think this season did have women that Matt’s attracted to: Helena, Monique, Abbie. Too bad H was not interested and M left too soon.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Looking back, I think I was blinded by Matt’s seemingly nerdy persona, put him in a pedestal, and had higher expectations. My lesson is not to get too invested in the final couple, but just enjoy sleuthing and discussion on this board.

All,Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Zaynab wrote:
Just Looking wrote:I did like them together.  Maybe Matt just went on the show for exposure to do with his science talk on 14 Feb?

He’s done these science talks before he went on the show so I really don’t think this  show is going to help him in his science career significantly.
Oh, I didn’t realise that he’d already done science talks

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:29 am

leavers wrote:
Genevieve Australia wrote:
Vjeff wrote:

Apologies, thought the quote was Matt's. Regardless, I do find it bitter and passive aggressive to add so many happy photos to a breakup post when the breakup obviously was not amicable as she was liking every negative comment in there. Seemed like a guilt trip to me, JMO of course.

I agree, @Vjeff it is weird to me to see that. Had I been Chelsea, the last thing I would have done is  to announce my break-up uploading a set of photos of a so-called 'love story' that didn't work; add to that the fact that  she is liking all those messages about Matt.... no idea  scratch Obviously, she is entitled to feel that way; that may be her way to deal with pain, but IMO it is imprudent to do what she is doing. I remember that during the show Chelsea expressed negative opinions about her exes but she forgot that all her exes have something in common: they dated her, and she doesn't seem to have talked positively about any of her ex, IMO that is a bit strange. I am always cautious when contestants go to TV and blame their exes for their past experiences because the exes are not there to  refute those accusations and the contestants never seem to acknowledge the part they played in their break up so how do we know that what they say is true and not an exaggeration or just lies? In any story there are always two sides and most of the time -not always- the truth lies somewhere in between. It seems to me that by liking those posts Chelsie is solely blaming Matt. Who knows what really happened there! question no idea All JMO

I'm generally #teamChelsie in this breakup, but you raise some very good points that I've always thought about this show. On 1-on-1s, they encourage trauma disclosure as a way to "open up"; an inability to share traumatic stories from your past is a shortcut to being a problematic contestant who "can't open up" (the other way to "open up" is to prematurely tell the lead you're "starting to fall in love with them"Suspect ). It IMO leads to one-sided stories that involve other people who aren't there to defend themselves or tell their side of the story.  

During the airing of the show, on the dates when Chelsie was talking about her past relationships there were lots of twitter comments from people wanting Chelsie to name and shame her exes. I've always thought it pretty distasteful and also unnecessary that these people who have nothing to do with the show are brought up in this way as an unsuspecting plot point when, as you say, they might have a very different story.  There are loads of ways to "open up" without talking about your parents' divorce, your exes, or whatever imo.  Share hopes and dreams for the future, or just banter about other interesting stuff, or something like that, instead.  Who talks on a real-life first date about all the poop that's happened in their life without coming across as kinda sad and desperate? "Don't talk about your exes" is like, rule number one.

Anyways its an integral part of the show, but it's never sat right with me personally (the same way involving family/friends in hometowns and MTP has never really sat right with me either).

Yes to all this @leavers. I have always felt that revealing too much about the past (not just on the show but in general) makes the exes vulnerably to bullying, especially during a TV show, because people idealise contestants and blindly believe in them. IMO that is very dangerous. Since I am a very private person (I have a Facebook, but I rarely update my status and I don't really upload many photos), I use social media to sporadically spread positive stuff yet I rarely post/repost things. As you can imagine, I never talk about relationships (everyone who knows me know that my husband and are are perfect together, anyway) or politics. On Facebook and Instagram I go to visit the Bachelor/Bachelorette page and never comment, I don't even click 'like' on posts because I don't want my friends to see my activity in their Facebook feed. That is how I am and that is why I cannot really relate to Chelsie's oversharing. People who are more open and like to share everything with their friends, as some of my friends are, may not see issues with Chelsie's behaviour but I cannot lie, that attitude is, IMO, unhealthy and one of the things that I did not like about her. Chelsie seems nice but I don't care for her, yet I wish her the best.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:51 am

Anyone have any thoughts on Chelsie possibly being considered for the next bachelorette?
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 am

Jolena wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on Chelsie possibly being considered for the next bachelorette?

As in personal opinions? or her actual chances?

My personal opinion is that she doesn't have the personality to carry a season - though of course, a boring lead can be made up for by entertaining, quality contestants.
Today I made Becca and Garrett my avatar; Becca is often criticised for being boring! But I loved her season and I like Becca. Becca was imo genuine and mature and was definitely "there for the right reasons". So I think a "boring" lead can make for a good season. Of course, tptb are more interested in ratings than anything else so they might see boring as actually very risky!

I don't think it's what Chelsie herself wants from what I can tell, but I could be wrong. She seems to be into her career too much to take off the time required to film/do media.

I don't think tptb would see her as a number one pick. She might be in a "possible" column on their list of potential leads.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 am

Jolena wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on Chelsie possibly being considered for the next bachelorette?

I like Chelsie but she doesn't have the personality to carry it off and I don't see her dating multiple men well- she seems too shy and I think that would also make it hard for enough men to fall for her to make the show believable.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 am

@leavers @appiah01 @jolena
Yes I have to agree completely. She’s probably having second thoughts of regret already about her participation in the first place. I don’t expect her to be in much public format let alone the Lead on the Bachelorette.
Jmo
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:01 am

IMO she doesn't have the personality for it. The only one in the top 4 who has the personality to carry a show is Abbie but she is too divisive to be lead.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01