SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 4 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by nd4reality Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 am

agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
misticia wrote:
nd4reality wrote:My question is  - why is CH talking about learning from our past mistakes after 4 seemily perfect HTDs ? Isn't he jumping the gun a bit.

And that bit about the wrong guys was a VO from Des while crying at some point. Hopefully she got herself a bit ole clue.

I remember also a PI in a preview where she said crying "I deserve to be loved".

I think so.

It is a bit hard for me to process how she did seem to clue into her dilema at one point and then throw it all out of the window soon thereafter.
To the point of being engaged as per the spoilers. I can somehow wrap my head around her  opening heart  to the other guys far more than her repeating her broken pattern of relationships.

Is it really all that broken with Brooks? My guess is TPTB are trying to make it worse than it actually is.

Did that scene look as though they were deeply in love and contemplating a happy future to you ? Broken.

Where you see broken, I see thoughtfulness. And lots of emotion which shows both parties care a great deal.

I know you want it to be Drew in the end, but do you think after  the I love Brooks declarations, the emotional scene with Brooks, the " I just wanna go home" PI, and the tears with CH that she's going to have some life-altering LCD with Drew to change her mind? Do you think that's enough time to make the switch?

Actually I don't want Drew in the end. I want my hubby at the end of this show giggling  who BTW cannot for the life of him understand the "blogs" as he calls it laugh out loud. At least this season he isn't giving me a hard time.
If Des wants Brooks or Drew or Chris - that is her decision not mine.
I see Des a mess in the previews of the next episode, I see brooks upset and in the back of a limo. They didn't just have a thoughtful discussion because they cared for each other. My husband and I have thoughtful discussions which get heated and at times there are tears. But he never in the back (or driving) a  vehicle away from me - not once. We have been married 19 years and dated for 8 years prior.

I see a broken relationship and Des herself said she falls in love with the "wrong guys". Her words not mine. If she picks Brooks in the end then she is perpetuating her own self-admitted cycle.

And for the record  (and I've said this over and over again), her actions don't match the words she speaks about these guys. Her heart can recognise what has been there for her all along. Yes she can change her mind if that is what she has decided.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Nativenewyorker Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

nd4reality wrote:My question is  - why is CH talking about learning from our past mistakes after 4 seemily perfect HTDs ? Isn't he jumping the gun a bit.

And that bit about the wrong guys was a VO from Des while crying at some point. Hopefully she got herself a bit ole clue.

nd,

I think that CH is saying that we should learn from past mistakes, but that this saying is a cliché. That would explain why Des appears to be once again going after the guy who is emotionally unavailable. Drew, Chris and Zak put it all out there. No holding back. But Brooks has been hemming and hawing and hesitating. The questions his family asked him will be the key as to how this all plays out. As others have said, they were left in there for a reason.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:33 am

nd4reality wrote:
SueSt wrote:

Not sure I follow you ND... can you clarify?

Sorry I wasn't clear.  CH mentioned that thing about learning from our past mistakes etc. in his updates after the HTD. But everything seemed pretty peachy during the HTD at least what was shown to us. So what made him come up with leading us down that pathway ? He is leading us into the next episode.
Des alluded to the fact that that episode had something missing in the edit as well.
But the edit of the episode did not really give us enough doubt unless we saw the previews. IKD why.

Normally when someone leaves we know it and the problems well in advance. So therefore our perceptions of the guys are already skewed and we view the interactions accordingly. Not this season.

ok, right, makes sense, ND, thanks.... so all is peachy to keep us lured into a false sense of security... then bammmmm.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:39 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:

nd,

I think that CH is saying that we should learn from past mistakes, but that this saying is a cliché. That would explain why Des appears to be once again going after the guy who is emotionally unavailable.  Drew, Chris and Zak put it all out there. No holding back.  But Brooks has been hemming and hawing and hesitating.  The questions his family asked him will be the key as to how this all plays out.  As others have said, they were left in there for a reason.  

-----------------------------------------------
Yes, perhaps they were left in the edit as an obstacle Brooks overcomes.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:41 am

nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
misticia wrote:

I remember also a PI in a preview where she said crying "I deserve to be loved".

