SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:19 pm

https://youtu.be/VpzwNGVczrw
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:34 pm

https://youtu.be/fxFtPQud9k4
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:42 pm

bluwavz wrote:Sharleen’s Flare recap: https://www.flare.com/bachelor/bachelor-episode-6-recap-peter-season-24-2020/

Sharleen is always so insightful. I enjoy her recaps.

I'll admit, I've been struggling with this season. Prior to this episode, I only watched the previous two episodes lightly. I've started to wonder if I'm getting too old for this series. I'm not ready to bail just yet, but it's been difficult to sustain attention. So my comments are given with the understanding that I've missed a fair amount.

Hannah Ann appears to be a beacon of normalcy in a contentious house. I agree with those who say that on her one-on-one, she seemed to be at a job interview (that at least initially, was not going well.) She just seems so young to me -- too young to be talking marriage, too young to be the Bachelorette.

Mykenna -- I really had high hopes for her at the beginning of the series. I felt drawn to her. But she has just spent too much of her precious time on the show being upset. I wish I could do something to wipe the frown off of her face. I'd love to see her kick back, relax, and enjoy herself. I suspect that there is someone fun inside of there if she could bring herself to care a whole lot less. Peter is going to do what Peter is going to do -- might as well have a good time. I hope that she dials back the drama on Paradise. If she's got some "sparkle," it's time to let it shine.

Tammy -- WTH happened there?

Victoria F. -- It's funny how Peter kicks other women to the curb who are not all in for him, but gives Victoria F. a free pass. He may not be over her, but I am.

Kelly -- The class act of the bunch. How mean to give her the grandma role in the telenovela! So much of the time she seems to be sitting back and just observing the shenanigans (and taking notes.)

And finally, Peter. *sigh* Peter reminds me of a frustrated director who is not getting what he needs out of his actresses -- "Stronger emotion, ladies! Play for sympathy! Tears! Is this the best Central Casting has to offer?" When they cry (or at least try to cry) on command, he at last appears content.

I don't mind so much when a lead struggles with managing the house, because most of them do. What bothers me about Peter is that I don't get a strong sense of him seeking lasting core qualities that will be good for the long haul in a potential spouse. Maybe it's there, but I just feel a lack in that regard. He likes beautiful women, sexy women, women who are either fully into him, or conversely, are playing hard to get (i.e. Victoria F.) Does he value intelligence, wit, humor, a strong sense of adventure, perseverance, loyalty, a strong moral center, etc.? I seriously don't have a clue. And I would like to have a clue about that. It's what makes watching the series worthwhile.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:17 pm

Ashley I’s Cosmo recap: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a30799046/bachelor-peter-weber-season-24-episode-6-recap/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:22 pm

@MsBuckingham @Sprite @smg2587 @Amethyst
So many pertinent points on this very disappointing season. I am a veteran and could care less what happens this season. Best real moments were with Peter and Hannah Brown. Best women this season are Kelly and Natasha, whom I think is so pretty. All I can think is the show is selling out to a younger cast to keep an audience watching. Victoria F doesn't even look Peter in the eye - would love a body language expert on that (I know what I think!). Hannah Ann looks like she just graduated high school and seems like a lovely person BUT ... what does she know about life? Peter is chasing Madison but what the heck - she's 23. Give me a believable love story and I'll watch but this drama and bickering is something I have no tolerance nor time for.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie2 Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:10 pm

The show is definitely targeting the 20 somethings lately.  The problem is TPTB have not changed their format / formula to reflect the times.
20 somethings are not getting engaged or married at 22-27 these days.They are dating around. The traditional  fans will not like it as much, but if Peter ends up just “ dating” someone, like Colton did ,the 20 somethings will be fine with it.
As long as there are plenty of IG stories with the happy couple for a few months after the finale for them to follow , of course. giggling

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by MsBuckingham Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:58 am

