SELECT CONTENT

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

Post by LaureanT Mon May 28, 2012 5:54 am

Teenamarie wrote:
realityfan26 wrote:
atem wrote:Yeah, but I could have sworn the 1st epi was at 4 MT last time.

I only saw the end, but it was lovely what they did!
It was nice, but IMO - a little overdone. I like having some expanse of grass instead of it being chopped up by fountains and "areas".

He probably has to include several different features in order to be able to convey various ideas and people can take what they like. His ideas are easier to implement than some of the other shows like yard crashers IMO. I personally love the fountain and what he did to spruce up the patio--made a huge difference. He is really good at this. He is so good with the homeowners too.

I agree Teenamarie! I also like how Chris explains his reasons for doing a particular task. He makes it sounds so easy and the humor that he adds with it all makes me smile! :cutesmile!: Chris is a good guy & I want to be supportive of his show. The show is fantastic! I enjoy working in my own yard and his show is perfect for me.

"Create the situation you want." Roberto Martinez, Jr. heartbeat
LaureanT
LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

Post by albean99 Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 am

Peyton Lambton ‏@PeytonJWright
Go grab the newest issue of @usweekly and check me out as one of the new Top Cops for the Fashion Police section in the back! So exciting!!

Good for Peyton. I'm sure it's a fun gig. yes

I think the yard makeovers will tend to be more than most people would want because a lawn isn't going to be exciting enough to be the prime focus on a landscaping show. Even still, I think Chris listened to what the clients want and gave it to them.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Mon May 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Reporting back to all my friends here who sent us good luck for our casting audition this morning :Smiley:

It was a very fun experience and the casting producer was very nice. She has been on Cape Cod for a couple of weeks as they are completing the filming of Season 1. I don't want to say too much in case they don't want too many details out there but I will tell all of you that you will get your wish for a great episode as the Season 1 finale :giggle:

I am less optimistic that we will get cast after this morning's taping. The real issue that may knock us out of the box is the small size of our neighborhood, the challenge of getting a dumpster in place and the need for parking for the crew. Our house is on a private dirt (though decent sized) road so that made her nervous. We assured her that we have good relations with our neighbors (which we do), that I was President of the road association and that we own a piece of the road and, therefore, could shut it down for filming if need be. Plus we found two spots for the dumpster. So let's hope that doesn't cause us to be eliminated.

The taping was fun. She coached us to be enthusiastic and outgoing as anyone who isn't would not get cast. She told us to interact as we normally would as a family and I think we did a good job with that. She probably taped us for a total of 5 to 10 minutes including our pleading to Chris and Peyton to give us a nice backyard. Later on she noted that we would need to have a party that Peyton could direct for us at the end. We offered that a college send off for our son or a graduation party would work for us.

She explained that the filming takes six days (Monday through Saturday). Some days we would need to be there for five hours of filming and some days they'd only need us to be there for an hour. First day is the 'before' filming with demo at the end. Then several days of construction with the reveal on Saturday.

They still don't have the 'green light' (her words) on the second season yet so all could go down the tubes if they don't get picked up for another season. So keep your fingers crossed.

She also cautioned us that besides telling the design team what our style was and what three things we really wanted in the design, we would have no control over what they did. That's a bit scary but she said people are almost always happy with the result. Got the sense that the design team in California did most of the design work (though I still hope Chris has a large hand in the final design as he understands the Cape and its charm).

So that's it so far. We were told it will be at least four weeks before they will know about the second season. Then I think things could go quickly.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon May 28, 2012 5:30 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the 2nd season and of course your yard being picked, luvstx. I remember when Dave Romstead's first show got picked up for the remaining season and how pumped he was. Even though he was the 1st Design Star, they only guaranteed a minimum number of episodes. I wonder how many Going Yard is getting for season 1? I really think HGTV needs new shows instead of showing House Hunters so much. :Nod:

They just picked up a show from DYI that I'm becoming obsessed with, Rehab Addict. Sounds like a different kind of show doesn't it? giggling

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal Mon May 28, 2012 6:20 pm

luvstx wrote:

It was a very fun experience and the casting producer was very nice. She has been on Cape Cod for a couple of weeks as they are completing the filming of Season 1. I don't want to say too much in case they don't want too many details out there but I will tell all of you that you will get your wish for a great episode as the Season 1 finale :giggle:

There is a honeymoon baby on the way? :babies:

Good luck luvstx!

