SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - June 14 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - June 14 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - June 14 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by frajosfanofchris Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 pm

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - June 14 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - June 14 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by quietpal Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:01 pm

This whole episode was a waste. no

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:05 pm

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:11 pm

This is like the most boring season. I am so sick of this fake, producer driven drama. They are just making the show worse.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:05 am

I noticed that they had a promo saying that they were still taking contestant applications for Michelle's season, but nothing about the Bachelor. Are they not casting for that at all right now?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:15 am

Sprite wrote:This is like the most boring season. I am so sick of this fake, producer driven drama. They are just making the show worse.

Agree. I'm having a hard time getting into it and I like Katie. Seems like just more of the same old same old.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:14 am

I didn't see the entire show, but will comment on what I did see.

Mike P. -- I liked him better than I thought I would pre-season. He has his beliefs, but so far he's not obnoxious about them. He made his performance onstage more about Katie than about him.

Connor B. -- I liked his song, and thought it showed a lot of wit and humor. His kissing skills still look suspect to me.  giggling

Greg -- Katie likes him a whole lot, and was somewhat flirty with him. It became obvious when he was selected for this particular one-on-one when they bonded over both losing their fathers along with their mutual interest in fishing. Yet I ended up feeling more of a friendship vibe between them as opposed to a romantic vibe. Friendship isn't a bad way to start off, though.

Karl -- The drama has to come from somewhere, and Karl is the one bringing it. I think the producers saw him coming. I noticed that he went from implying that a few of the men in the house were not there for the right reasons, to whittling it down to one man.

Aaron and Cody -- I'm not sure what Aaron's beef is with Cody, but when they were talking with one another, it seemed to me that Cody knew *exactly* what Aaron's objections were about. I'm not a fan of tattling, so unless Cody did something really egregious, I think Aaron should have left well enough alone.

ETA: If I were in Cody's shoes, the first thing out of my mouth with Katie would have been to ask what Aaron's *specific* complaint was -- not just a general "not here for the right reasons," but what exactly makes him not suitable for Katie or for the show. I was surprised that Cody didn't inquire too closely, which leads me to believe that Cody had a pretty good idea of what Aaron was talking about, and didn't want to go there.

Katie -- The "some of you are not here for the right reasons" talk seemed a bit premature for week two. While the men seem to like Katie well enough, I'm not sensing the level of interest that leads like Tayshia and Jojo got. While I don't mind a certain level of formula, the episode tonight seemed a bit blah.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:32 am

[quote="Sprite"]This is like the most boring season. I am so sick of this fake, producer driven drama. They are just making the show worse.[/quote

I feel the same, that's why I haven't watched a season since Hannah B, but I thought I'd try and watch some of this one.  And you're so right, it's boring!  I think the lack of travel makes a huge difference.  I didn't watch any of Matt's season so I know nothing about Katie, but I'm getting a bit of Jillian vibe from her.  

Not sure if the old standards apply but none of the spoiled F3 on the M & G got a full body limo exit.  Greg was the closest, but the music they played with him was IMO, very ominous.  Greg seems so low energy for Katie.  Maybe I'm just too old, but, watching them walk out to go fishing was just cringey, and setting up the tent..... he's not very masculine (but hey, he got new boots!) and Katie seems like she'd run circles around him.  It's apparent Katie likes him, the edit is making sure we know that, so I'm doubtful he's her F1.  Actually I'm getting a Des and Brookes vibe with those two.  

Andrew seems like a nice young man.  I doubt he's there for Katie, I think they're grooming him for the next Bachelor.  Don't have much of an opinion on Justin yet, other than the kiss he laid on her night one was messy, and too aggressive.  Connor B creeps me out.  Wonder what lies TP told Mike P to get him on the show?  I thought he handled himself great for the position he was in, and what he wrote to Katie was sweet.  

I don't know the story with Blake, who he is, and why he comes on the show late, but I'm interested in seeing their chemistry.  Of the F4 in the preview, Blake's interactions with Katie are the most hidden, so I'm curious to see their dynamic.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:04 pm

After this epi, the producers are showing Katie’s interest in Greg & Andrew. I don’t see much romantically with anyone else at this point. I also felt that Greg’s dad’s death wasn’t news to Katie. The vibe of the date was to bond over this & I felt she was setting the table for him to divulge the info. I also got the impression Andrew knows about her dad’s death, as he commented on their 1:1 time that her dad would be proud of her (my paraphrase).
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:40 pm

jojo47 wrote:After this epi, the producers are showing Katie’s interest in Greg & Andrew. I don’t see much romantically with anyone else at this point. I also felt that Greg’s dad’s death wasn’t news to Katie. The vibe of the date was to bond over this & I felt she was setting the table for him to divulge the info. I also got the impression Andrew knows about her dad’s death, as he commented on their 1:1 time that her dad would be proud of her (my paraphrase).

Let’s not forget that we see only few minutes out of longer dates. Prods pick the parts that fit their script. Katie made a recent interview shared on media thread and she said she didn’t know about Greg’s dad death until the evening. My vibes are Katie was struggling with him to share or even speak up. She was Teary but he didn’t hug her? It was painful to watch. I think she was indeed infatuated with him the same way Des was with Brooks, Ali with Frank, Ashley with the Utah Ahole, Rachel with Peter, DeAnna with Graham, etc etc

Greg was so out of his element. Instead of talking about nature, fishing… he talked about his new boots? rofl

IMO since she said Greg reminded her ex, she got infatuated and had mixed feelings. A second chance at maybe? For me, his dad (which was probably a sad memory for him indeed) was a bit too late and reversed. The same way he spoke about family and tons of nephews, it felt to me over the top to win the girl. Make a girl awe on babies family mommy and cry on a sad event is IMO manipulative. I just can’t pinpoint why I feel him fake and just have bad jojo about him. I can’t help it.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:18 pm

Ratings:

In series-premiere news was “Celebrity Dating Game”, hosted by Zoey Deschanel and Michael Bolton, at a modest 2.64 million viewers (#2) and a 0.4 rating/3 share in adults 18-49 (#1) at 10 p.m. While the network will tout a time period victory in the demo, keep in mind it dipped by 50 percent in rating from the 0.8 for lead-in “The Bachelorette.” “The Bachelorette” won the Monday 8-10 p.m. in total viewers with 3.16 million.

https://programminginsider.com/monday-ratings-soft-starts-for-abcs-celebrity-dating-game-and-the-cw-drama-the-republic-of-sarah/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:31 pm

@bluwavz Before giving up, I watched about 8 minutes of it and couldn't decide if it was for real or a parody.  I like Zooey, but felt even she was struggling to get through.  On the other hand, I agree that Michael Bolton is still in fine voice.  I thought Hannah handled herself well, but the guys were goofy.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - June 14 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
Doats
suzq
Sprite
BuckeyeGal
quietpal