SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 65 of 66 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by cheriee Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:51 am

I can only imagine @Sprite.  laugh out loud  I'm honestly shocked rewatching that whole scene and just how emotionally manipulative Barb was. It was absolutely fine to raise her concerns, but to do so in a way that just completely overlooked her own son's feelings and needs was wrong. To basically be angry with Madi because she was honest with him and didn't just tell Peter what he wanted to hear... and then in turn tell her son what he should do in order to make HER happy. Just so much wrong with how that played out. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Jolena Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:44 am

I know it's the F1 that usually get the negative edit from MTP , Barb was over the top more so then others Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 65 4256136633 probably one of the most emotional moms ever The F2 is always treated with kid gloves , loving ect while the F1 gets grilled. Colton's mother was uneasy, Ben's mother , and just about all of them so Im sure if Peter ends up with Madi they will accept and love her. We only see a sliver of the date and im sure the day went much better then we saw jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 am

If Peter and Madi actually are together or trying to work it out I think maybe Barb will have watched the season and seen more of the connection between Madi and Peter and why Peter felt so strongly for her. Like I said the issue wasn't Barb having concerns, but it was incredibly manipulative for her to disregard Peter's feelings (and Madi's for that matter). She made it about herself when it's their relationship after all. I do think that the family would end up being supportive and it's not uncommon for those MTP to be bumpy. I thought the discussion between Madi and Peter's father was actually very touching. I also would hope that Peter realizes that whilst it's important to have your family's input, you have to be your own person and create your own life. Moving out of home couldn't come soon enough regardless of who he is or isn't with. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:22 am

@cheriee I cannot agree more about everything you wrote, I’m feeling spent after watching it and reading the comments here. I missed the first part - with HA  I guess- and was horrified by his mother’s extra manipulative ways and was glad to see him FINALLY say ‘ NO, you have to stop that’ when she kept crying and wanting him to choose HA.
I have to say as a mother, I know you want the best for your kids, and avoid having them experience pain...but ITS THEIR LIFE,  AND that includes LETTING THEM make their OWN choices, without your interference. There is a BIG difference between being supportive vs. interfering and having crying fit for him to choose ‘ a perfect angel sent by God after she prayed’ WHAT is this? A télénovella?
I suspect that Peter’s emotional growth has been stumped by staying with his parents and letting them be in HIS business far too long. As a young man who needs this time to fly by his own rules and figure out who he is without the constant advice and help of his parents. Does she do his laundry still? I mean...that’s enabling him to NOT grow up IMO.
The best thing that can happen here is no matter what his relationship is, he should MOVE AWAY and start making his own life. It’s not a sign of not loving your family, it’s what he needs to get his backbone back. They are adding to his already shaky indecisiveness and he needs the opposite.
I know that this year will be a major turning point for him, just hope he does take the steps to grow with or without Madison by his side.

JMOAA
I got carried away, and came here to say that the living room where Barbara, Peter’s  dad and Jack are watching probably the finale...is NOT the Airbnb where Peter is seen breaking up. I checked the photos. It is somewhere else probably nearby their house, set up by TPTB no doubt. The style and architecture is very Northern California IMO

Last edited by Astrobach on Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:42 am

Yes @Astrobach, I feel exhausted having watched that all unfold and I believe you can tell how drained Madi and Peter were by all of this too. It is understandable to want the best for your children and to help guide them, it is another thing entirely to interfere in their lives and emotionally manipulate your adult children into doing what you want. It was actually a good moment of growth for Peter when he momentarily stood up to his Mother and defended his feelings for Madi. We had spoken before about how Madi and Peter could be a catalyst for growing that backbone. We at least saw that for a moment with his mother when Peter finally told her to stop. I imagine this kind of emotional manipulation with his mother has been happening to him his entire life.

