Reality Steve - Thread #2

Page 80 of 84 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reality Steve - Thread #2 - Page 80 Empty Re: Reality Steve - Thread #2

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Alexxxx wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Funny, but when I read the spoilers for the first time after Monday's episode and found out that Ben was a possible F1, and then read some comments about him from posters, I couldn't help but think that the only reason people even liked him was because of spoilers. He's hardly gotten any face time, no dates or conversations with Ash, and yet people love him.... I just don't get that. 😕 He didn't even crack my top 10 list, let alone top 2!

Ben was my potential fave long before the spoilers or CH's 4 to watch. As soon as I read about him and saw pics, I thought he was adorable and love the fact that he is a wine maker. The fact his winery is less than an hour drive from me helps too. I want him to win so Ashley moves here and can be my dentist! :laughingoutlou Hoping once we get to know him he will live up to my initial good impression.

Haha! That's as good a reason as any! :awesome:

Too funny! When Ed won, I consoled myself with the fact that I'd hopefully run into Jillian in Chi and to this day, it's never happened! I've left places and gotten texts 5 minutes later that she had just come in. rotfl

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:17 pm

He has a new column posted today with reader emails etc... I have not had a chance to read it yet.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:35 pm

IrishGal wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Funny, but when I read the spoilers for the first time after Monday's episode and found out that Ben was a possible F1, and then read some comments about him from posters, I couldn't help but think that the only reason people even liked him was because of spoilers. He's hardly gotten any face time, no dates or conversations with Ash, and yet people love him.... I just don't get that. 😕 He didn't even crack my top 10 list, let alone top 2!

Ben was my potential fave long before the spoilers or CH's 4 to watch. As soon as I read about him and saw pics, I thought he was adorable and love the fact that he is a wine maker. The fact his winery is less than an hour drive from me helps too. I want him to win so Ashley moves here and can be my dentist! :laughingoutlou Hoping once we get to know him he will live up to my initial good impression.

Haha! That's as good a reason as any! :awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:33 pm

IrishGal wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Ben was my potential fave long before the spoilers or CH's 4 to watch. As soon as I read about him and saw pics, I thought he was adorable and love the fact that he is a wine maker. The fact his winery is less than an hour drive from me helps too. I want him to win so Ashley moves here and can be my dentist! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hoping once we get to know him he will live up to my initial good impression.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Jeepers wrote:It was the result of acute respiratory failure

ARDS

Bingo! The pneumonia was a complication of the ARDS. So sorry for him and his loved ones, horrible illness.

I had written the following in a PM and it was suggested that I add to my post...so

"And the point you make is SOOOO valid. Healthy adults contract illnesses all the time that can go bad fast and need to be addressed. The problem is we all think we will just be ok, and wait it out. Most of us will be ok. But some of us won't.
ARD has many causes--basically it effects lung functioning abruptly and compromises not only your respirations but also eventually all your other major organ systems, as fresh oxygen is needed for all your organ systems to function correctly. He may have had some kind of trauma--chemical, mechanical or physical to actually develop ARD. Ironically, pneumonia can also cause it, but not as common as perhaps being exposed to toxic chemicals/fumes or a physical trauma(as in accident). It has a 40-50% mortality rate--more deaths per year than breast cancer. Sad illness."
Just wanted to add--many can and do recover and have very little residual effect after a year. So there is a positive side, too!!

Last edited by Kashathediva on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm

northernviewer wrote:

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 pm

A few years back I developed pneumonia following a bad bout of bronchitis. It was a time of stress with work and family illness and I had let myself be run down. It's can be a bad illness. Luckily I was otherwise healthy and not hit so hard.
I work in health care and you often see older folks succumb to this as a final illness. It is much less likely in a younger, other wise healthy person.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:22 pm

It was the result of acute respiratory failure

ARDS

Last edited by Jeepers on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Larel wrote:
anders wrote:We need to sticky that pic - wait I think I have it somewhere.....

Omg freaky, JP & him could be brothers. WOW :shock:

How did he die from pneumonia? He looks young & healthy.

Pure speculation: but generally, people who die from pneumonia, have an extenuating disease/illness and then develop pneumonia due to their weakened condition and thus succumb to pneumonia. It is not as common to contract pneumonia as the primary and initial illness and then succumb to it, but is possible.
There maybe more to the story than what we know.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:19 pm

He died as the result of significant complications related to the pneumonia

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Larel wrote:

It does seem a little unusual for a young man to die from pneumonia. I have heard it said that, "Pneumonia is an old man's friend."
Maybe Kasha or one of our other medical people can help us out here.
I know that sometimes even young, otherwise healthy adults die occasionally of the flu. hmmm

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Larel Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Larel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 84 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Reality Steve - Thread #2

+93
MaggieMae
clueless