SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by ninu Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I have a feeling if she didn't play along properly they would've butchered her edit as well as Roberto's and they wouldn't've come out being the total fan faves they are now.

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 158291300-ashley-hebert-and-j-p-rosenbaum-the-second-gettyimages-2Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 Sign310
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by Alanna Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 pm

ninu wrote:I have a feeling if she didn't play along properly they would've butchered her edit as well as Roberto's and they wouldn't've come out being the total fan faves they are now.

I agree but I also think that TPTB know how rare it is to have a success story so they had an incentive to make them as beloved as they are now. For every 5 Jake and Vienna debacles they have, they need at least one A&R to keep the romantics coming back. That and they're getting a wedding out of these two. A favorable edit for A&R did everyone a favor the way I see it.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Alanna wrote:
ninu wrote:I have a feeling if she didn't play along properly they would've butchered her edit as well as Roberto's and they wouldn't've come out being the total fan faves they are now.

I agree but I also think that TPTB know how rare it is to have a success story so they had an incentive to make them as beloved as they are now. For every 5 Jake and Vienna debacles they have, they need at least one A&R to keep the romantics coming back. That and they're getting a wedding out of these two. A favorable edit for A&R did everyone a favor the way I see it.

I also think some of the B'ette's so far have been a bit smarter than the guys and can play MF's game and still keep their goals for what they want out of this in sight. Women are so much better at getting what they want and making you think it was your idea. That's what I do. :jumpsmile:
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:39 am

59hawaii wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
Alanna wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:

I'm sorta worried about that too. For some reason, I feel like this season will be mostly just a lark for Ashley, like a last hurrah before she settles down seriously into her new career. Nothing wrong with that, in fact that's what I hope she's doing. Call me a love pessimist, but I really hope she doesn't get her professional train off track after all she's already invested in it. But, what do I know? Maybe Ashley will be the next Trista?! Either way, it will be fun to watch her playing with all her new boyfriends. laughlaughlaugh

You know what's nice? When you post and save my fingers all the extra effort! :winkie:

It would be so fun to see a lovestory or anything even in the same neighborhood as Trista/Ryan or Ali/Roberto but I don't think Ashley is looking for that. So unless she gets really, really lucky and Mr. Ashley shows up and she recognizes him, I think it's going to be another Meredith- lots of heat, fun, but nothing lasting more than 6 months at the end. At the very least, she'll be so fun to watch and those boys are cute!

She can have fun with the boys and maybe pay off some student loans in the end?

Ashley sounds determined and focused on her career, as she should be. I would think if she finds someone at this point in her career, it's because it fits into her career plan - I don't see her deviating from her plan too much - unless she's struck by a bolt of lightning. :laughingoutlou

If Ashley is planning on starting a dental career in the next year in an already established area, she would need $$$ to buy out a dental practice. Most established areas have all the dentists that are needed to support their population and opening a new practice would be risky. It's far better to buy an existing practice complete with a patient list from a retiring dentist.

I suppose this is why I was really confused when they picked Ashley for TB. Seems the problem she had with Brad was that she was focused on her career (duh, people don't go to dentistry school for fun). So I agree with what everyone's saying in that I can't see Ashley getting too serious about someone...but I think it'll be a fun ride.
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:55 am

Ashley had this to say in her exit interview after she was let go on The Bachelor:

Question: Obviously, you didn’t know that Brad was the Bachelor when you were going, but once you got to know him and what he was all about, did you ever think that the fact that you two are in very different places in your life would affect you getting the final rose

Ashley Hebert
: You know, it’s really , because a lot of people think that we were in very different places, but in my mind we were actually right at the same spot. I think he thought my career was just beginning and for me, the hard part was – which was school, was coming to a close. So I think that I never really thought of us as being in different parts – different points in our life. I thought we were right on track, so in my mind I’ll never – I’ll never quite agree with that, but I think we just wanted different things out of life.

Question: So can we talk a little bit? You say you’re ready, so can you talk a little bit, what qualities you’re looking for in a husband?

Ashley Hebert: Oh gosh, you know, as I’ve gotten older I feel like it’s changed. I used to want, you know, a hot ticket; somebody that’s
really confident and successful, but now I can honestly say the only thing – the only requirement I have is just that he be a good person. I know that’s really cliché. But somebody that’s made this grand gesture that shows, like great character, you know, sacrificing something. I just want a good man to share my life with; that’s it. And it wouldn’t hurt if he was you know easy on the eye. And maybe somebody that’s going to be able to kind of keep up with me, right? I mean, so, those are my three requirements.

I think what it all comes down to is Ashley wasn't into Brad as it appeared at the time he was into her. So maybe she does want to have it all the career, husband, and family. She just didn't picture Brad as being that "special" someone. Now this is my opinion about the way Ashley viewed the situation. Plus, Brad was going to choose Emily so Ashley was smart enough I think to pull away those last few weeks.

Now that she is the lead I expect those walls to be down and her not as guarded. When Ali was the Bachelorette she allowed the process to work. Ashley I hope can do the same.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 am

Ali was just lucky that Roberto was there. Ali even fought her attraction to Roberto because she was afraid he wouldn't/couldn't love her back. She also intended to bring Frank to F2 - would she have picked the guy that she knew would love her back (Frank) or take a risk and pick the guy who would love her back (Roberto)

In the end, it comes down to why the lead is really there - if Ashley is just there to collect a huge pay cheque she'll pick the easy out, if she's there for love (yeah right) then she'll pick the guy that she thinks can love her back.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by ninu Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:45 am

Ali wanted to take Frank to F2 because she knew he would love her back?? hmmm

Call me crazy but wasn't she saying their relationship scared them every episode and she had to reassure him constantly?

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 158291300-ashley-hebert-and-j-p-rosenbaum-the-second-gettyimages-2Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 Sign310
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

Yes, you're right - I guess what i'm saying is that the typical F2 are the sure thing, and the risk - in this case Chris would've been the sure thing and Roberto the risk.

Had Frank been in it, without the g/f at home, he likely would've been the sure thing. We know he wanted to leave early on, and we know that he had the hots for Ali. Had it played out differently, I think he easily would've been portrayed as the sure thing vs. the risk - and I'm sure Roberto still would've won out.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 am

Same thing applys with Em and Chantal. Brad could have easily picked Chantal who had constantly told him how she was feeling (safety) over Emily who was a mother who was cautious and reserved with her feelings (risk)
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi all..........Thanks Carrie for the invite!

I have been keeping charts on the bach/ette for a long time now and will gladly share when I get them all compiled..........maybe through the seasons, we will actually find a pattern for more seasons to come.

Look forward to sharing here........ Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Coastal wrote:Hi all..........Thanks Carrie for the invite!

I have been keeping charts on the bach/ette for a long time now and will gladly share when I get them all compiled..........maybe through the seasons, we will actually find a pattern for more seasons to come.

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 687187126 Coastal! Glad you joined this site. I love the charts you do! Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 2192154215
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Love_Me wrote:
Coastal wrote:Hi all..........Thanks Carrie for the invite!

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 687187126 Coastal! Glad you joined this site. I love the charts you do! Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 3 2192154215

Thanks for the welcome.........thanks again to Carrie for the site info! :happy dance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

+60
nutty1
Kelad9
agentcurls
northernviewer
Bronwyn