SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 54 of 64 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by atem Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:05 am

Until Madi is asked about it and answers herself, I don't know what exactly happened.

I know Madi isn't totally innocent with happened with Peter.  I just think she really fell for him and was in denial about their differences.  

As for being an influencer, Madi could have done a lot of Instagram stories in her day to day life and hasn't done one. I do think she wants to build relationships to  build reach to the faith community charities.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

1 - Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by 11minny Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:18 am

cheriee wrote:
Kas_256 wrote:whilst I didn’t expect peter and madi to work long term I was rooting for them to give it a shot and find some happiness together in the short term.

Do I think the main reason it lasted a whole 2 day, if that, is Barb and what went down at ATFR - 100%. I think it was just too much for them to deal with and for that I am sad for them. 

His mum has no self awareness to understand what she’s done , and I don’t think she ever will unfortunately.

All jmo

I think that's how I felt too. Aware that there really were A LOT of obstacles, but hoping that they might give it a try to learn and grow. I do believe that there was an idea to go on that charity trip in the Spring together. I think Madi's family had their own concerns, but they could see how she was struggling and gave her their blessings. I don't really think many relationships could withstand what Barb did to them. I think there was a tentative opportunity, but that would only work if Peter was willing to take a real leap and set up very clear boundaries with his Mother. I hope one day he gets that courage because this same pattern is going to be present in any relationship going forward. I don't think Barb is ever going to change.

All JMO.

This is how I have felt all along. Madi will be fine. She is a strong woman with a great support system. Peter, on the other hand, could really struggle, as he doesn't have the support from his family that he could use. I can't imagine, at least if it were me, ever returning and looking his mother in the eye anytime soon.

11minny

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:25 am

Now that the dust has settled, I'm not surprised by anything that happened. I'm maybe a little surprised that Barb bodied them both on national tv, but I'm not surprised by how she felt just that she went savage on their @sses on live tv.

Here's what I expect to come next...
Madi will preach to her millions of followers and navigate through a Christian influencer world.
Hannah Ann will get engaged to someone from BIP this summer and waste her 2nd engagement just like her first.
Peter will hide out for a few more weeks as he reels, then appear on instagram rumor accounts for the next 2 years partying and playing around with dozens of women.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:29 am

atem wrote:I just think she really fell for him and was in denial about their differences.  

As for being an influencer, Madi could have done a lot of Instagram stories in her day to day life and hasn't done one. I do think she wants to build relationships to  build reach to the faith community.

Yeah I really don't think Madi expected to fall as hard as she did. I think that first 1 on 1 (which was also literally right at the start of the show) went far better than the producers or anyone expected. Then they didn't have a 1 on 1 until the week before hometowns. This was really a season of cancelled cocktails parties and endless drama, I feel like we barely got to know the girls or Peter. I wonder how they felt?

Surely it’s been established by now that none of these people sign up just for love. I don't watch it thinking that. The thing that interests me is when I see people fall in love anyway.

But with production manipulating every aspect these days we barely get any time even seeing that play out. And now with the way social media is so much of the discourse is just bullying, mocking, and personal attacks. The show is going to continue doing what it does because it's a ratings winner, but I don't think production is even trying to help anyone find love at this point. The show seems to be more about tearing people down than anything else.

I really do hope they all have people looking out for their mental health and well-being. They might go into it thinking of the positives, but there are serious negatives and none of them deserve to be subjected to abuse for going on a TV show.

All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:39 am

I really feel that Peter and Madi have a lot of love for each other, but the differences in their expectations of each other was a lot to overcome, and then toxic Mama Weber came along and harpooned any chance they had in overcoming that gap.

Madi will be fine, she is very young, and seems to have a great support network around her, but Peter hopefully can take this as a lesson that mama doesn’t always know best, and take this opportunity to untie the apron strings a bit!
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 am

11minny wrote:
cheriee wrote:
Kas_256 wrote:whilst I didn’t expect peter and madi to work long term I was rooting for them to give it a shot and find some happiness together in the short term.

Do I think the main reason it lasted a whole 2 day, if that, is Barb and what went down at ATFR - 100%. I think it was just too much for them to deal with and for that I am sad for them. 

His mum has no self awareness to understand what she’s done , and I don’t think she ever will unfortunately.

All jmo

I think that's how I felt too. Aware that there really were A LOT of obstacles, but hoping that they might give it a try to learn and grow. I do believe that there was an idea to go on that charity trip in the Spring together. I think Madi's family had their own concerns, but they could see how she was struggling and gave her their blessings. I don't really think many relationships could withstand what Barb did to them. I think there was a tentative opportunity, but that would only work if Peter was willing to take a real leap and set up very clear boundaries with his Mother. I hope one day he gets that courage because this same pattern is going to be present in any relationship going forward. I don't think Barb is ever going to change.

All JMO.

This is how I have felt all along.  Madi will be fine.  She is a strong woman with a great support system.  Peter, on the other hand, could really struggle, as he doesn't have the support from his family that he could use.  I can't imagine, at least if it were me, ever returning and looking his mother in the eye anytime soon.

Sadly, IMO the toxic dynamic in the Weber family pretty much ensures that he'll return to the nest soon. I think if his father or brother had stood up for him it'd be a different story, but with Barb in complete control I suspect it won't be long until she's celebrating his return. But don't let any happy family pics fool you. IMO even if they're back to pretending everything is okay I don't think Peter is ever going to forget what Barb did. I honestly hope he visits a therapist and gets some help ASAP. He's stagnated in life, and is surrounded by people who don't want him to change (and change is the thing he needs most IMO). It's really until he decides to put up clear boundaries with his mother and move out that this is just going to be an ongoing cycle in his life. I do think he probably saw just how dysfunctional his family is and hopefully he at least won't be blind to it anymore. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by 11minny Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 am

cheriee wrote:
11minny wrote:
cheriee wrote:

All jmo

All JMO.

