SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Worth noting Matt has lost 2k followers since 2 days ago. And when I checked it many hours after the announcement so could be even more.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Jolena Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:37 pm

Vjeff wrote:Worth noting Matt has lost 2k followers since 2 days ago. And when I checked it many hours after the announcement so could be even more.

Im not surprised. I'm going to unfollow him too Im not interested in his science projects, i was only interested in following him and Chelsie's relationship post show.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Jolena wrote:
Vjeff wrote:Worth noting Matt has lost 2k followers since 2 days ago. And when I checked it many hours after the announcement so could be even more.

Im not surprised. I'm going to unfollow him too Im not interested in his science projects, i was only interested in following him and Chelsie's relationship post show.

I unfollowed him right away. Nothing against Matt, but like you, my interest was the couple, not his career.
(call me shallow Embarressed! )

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:05 pm

sdmom wrote:
Jolena wrote:

I unfollowed him right away. Nothing against Matt, but like you, my interest was the couple, not his career.
(call me shallow Embarressed! )

Me too as well, also he hardly ever posts so I don’t think I’d be missing out. I have nothing against Matt. I might refollow him later, who knows. Also I don’t ever see him posting about his personal life again so if I wanted to follow his life I couldn’t.

ETA: Chelsie has lost 4-6k over the past month, most people are only interested in the couple IMO. I think people unfollowed before this when there was no news or updates on them.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 pm

If he was remotely interesting, I'll follow him for a while but he's Zzz. It's an unfollow for me as well. Typically I follow through the season and then if there's no buzz effect, unfollow.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:03 am

I did like them together. Maybe Matt just went on the show for exposure to do with his science talk on 14 Feb?

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:43 am

Just Looking wrote:I did like them together.  Maybe Matt just went on the show for exposure to do with his science talk on 14 Feb?
This is something that came to my mind as well. I hate to be judgemental but I cannot help to be judgemental sometimes. He disappointed me because during the show I didn't think he was really taking the process seriously. Perhaps he didn't feel that he had a long lasting connection with the girls he liked the most.  Maybe if Helena reciprocated his feelings or if  Monique was still there he would have behaved differently, but we will never know. The fact is that he became very popular because of The Bachelor, and IMO he used the show to present a skewed view of the scientific world, pretending that he was a different, cooler, the 'more handsome' type of scientist when that is untrue for there are thousands of Matts out there. IMO, if the viewers wanted to talk about science they don't need Matt, there are millions of articles and videos that anyone can google and are very informative. IMO Matt is not offering anything new. I suspect he is going to start losing followers rapidly if his Instagram doesn't change.
All is just my opinion

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add IMO)
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 am

Just Looking wrote:I did like them together.  Maybe Matt just went on the show for exposure to do with his science talk on 14 Feb?

He’s done these science talks before he went on the show so I really don’t think this  show is going to help him in his science career significantly.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by chailatte Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 am

Vjeff wrote:
Sundy wrote:@Vjeff can you please source those screenshots so I can go and have a look

Yep it's on Chelsie's breakup post. There are hundreds of comments so takes a while. Most of the ones she is liking are about her last picture which is the one where it is a quote from Matt saying he can't live without her and he is so in love with her. It was a very bitter and passive aggressive picture to add to the post and I feel really sorry for her - seems most of the commenters agreed wirh her sentiment there.

As there are many readers on the forum (inc tabloids) I just wanted to point out that the last pic you mentioned in bold was a paraphrase (not exact quote) of what Chelsie said to Matt on their date by the pool ... I’ve rewatched both what she said to him and what he said to her at FRC. 4:40mins into this video ...

Source (Bachelor AU): https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3055865087819649&id=478928618846655

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I do think we need to be careful about speculating peoples intentions particularly if our evidence isn’t right in the first place ...

Gotta admit that rewatching them tore me up a bit. I loved them together. 😕

chailatte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 am

chailatte wrote:
Vjeff wrote:
Sundy wrote:@Vjeff can you please source those screenshots so I can go and have a look

Yep it's on Chelsie's breakup post. There are hundreds of comments so takes a while. Most of the ones she is liking are about her last picture which is the one where it is a quote from Matt saying he can't live without her and he is so in love with her. It was a very bitter and passive aggressive picture to add to the post and I feel really sorry for her - seems most of the commenters agreed wirh her sentiment there.