As with so many things, there is the story told, and there is the story itself.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Cannot wait for finale!! Good luck luvstx!! jumping

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm

BlondieGal wrote:
luvstx wrote:

Good luck luvstx!

Oh no.....didn't mean THAT! :shock:

Think Isle of Palms goes to Cape Cod instead....
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Mon May 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks for sharing - it's fascinating to learn some of the behind-the-scenes info. It also sounds like you'd be great to work with so hopefully that will sway them too!

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Mon May 28, 2012 8:48 pm

RealityEscape wrote:Thanks for sharing - it's fascinating to learn some of the behind-the-scenes info. It also sounds like you'd be great to work with so hopefully that will sway them too!

Thanks RE! We did try to be friendly :)
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by jewels2312 Wed May 30, 2012 12:05 pm

luvstx wrote:
BlondieGal wrote:
luvstx wrote:

Good luck luvstx!

Oh no.....didn't mean THAT! :shock:

Think Isle of Palms goes to Cape Cod instead....

This is an article that mentioned they were fixing their own private yard and doing a post nup bash on the cape for those guests who were not able to attend their wedding in SC which will be taped (if it hasn't been taped already) and be included in their show or a segment of the show's finale for season 1:
https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbostonherald.com%2Ftrack%2Finside_track%2Fview%2F20220511chris__peytons_yard_sale&h=KAQEKmZu_

I think that final episode should draw big ratings and hopefully get the netword to keep the show alive for a second season. Hope you'll be a part of it Luvstx! Thanks for your description of the inner workings of Goin Yard. I don't know how I'd feel about having limited input into my backyard transformation or any tranformation that involved my house. Just 3 things is not enough imho. I guess as you are the ''guests'' of the show you cross your fingers and hope for the best and put your trust in Chris and his design team to come up with a transformation that suits your family's tastes and needs. I imagine that's how they want to do it because the show is looking for that big surprise look from the homeowners for the big moment when the transformation is revealed. That's what I find difficult to watch on some of these makeover shows. The families burst into tears and get all emotional and are all excited but you wonder sometimes if it's how they would have preferred it done, and if they feel it's really a hit or a miss. But from all the comments I've read so far from viewers who coment on Chris' FB and twitter, he listens to what the homeowners want which is crucial imo if you want a satisfied customer, and explains why he does such and such. But depending on how 'messed up' the backyard was in the first place, anything that they do to it is an improvement over what it looked like before even if it's not exactly what the owners wanted. That first yard that they picked to remake was just a disaster and dangerous. I don't know if they are all like that, or how messsed up your yard has to be to be picked for the show? Like you mentioned, if the family has a nice ''story'' to tell also and are a lot of fun on camera, I suppose that helps win the producers over too. :fingersarecrossed for you Luvstx! Mostly I think it's wonderful that it's FREE for those families and HGTV is footing the bill! High clap

Hope the show gets picked up again for another season and we get to watch outside the U.S.A.

jewels2312

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Jewels...you were right on the money with the news of the post nuptual party. And it should be awesome as the weather last Saturday was a 10!

Yes, we are nervous about what they may do with our yard. But we haven't signed anything yet so we figure we'll wait to learn more about the process before freaking out. We are planning to do something in that space anyway...so if we hate any or all of it, we can just start over. Big question is how many trees they will take down as those can't be replaced quickly :)
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed May 30, 2012 1:47 pm

luvstx wrote:Jewels...you were right on the money with the news of the post nuptual party. And it should be awesome as the weather last Saturday was a 10!

Yes, we are nervous about what they may do with our yard. But we haven't signed anything yet so we figure we'll wait to learn more about the process before freaking out. We are planning to do something in that space anyway...so if we hate any or all of it, we can just start over. Big question is how many trees they will take down as those can't be replaced quickly :)

They seem to be good about saving the trees so hopefully you'd be able to get them back if they don't fit the scheme. I noticed that they moved one last week.

We're more about simple landscaping without a lot of maintenance required but noticed that they design it to fit the people/situation so don't think it would be so bad.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris & Peyton Lambton - Bachelorette - Bachelor - BP - Discussion

+100
Idlemess
Enchantress
Stacia620
Judiful
leselihau