This is how I have felt all along.  Madi will be fine.  She is a strong woman with a great support system.  Peter, on the other hand, could really struggle, as he doesn't have the support from his family that he could use.  I can't imagine, at least if it were me, ever returning and looking his mother in the eye anytime soon.

Sadly, IMO the toxic dynamic in the Weber family pretty much ensures that he'll return to the nest soon. I think if his father or brother had stood up for him it'd be a different story, but with Barb in complete control I suspect it won't be long until she's celebrating his return. But don't let any happy family pics fool you. IMO even if they're back to pretending everything is okay I don't think Peter is ever going to forget what Barb did. I honestly hope he visits a therapist and gets some help ASAP. He's stagnated in life, and is surrounded by people who don't want him to change (and change is the thing he needs most IMO). It's really until he decides to put up clear boundaries with his mother and move out that this is just going to be an ongoing cycle in his life. I do think he probably saw just how dysfunctional his family is and hopefully he at least won't be blind to it anymore. All JMO.

Well said and I completely agree.

11minny

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:59 am

I think it's funny people forgot his friends Instagram stories mocking the women on the show and want him going back to that group of friends?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:03 am

At least we have an answer despite another unfortunate ending. hmmm I keep recalling that the show left in Peter's "I don't know if I'm ready for this" comment after he saw Hannah B., seemingly portending that the season wasn't going to end in a long-term relationship. Now I wonder if spoilers were so hard to come by because TPTB and even HA knew the ending was going to change in short order.

I wish the absolute best to all parties, hoping that they get the happy ending they want someday.  PINKHEART Now, can TPTB get back on the track of trying to forge a lasting love story, please?

Last edited by veg_out on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:09 am

mercieme wrote:Seems a lot of folks on the forum were hoping for their relationship to last. But IMO this is the best outcome as these two never seemed compatible to me even as someone that didn’t watch the show but just followed on SM. I wish all parties the very best and especially for Peter to rediscover himself as IMO he has a long journey ahead before he can fully give himself to any woman.

Gee, I must be reading a different forum than you. I have seen a lot of posts from people that didn't think it would work out because of their differences. However, those people (me included) saw that there were feelings between them that needed to be explored to find out for sure. No one wants to go through life with the "what if" in their mind. Not fair to these 2 nor any future partners they would have.

And, now in other posts, I see people ragging on Madi about coming on to be a Christian influencer. THEY ALL DO IT!!! Hannah Ann did as did every other girl on this season. Even the duly loved Hannah B did. Rachel did. Becca did. And, the list goes on. To find someone that actually came on for love you need to go back to pre-SM days. The guys are just as bad. That is the nature of this program anymore.

The saddest thing that happened this week... is Barb going off on Madi. This relationship was never going to go anywhere and she blew up her family by not keeping her feelings to herself on national TV. I have no respect for any parent that acts like that whether it be on national TV or not. Those conversations need to be kept private.

What I hope for in the future... this show to tank. It is no longer the show I grew to love. At this point I don't even care about Clare's season nor do I care about BIP. Guess I'm going to have a summer of freedom not watching this franchise of dumpster fires.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:57 am

I think this show should end too.  The producers make it impossible to have a relationship without bucking them and Peter is too close to them.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:09 am

HavaDrPepper wrote:
Gee, I must be reading a different forum than you.  I have seen a lot of posts from people that didn't think it would work out because of their differences.  However, those people (me included) saw that there were feelings between them that needed to be explored to find out for sure.  No one wants to go through life with the "what if" in their mind.  Not fair to these 2 nor any future partners they would have.

And, now in other posts, I see people ragging on Madi about coming on to be a Christian influencer.  THEY ALL DO IT!!!  Hannah Ann did as did every other girl on this season. Even the duly loved Hannah B did. Rachel did. Becca did. And, the list goes on.  To find someone that actually came on for love you need to go back to pre-SM days.  The guys are just as bad.  That is the nature of this program anymore.

The saddest thing that happened this week... is Barb going off on Madi.  This relationship was never going to go anywhere and she blew up her family by not keeping her feelings to herself on national TV.  I have no respect for any parent that acts like that whether it be on national TV or not.  Those conversations need to be kept private.

What I hope for in the future... this show to tank.  It is no longer the show I grew to love.  At this point I don't even care about Clare's season nor do I care about BIP.  Guess I'm going to have a summer of freedom not watching this franchise of dumpster fires.

IMO  

Well said!  :claphands A lot of us had been saying that Peter and Madi had A LOT of obstacles to overcome but that we could see love there and that they should at least explore a relationship. Maybe it would work, maybe it would fail. I know I also thought that even if they weren't romantically involved, they'd maintain a friendship because there was a connection between them.

And very true about people becoming influencers. Since the shift in social media, that's just the nature of this program. I am not under any delusion that people are only looking for love when they sign up for The Bachelor. It seems hypocritical that there's people concerned with only certain people getting representation, as though this isn't just a pretty standard thing that happens. It's also not as though any of this has been hidden. I think they're all going to take up the opportunities they get offered.

It was indeed incredibly sad to see the way Barb behaved. Even more sad that there's people defending her actions and making Barb out to be the victim. Any fledgling relationship between Peter and Madi really was doomed when Barb decided to publicly stick the knife into her own son. That anyone can applaud that or blame the victims for an abuser's actions is disgusting to me. I hope that family gets the help they need.

This show has been awful for a while, but they've really outdid themselves in terms of manipulation and malice. I won't be watching. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 64 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 59 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+78
Diana
just me
Amethyst
Dirty Street Pie
emiusacska