As there are many readers on the forum (inc tabloids) I just wanted to point out that the last pic you mentioned in bold was a paraphrase (not exact quote) of what Chelsie said to Matt on their date by the pool ... I’ve rewatched both what she said to him and what he said to her at FRC. 4:40mins into this video ...

Source (Bachelor AU): https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3055865087819649&id=478928618846655

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I do think we need to be careful about speculating peoples intentions particularly if our evidence isn’t right in the first place ...

Gotta admit that rewatching them tore me up a bit. I loved them together. 😕

Apologies, thought the quote was Matt's. Regardless, I do find it bitter and passive aggressive to add so many happy photos to a breakup post when the breakup obviously was not amicable as she was liking every negative comment in there. Seemed like a guilt trip to me, JMO of course.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:44 am

Vjeff wrote:

Apologies, thought the quote was Matt's. Regardless, I do find it bitter and passive aggressive to add so many happy photos to a breakup post when the breakup obviously was not amicable as she was liking every negative comment in there. Seemed like a guilt trip to me, JMO of course.

I agree, @Vjeff it is weird to me to see that. Had I been Chelsea, the last thing I would have done is  to announce my break-up uploading a set of photos of a so-called 'love story' that didn't work; add to that the fact that  she is liking all those messages about Matt.... no idea  scratch Obviously, she is entitled to feel that way; that may be her way to deal with pain, but IMO it is imprudent to do what she is doing. I remember that during the show Chelsea expressed negative opinions about her exes but she forgot that all her exes have something in common: they dated her, and she doesn't seem to have talked positively about any of her ex, IMO that is a bit strange. I am always cautious when contestants go to TV and blame their exes for their past experiences because the exes are not there to  refute those accusations and the contestants never seem to acknowledge the part they played in their break up so how do we know that what they say is true and not an exaggeration or just lies? In any story there are always two sides and most of the time -not always- the truth lies somewhere in between. It seems to me that by liking those posts Chelsie is solely blaming Matt. Who knows what really happened there! question no idea All JMO

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add IMO)
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:04 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
Vjeff wrote:

I agree, @Vjeff it is weird to me to see that. Had I been Chelsea, the last thing I would have done is  to announce my break-up uploading a set of photos of a so-called 'love story' that didn't work; add to that the fact that  she is liking all those messages about Matt.... no idea  scratch Obviously, she is entitled to feel that way; that may be her way to deal with pain, but IMO it is imprudent to do what she is doing. I remember that during the show Chelsea expressed negative opinions about her exes but she forgot that all her exes have something in common: they dated her, and she doesn't seem to have talked positively about any of her ex, IMO that is a bit strange. I am always cautious when contestants go to TV and blame their exes for their past experiences because the exes are not there to  refute those accusations and the contestants never seem to acknowledge the part they played in their break up so how do we know that what they say is true and not an exaggeration or just lies? In any story there are always two sides and most of the time -not always- the truth lies somewhere in between. It seems to me that by liking those posts Chelsie is solely blaming Matt. Who knows what really happened there! question no idea All JMO

I'm generally #teamChelsie in this breakup, but you raise some very good points that I've always thought about this show. On 1-on-1s, they encourage trauma disclosure as a way to "open up"; an inability to share traumatic stories from your past is a shortcut to being a problematic contestant who "can't open up" (the other way to "open up" is to prematurely tell the lead you're "starting to fall in love with them"Suspect ). It IMO leads to one-sided stories that involve other people who aren't there to defend themselves or tell their side of the story.

During the airing of the show, on the dates when Chelsie was talking about her past relationships there were lots of twitter comments from people wanting Chelsie to name and shame her exes. I've always thought it pretty distasteful and also unnecessary that these people who have nothing to do with the show are brought up in this way as an unsuspecting plot point when, as you say, they might have a very different story. There are loads of ways to "open up" without talking about your parents' divorce, your exes, or whatever imo. Share hopes and dreams for the future, or just banter about other interesting stuff, or something like that, instead. Who talks on a real-life first date about all the poop that's happened in their life without coming across as kinda sad and desperate? "Don't talk about your exes" is like, rule number one.

Anyways its an integral part of the show, but it's never sat right with me personally (the same way involving family/friends in hometowns and MTP has never really sat right with me either).
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01