Excellent point, @Goldie2. I don't see a lot of 20-somethings watching The Bachelor around me but the dating scene has changed a lot since The Bachelor started yet the show ignores that completely. There's a massive disconnect between what 20 somethings do and want out of a relationship and what's portrayed on The Bachelor.
I think, at some point, either the show's formula is going to have to change to adapt to a younger audience or give us something where marriage really seems like a viable option (and in 2020, who really thinks eight weeks is enough? I know a lot of people knew straight away when they met their future spouse that they were *the one* which is wonderful, but then show us this process of falling in love, not a room full of girls saying awful things to each other hoping to get more Instagram followers).
MsBuckingham
MsBuckingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@MsBuckingham @Sprite @smg2587 @Amethyst
So many pertinent points on this very disappointing season. I am a veteran and could care less what happens this season. Best real moments were with Peter and Hannah Brown. Best women this season are Kelly and Natasha, whom I think is so pretty. All I can think is the show is selling out to a younger cast to keep an audience watching. Victoria F doesn't even look Peter in the eye - would love a body language expert on that (I know what I think!). Hannah Ann looks like she just graduated high school and seems like a lovely person BUT ... what does she know about life? Peter is chasing Madison but what the heck - she's 23. Give me a believable love story and I'll watch but this drama and bickering is something I have no tolerance nor time for.
I agree with you! Young and drama! Will see if they may change to a little older lead! We can hope!
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 pm

I also think the same as all the posters above, and while age is a significant criteria, so is maturity which is not always equal to age. IMO the culprit is way too many girls were casted that come from the pageant’s world. It’s unfortunate to see how petty and backstabbing they get and they take the competition to another level, more personal and even vicious. It’s a great casting pool for TPTB because many of them have experience ‘ putting on a show’, they like the spotlight and they are vulnerable to any manipulation from the producers. ( with the righ carrot dangling in front of them, which is exposure For example, Kelley is from such a different background and world, that she could not relate to the level of drama that occurred around her and she stayed away from most of it as far as we can see.
Ironically, Peter is awful at dealing with them as he gives in to the girls’s personal issues, and loses whatever little focus he may have had to start with. A perfect recipe for a disastrous season that is unfolding in front of us. He really got rid of pretty much every woman that was looking less drama inclined and more mature.
JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by locoforbach Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:26 pm

So, I am not spoiled or on SM, not going to read any threads until later in season if I get completely fed up with all the shenanigans. My apologies to all of you "in the know" if what I have to say is old news, but I have to vent a little about Victoria F . . . . .

I liked her, she seemed nice and normal and genuine, even through the very awkward (possibly set up) Chase Rice date, but after last week I am not a fan.

First off I noticed she looks at the camera and crew way more than she does Peter.

Second am I the only one that thought for her one-on-one date with Peter she studied Cassie's lines from her last date with Colton??  I mean my gosh it was practically word for word - - - all the "I don't knows", I am going to be sick, walking away from the camera. PAAALLLEESSSEE girl, if you want to get noticed you need to get your own lines!  The difference for me is Cassie was honestly upset and torn up about leaving.  There is no way Vic F is that far along at this stage.

I may be bias because C&C are in my top fav, but it REALLY irritated me to watch that scene. It seemed totally fake and fabricated!

Thanks all for reading and sorry if "old news". I wanted to post without getting spoiled so getting back out of here. See you at the end of all this silliness! Smiley

I hope this season gets more interesting because right now the only one I see as a potential partner for Peter is Megan and we haven't seen much of her with all the other drama going on.  Kelly is super down to earth and deserves happiness, I just don't know if Peter will lead with the head on his shoulders or the one below his waist sneakyl
locoforbach
locoforbach

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:53 pm

@locoforbach It's always great to hear from non spoiled. You mention what a lot of others have mentioned as well. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Feb 5th - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+28
Amethyst
Fan4life
MsBuckingham
LoveDovez
Maddy