SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by mercieme Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:22 am

ReneeM wrote:I think guys like Sam & Matty J caught a lot of heat (unfairly) because people thought they were a certain type of guy because they’re conventionally attractive, and those two are probably 2 of the most genuine guys in the whole franchise. Breakups happen, I’m not judging Matt because of it, my judgement is because imo he checked out the minute the finale aired and didn’t even really try to make the relationship work. Jmo.
Re the bold, I am not sure any lead has been vilified as much on SM when Sam Wood let Heather the fan favorite go. I am not sure Matty J got it as much but agree overall that both those guys got a lot of heat. It’s why IMO, it’s best for the couples to just focus on one another and not let either the public adulation or backlash affect them though I completely understand that it’s quite challenging for it not to get to them either way. I have no idea what happened with Matt but throughout media rounds while the show was airing, he referred to marriage and kids with Chelsea so many times that I thought it was only a matter of time before they tied the knot. So IMO something shifted when he got out of the bubble and I hope he addresses it someday. I am thinking Matt went though what Blake Garvey went through but without the intention of going back to his F2 or F3 in this case...jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Jolena Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:23 am

leavers wrote:
Jolena wrote:I just went over to Matt's IG to read his post and to read any comments that might be on it and it seems to me that he's wiped his IG clean and there's only that one recent picture with his mustache . Can someone else go over and check so I know it's not just my IG that his pics disappeared. TIA

I just checked and everything's still there for me including all Chelsie pics (on the web and on mobile).

Thanks @leavers Then it must be only my IG. maybe some kind of a glitch since the new update a few hours ago.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:42 am

Bummer!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:43 am

sdmom wrote:Sad but not truly surprised. As someone had said upthread, sm doesn’t lie.

I am disappointed because they seem so different from typical Bach lead/contestant, and perfect on paper! They looked so in love right after the finale! Oh well, what do I know about this show, really? no idea dizzy hmmm

In my personal experience - the quote unquote "nerds" turn out to be much worse than the conventionally attractive guys who seem like they would be players.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:45 am

Vjeff wrote:
sdmom wrote:Sad but not truly surprised. As someone had said upthread, sm doesn’t lie.

I am disappointed because they seem so different from typical Bach lead/contestant, and perfect on paper! They looked so in love right after the finale! Oh well, what do I know about this show, really? no idea dizzy hmmm

In my personal experience - the quote unquote "nerds" turn out to be much worse than the conventionally attractive guys who seem like they would be players.
The “no game” game is real.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:51 am

Matt disappeared post-finale like his eyebrows. 

(Did I say that out loud?  Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 14 1f64a  Whoops laugh out loud But hey they'll be fine. It's fine laugh out loud )
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeegaZigHah Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 am

CRAPTANEOUS SHITCAKE...

[url= https://twitter.com/i/events/1195889907761180672?s=13
Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 14 Screen10[/url]

Hi, Bachie friends. I have never visited this site for a while since the official end of the Bachelor months ago. Since I thought Chelsie already appeared settled in their interviews and they looked like they were having a great time together. And also #TIME .

But this appeared on the headlines somewhere... Haven"t read a lot of the posts, but just want to put this here that Rachael was right about her assessment from the beginning. The former Bachelor may be an Astrophysicist" but still couldn't totally hide being a "dog c*nt".

A gentleman won't leave the lady hanging explaining everything to the public. Just saying.  no idea  (Edit: He posted this morning, as I've just read now from another site, sorry).

Still, Not surprised though.

Hoping for so much better experiences for Chelsie.

P.S. "Shitcake" is also from Rachael's interview in the show. Excuse the typos, doing this from phone.

Last edited by ZeegaZigHah on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total

ZeegaZigHah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:03 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Matt disappeared post-finale like his eyebrows. 

(Did I say that out loud?  Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 14 1f64a  Whoops laugh out loud But hey they'll be fine. It's fine laugh out loud )

Snap AAL. There’s also only space for one Alan Duffy in Oz too. Oops did I say that out aloud?
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 am

Vjeff wrote:In my personal experience - the quote unquote "nerds" turn out to be much worse than the conventionally attractive guys who seem like they would be players.

I've seen it too - the guys who were nerdy/unpopular kids suddenly have a glow up and start getting attention from women and it's like they go mad with power. laugh out loud

Sometimes it doesn't even seem like they're just making up for lost time but almost like they go OTT as payback for all those girls who rejected them in high school.

Not saying that's necessarily the case with Matt though. :halo:
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 am

Vjeff wrote:

Agree.  It's a problem in tech, science and nerd pop culture circles; women are often treated really poorly by men in those fields.  Not saying anything about Matt specifically, because ultimately we can only guess what happened with him and Chels and none of us know for sure, but there are real issues with the way men treat women in those worlds. And in my own experience, when nerds have a glow up they often become extra intolerable. JMO.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-06/sparrow-the-history-of-geek-culture-and-its-exclusion-of-women/6918518
https://www.salon.com/2015/01/10/the_plight_of_the_bitter_nerd_why_so_many_awkward_shy_guys_end_up_hating_feminism/

Included a couple of links just as a general thing, but after years being a gaming fan I can say anecdotally that nerd guys are very, very often far worse in their attitudes to women than guys who are tradies/jocks/gym junkies.

eta: I don't want to pile on Matt when I don't KNOW, really, what he's like IRL. Just only impressions from TV (but hey yep, maybe he really is a dog-see-you-next-tuesday after all, hey?). I can say it wouldn't surprise me if this was the kind of man Chelsie has dated in the past, science/techbro types who are nerds on the outside, utter neanderthals on the inside. I know it's why I feel super protective of her and I can't deny I'm really pissed at Matt! no no no Redfacemad

Last edited by leavers on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 am

Oh boo hiss! I'm sad about this, although based on recent social media, not surprised. I hope Chels isn't too burnt by this, she seems like a sweet girl, but quite fragile.

And I'm annoyed because like @Sundy I'm going to have to change my avatar, and nothings jumping out at me from Angie's season to change it to laugh out loud

And Rachael has been active in the comments on Chelsie's post, I hope she's going to spill some tea!
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:30 am

@Dirty Street Pie Your new avatar is GOLD. Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 14 3806527698

Last edited by Bobette on Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01