SELECT CONTENT

Ben Patton - Ready For Love - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Patton - Ready For Love - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Ben Patton - Ready For Love - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 pm

stg73 wrote:lexforlife he did say he was single & taking a break from dating. I also think its odd she has taken to the tabloids.

stg73, I hope Ben did not approve this mini tabloid media blitzkrieg. Even though sometimes I question his thought process (and I am critical of him for it), I do like Ben. I get the impression he is just a nice guy. I want to root for him but sometimes he makes it challenging for me.

Back to top Go down

Ben Patton - Ready For Love - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Ben Patton - Ready For Love - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

MatchMaker wrote:
Oh Ben,  look for someone like Allie.  You're now in a relationship that you will always be hoping that it will get better, but it won't.  Or at least have someone like me prescreen your FB choices.  I'm starting to think that you really aren't ready to settle down yet and start a family.

MatchMaker, I am no Allie fan, but for her sake I hoped that she wouldn't end up with Ben, because I felt some of the people close to Ben will not respect her. That does real damage to one's psyche. Remember the introduction to Ben's cheeky friends, who displayed intellectual superiority? "Light or sound which is faster?" We didn't get to see whether Allie responded or not, but I have a feeling she didn't know the answer so she looked uncomfortable. Ben's sister's assessment of Allie wasn't particularly positive, based on Allie's inability to articulate what she had in common with Ben. I got the feeling his sister thought Ben was out of Allie's league (JMHO).

Last edited by alondon on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by stg73 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 pm

When I watched how the one friend in particular was just slamming her with questions, I could not believe Ben did not step in. That will be a problem going forward if he doesn't choose I girl on the same intellectual level. I think he could get along great with an average woman, as long as the friends & family didn't treat her the way the friend did.  Opposites attract, and sometimes (IMO)the balance is good in a relationship.

stg73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 pm

stg73, I was more concerned about his sister. She came across to me as one who has an overbearing streak. Her comments led me to believe that Ben would never choose Allie. Is his sister older or younger? Based on the show only, I don't think Ben will vigorously defend his woman. It doesn't seem to be his nature, he doesn't have a confrontational bone in him (JMHO). He asked Kari several times to come on the show and stood by when she was mercilessly torn to shreds. He pled ignorance ("I didn't know what was going on"), weak in my opinion. He needs a smart Kate Beckinsale look alike who can hold her own and is willing to be a domestic goddess (a homemaker to be precise).

Last edited by alondon on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by stg73 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:53 pm

True alondon, the sister was very overbearing! And honestly, it seems a little strange his sister gives him advice on the women he dates. You are probably correct on the confrontation part too!

stg73

Back to top Go down

Post by stg73 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 pm

alondon sister is younger. I believe by several years. Appears he was in the middle east already when she was going off to college. So that makes it really strange.

stg73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 pm

stg73 wrote:alondon sister is younger. I believe by several years. Appears he was in the middle east already when she was going off to college. So that makes it really strange.

So she must be in her twenties and married as her surname is Fletcher?

Back to top Go down

Post by stg73 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:17 pm

In twenties yes! Not married. The man on RFL I think was his step father. I think he said in an interview that his Mom had him & his brother when she remarried. Appears Mom's last name is Fletcher.

stg73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:05 pm

stg73, thanks for the clarification. So the stepdad is Mr. Fletcher. I thought he was Egyptian, as Ben mentioned that he grew up in Cairo. His mother actually reminds me of an Iranian lady named Soraya we knew when I was growing up in London. She was from the ruling class that fled Iran when the Shah was overthrown. Very nice lady with extremely flamboyant taste. The quantity of "bling" she wore daily amazed us all.

Back to top Go down

Post by stg73 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 pm

alondon, welcome! They didn't make it very clear on the show that he was the stepfather! I wonder @ what point they moved to the states?

stg73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 pm

Well, I see Ben has responded to klisack on twitter that the wetpaint article is false.

Kimberly Lisack@KLisack 
@Ben_Patton True or false? http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/2013-06-20-bachelors-jamie-otis-dating-ready …

Ben Patton@Ben_Patton 
@KLisack false

Is this Jamie girl making it up? That's crazy! What type of magazine is Life&Style, do they verify their sources?

Back to top Go down

Post by stg73 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:24 am

Interesting. Funny in the link off of Jamie's twitter she even says they are going to hang out @ the end of the month. I would say if she is making this up, she is crazy. But surely if she did not speak to them she would not have retweeted the article.

stg73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Patton - Ready For Love - Spoilers - Discussion

+37
klisack
Lucas15
MatchMaker
myjewel
mkaslnjh