SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:42 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Nne0Il4f0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Nq4dklAnp/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19227

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8NvAJ4FKIu/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by MsBuckingham Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 am

The only episode I enjoyed this season was the first one, and that was because, despite everything we can say about overproducing, it contained the only moment I felt showed somehow genuine emotion (Hannah B giving Peter his wings back and their discussion at the end).

The telenovela portion of this episode was a poor choice on the producers's part because it really struck me how much this season has felt like a telenovela already, when the only reason a lot of viewers watch relationship shows like The Bachelor is to see relationships form. Relationships, not scripts. The Bachelor may be terribly formulaic and we're all really used to the formula by now but this is the first year I've really felt like the entire cast of women was just going through the motions and just hitting keywords and key scenes without any soul whatsoever. It makes for very awkward viewing. I know, I know, they're all here to boost their social media following and this is their audition for BIP, fine, but this is a relationship show. With one notable exception (Madison), the only relationship these girls have is with the camera and I may be alone in this but it's the first season I've really started to question my interest. The game was ridiculous to begin with - I'm in my early 30s and I know most girls in their 20s aren't ready for a commitment, let alone marriage, but they've still always managed to show some true moments of falling in love, some real sparks. Not so much this year.

Hannah Ann's date was embarassing on so many levels. Her white dress was stunning and she's incredibly pretty but their conversations are shallow. She went from not having ever been in love to falling in love with Peter in two seconds and he ran to get her the rose. I felt like I was watching a video game walkthrough where the next level had been unlocked the second Hannah Ann had uttered the magic words.

Peter keeps telling every woman (Kelley, Victoria P.) that he feels that their relationship has plateaued since the beginning of the show, and that's how the show feels - like it started with a bang, and it's been emotionless visuals since.

Victoria F's date was interesting because Victoria is so mean to other girls on camera yet acts like a fragile flower with Peter and it's unsettling to watch because she's probably not acting for the cameras - she's probably like that in her everyday life, which is sad.

Peter is a very poor lead, he's so indecisive and lacks confidence in everything he does. He looks lost ALL of the time, and it's not attractive. At all. It looks like such a painful process for him. He looks like someone who's trying to find something genuine but has to go through everybody else's fiction, much like me, really, except he's paid for it and this is supposed to be entertaining, as opposed to a flood of tears and shallow small talk week after week. He looks like he fell in love with either Hannah B or Madison and is just trying to get through to the end of this so he can be alone with either one of them. Frankly, I thought it was a bit rich of Peter to ask Victoria if she wanted to be here - Peter, honey, do YOU want to be here?
MsBuckingham
MsBuckingham

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:05 am

Who the heck knows! with Peter. At this point I am just trying to find out what the heck happened, because RS doesn't.

Oh, and I should not have said moaned when he and Madi kissed.  But, she was the ',hmmmm' kissing one one the preview.

@MsBuckinham. Great summary of this season!

Last edited by atem on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:57 pm

@MsBuckingham First of all a belated :Welcome

Wonderful summary of the season and my own thoughts about the show and Peter. The only points we disagree on are that Peter is looking for something genuine...I'm not sure about that...and that he fell for either Madi or Hannah. I really saw nothing engaging between him and Hannah...from either side. They both seemed to be playing a role. To me, Peter seems most engaged and the least awkward when he is with Madi.

Personally, I just can't seem to get into this season. With the exception of Kelley, the women are so bland/nasty/petty/immature and Peter is such a horrid lead. Even with Madi where I do see some genuine interest, I am not excited and can't work up any kind of enthusiasm. Maybe because I feel that 5 seconds out in the real world, Peter will flip flop again and change his mind. I mostly blame the producers because the terrible casting choices are what set this sh*t show in motion and I don't see that changing.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MsBuckingham Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Thank you, Sprite, and atem you're both very sweet Embarressed!

@Sprite Oh I absolutely agree about Kelley. She's way too good for this show (or for Peter, for that matter) and I'm amazed they cast her and keep showing clips of her where she's clearly disillusioned with the whole process (her not having a 'sob story' comment was spot on + her telling him she was ready for marriage, but he wasn't). Very bizarre choice on the producers' part as she frankly just serves as a stand-in for us and everything she's not comfortable with (which is really the whole experience) I'M uncomfortable with. Therefore, every time she's shown as skeptical on camera, I sigh and wonder why exactly I'm watching this season.
I also completely agree with you about Peter changing his mind at the drop of a hat. He seems like a such a people-pleaser to me, which is lovely when it comes to friendship in real life and he seems like a sweet man overall but when it comes to romantic relationships, he clearly isn't mature enough and wow, talk about miscasting - how can they choose a lead who's so obviously going to have such a hard time picking just one person?