Really regardless of whether Peter and Madi are together, IMO Peter needs to move out ASAP and really step outside that familial relationship. It is unhealthy to be that tied down to their approval, and if he wants to find happiness, he needs to be prepared to be his own person. You’re right, it’s not a sign of not loving your family, it’s a sign of actually living the life you need to in order to have a family of your own one day. Any mother who really loves their son should want that for him. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:01 am

cheriee wrote:If Peter and Madi actually are together or trying to work it out I think maybe Barb will have watched the season and seen more of the connection between Madi and Peter and why Peter felt so strongly for her. Like I said the issue wasn't Barb having concerns, but it was incredibly manipulative for her to disregard Peter's feelings (and Madi's for that matter). She made it about herself when it's their relationship after all. I do think that the family would end up being supportive and it's not uncommon for those MTP to be bumpy. I thought the discussion between Madi and Peter's father was actually very touching. I also would hope that Peter realizes that whilst it's important to have your family's input, you have to be your own person and create your own life. Moving out of home couldn't come soon enough regardless of who he is or isn't with. All JMO.

May I ask where that was discussed and when? Thank you!
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:15 am

@alwayscooking Peter has mentioned moving in a few interviews this season. I can't remember which interview specifically (was it Jimmy Kimmel?) but when the season began he was asked about still living at home, and he said he'd only be living there for a couple of months longer and would be moving out.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:18 am

cheriee wrote:@alwayscooking Peter has mentioned moving in a few interviews this season. I can't remember which interview specifically (was it Jimmy Kimmel?) but when the season began he was asked about still living at home, and he said he'd only be living there for a couple of months longer and would be moving out.

Thank you! Good for him, he needs to be on his own.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:14 am

cheriee wrote:If Peter and Madi actually are together or trying to work it out I think maybe Barb will have watched the season and seen more of the connection between Madi and Peter and why Peter felt so strongly for her. Like I said the issue wasn't Barb having concerns, but it was incredibly manipulative for her to disregard Peter's feelings (and Madi's for that matter). She made it about herself when it's their relationship after all. I do think that the family would end up being supportive and it's not uncommon for those MTP to be bumpy. I thought the discussion between Madi and Peter's father was actually very touching. I also would hope that Peter realizes that whilst it's important to have your family's input, you have to be your own person and create your own life. Moving out of home couldn't come soon enough regardless of who he is or isn't with. All JMO.

What did his dad and Madi talk about?  I didn't see it.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by USAGold Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 am

atem wrote:

What did his dad and Madi talk about?  I didn't see it.

If they are together and working on their relationship, I fully expect Barb to do & say a 180. She is first & foremost at wanting him to be happy & if he is happy with Madison, I think she will change her tune!! If not, Yikes!!

USAGold

Female Posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 am

@atem Madi reasurred Peter's father that she wants the best for Peter. That she knows Peter is someone very special and that he deserves to have the love he wants and needs. Peter's father smiled and said it was very well put. It seemed to me that maybe Peter's dad understood Madi more than his Mother did.

@USAGold I agree. I think if Peter and Madi are together that Barb would try to change her tune. At least I would hope so. Although I definitely think the real shift will happen once Peter moves away and Barb realizes her role as a Mother is one of guidance, not control. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:23 am

Peter's parents are way too involved with his life and now those associated with the show.

CH had dinner at their house in December.
They spent NYE with Julie in NYC.
And, those are just the times that have made it to SM. I bet there have been others. I know CH and Peter have played golf together as well.

Peter needs to move out yesterday and preferably as far away from her as possible. An apartment in the LA area isn't far enough. Mom will be there whenever he is home. And, really, with his father also being a pilot and having airline perks, his mom could decide to hop on a plane and go see him whenever she wants so no place is really far enough away for him.

His family seems nice enough but they are way too involved in their son's lives. Makes me think that the rumor that went around about Peter sleeping with a girlfriend Jack had brought home a few years back is true and that his family had no problem with it... even Jack.

IMO Madison is way more mature than Peter even though she is 5 years younger!

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 66 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - S/Caps - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+49
cheriee
kmick0890
blueblues
11minny
Fan4life