Last edited by MsBuckingham on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MsBuckingham
MsBuckingham

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Sharleen’s Flare recap: https://www.flare.com/bachelor/bachelor-episode-6-recap-peter-season-24-2020/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Ratings:

Fox's unscripted lineup topped a special edition of The Bachelor on ABC, which averaged a 1.3 in adults 18-49 and 5.08 million viewers for its two hours.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lego-masters-masked-singer-tv-ratings-wednesday-feb-5-2020-1276927
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan4life Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:08 pm

bluwavz wrote:Ratings:

Fox's unscripted lineup topped a special edition of The Bachelor on ABC, which averaged a 1.3 in adults 18-49 and 5.08 million viewers for its two hours.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lego-masters-masked-singer-tv-ratings-wednesday-feb-5-2020-1276927

No surprise to me. I am always a faithful Bachelor/Bachelorette viewer. I have not finished one single episode of this season since it began. I've lost interest. Very disappointing.

Fan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by smg2587 Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Hannah Ann sounded like she was answering questions for a job interview instead of dating Peter. I just don't see anything there on either end for some reason. Peter wants these women to bare all to him and most of these women have nothing to share about their feelings for him (because they don't exist for most of them). I will say I am not sure Hannah Ann knows what she want at this point in her life and it was that love confess just wasn't' that believable. I grown to like her more since the first episode but she still has a robotic side to her when you watch her on the show. This show will never get rid of trope of having an old couple talk about love on one of these 1on1s.

I still love Kelley in this episode. I don't think she would be the a great bachelorette though. But on this train wreck of a season she is the only hope I have for the actual entertainment I watch this show for. Must say these pageant girls this season played RS like a fiddle and had him and most believing they left on their own. He really got very little this season. Not a fan of hers anymore but I for one liked how Victoria P got him to say what he couldn't get out. She did try to push him to tell her how he was feeling and it backfired on her. While Peter and Madison can be cute together I just don't see much substance behind the cute stuff. They clearly like each other but I feel like they still probably know nothing about each other and I personal know nothing about either of them from the show except they both value family and like to touch noses.

I know Natasha knows how television like this works and is most likely a plant but I 100% agree on her take on Tammy. She realize when Kelsey got the rose she reach to far and went after one of his favorites so she went after someone that didn't get a 1on1 in Mykenna knowing they are probably closer to the same level. The fight was stupid and useless because both where going home anyway. I don't know how Tammy became so celebrated as a contestant before this week especially for people that cover this show for the media yearly. Can we stop hero worshiping the people that are just to say funny things in these episodes because they actually don't have a connection with the lead. There are no tears Mykenna's face when she puts on the crying face. She was here for her brand as well and I think she came in liking Peter but knew right away they had nothing. These where two people that knew their chances at a rose for next week where slim and part of getting in this fight was to get screen time.

He clearly likes Victoria F and it is painfully obvious she doesn't feel the same and is good at manipulating him. The times when they are just together are the times and not talking about drama or feelings I honestly see him the most comfortable this season. She is pretty clearly trying to make Peter chase her in this and he is painfully eating out of her hand. I really think Victoria and Madison was his real f2 at least at this point and the two I see him falling for. I don't think either relationship has a whole lot to it but there is just nothing there with the rest of them in my eyes.

I like Hannah B for the most part but I will never like the fact her exit speech is going to give us every single contestant from now on will used their exits as a giant "emotional" monologue and audition to be the next Bachelorette. I am more of a fan of the Hannah G style exits anyway, not talking an make the show lose gas money.

All jmo.

smg2587

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:07 pm

mizzoufan wrote:I don't  think VF would ever be the Bachelorette.

After the Cosmo White Lives Matter thing there's no chance.

suzq wrote:I don't think there is any way that Victoria F would be Bachelorette -- too much has come out about her.

I think tptb would have overlooked/brushed over her personal history if they really wanted her but now that Cosmo have gone on the record about her controversial modeling gig, there's no way.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Oh, and I keep forgetting to say that even though she is obviously a MOT girl, I really enjoy Natasha. She is so funny.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+28
Amethyst
Fan4life
MsBuckingham
LoveDovez
Maddy