I think so.

It is a bit hard for me to process how she did seem to clue into her dilema at one point and then throw it all out of the window soon thereafter.
To the point of being engaged as per the spoilers. I can somehow wrap my head around her  opening heart  to the other guys far more than her repeating her broken pattern of relationships.

Is it really all that broken with Brooks? My guess is TPTB are trying to make it worse than it actually is.

Did that scene look as though they were deeply in love and contemplating a happy future to you ? Broken.

Where you see broken, I see thoughtfulness. And lots of emotion which shows both parties care a great deal.

I know you want it to be Drew in the end, but do you think after  the I love Brooks declarations, the emotional scene with Brooks, the " I just wanna go home" PI, and the tears with CH that she's going to have some life-altering LCD with Drew to change her mind? Do you think that's enough time to make the switch?

Actually I don't want Drew in the end. I want my hubby at the end of this show giggling  who BTW cannot for the life of him understand the "blogs" as he calls it laugh out loud. At least this season he isn't giving me a hard time.
I see Des a mess in the previews of the next episode, I see brooks upset and in the back of a limo. They didn't just have a thoughtful discussion because they cared for each other. My husband and I have thoughtful discussions which get heated and at times there are tears. But he never in the back (or driving) a  vehicle away from me - not once. We have been married 19 years and dated for 8 years prior.

I see a broken relationship and Des herself said she falls in love with the "wrong guys". Her words not mine. If she picks Brooks in the end then she is perpetuating her own self-admitted cycle.

And for the record  (and I've said this over and over again), her actions don't match the words she speaks about these guys. Her heart can recognise what has been there for her all along. Yes she can change her mind if that is what she has decided.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I can totally understand your cynical view.

But if Brooks declares his feelings are the same, that he's in love, too, he will quickly go from the wrong guy to the right guy.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:54 am

agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
misticia wrote:

I think so.

But if Brooks declares his feelings are the same, that he's in love, too, he will quickly go from the wrong guy to the right guy.

I didn't think NDs comments were cynical at all... just observations.. Cynical will be how I will feel if Brooks returns after leaving and "declares his feelings are the same, that he's in love, too" and together they proclaim that their love is going to last!  :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:28 am

SueSt wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
misticia wrote:

I think so.

I didn't think NDs comments were cynical at all... just observations.. Cynical will be how I will feel if Brooks returns after leaving and "declares his feelings are the same, that he's in love, too" and together they proclaim that their love is going to last!  :-)

Just a thought : why is it sometimes so difficult here to just share opinions and analysis without being derogatory to others views ?
Like some people here, I think the most interesting thing in this season is to understand how a beautifull and smart young girl is trying to figure out what she needs in a relationship with a man.
Is it possible to simply respect this approach ?

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:40 am

misticia wrote:
Just a thought : why is it sometimes so difficult here to just share opinions and analysis without being derogatory to others views ?
Like some people here, I think the most interesting thing in this season is to understand how a beautifull and smart young girl is trying to figure out what she needs in a relationship with a man.

Misticia, I completely appreciate and support you wanting us to speak to each other with respect. I'm pretty sure you said English is not your first language, but I didn't think that anything said in the above thread was disrespectful.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:43 am

SueSt wrote:
misticia wrote:

Misticia, I completely appreciate and support you wanting us to speak to each other with respect.  I'm pretty sure you said English is not your first language, but I didn't think that anything said in the above thread was disrespectful.

Thank Sue. You're right english is not my first language. I maybe misinterpreted some words which sounds derogatory in my mother tongue.

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:46 am

misticia wrote:
SueSt wrote:
misticia wrote:

Misticia, I completely appreciate and support you wanting us to speak to each other with respect.  I'm pretty sure you said English is not your first language, but I didn't think that anything said in the above thread was disrespectful.

Thank Sue. You're right english is not my first language. I maybe misinterpreted some words which sounds derogatory in my mother tongue.

No problems... glad to help. Also, I think for the most part, the posters on this board can and do take care of themselves with regard to disrespect... :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:28 am

nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
misticia wrote:

I think so.

That's so funny because my dh comments on my "blogging" when I'm typing away on a post.  :laughingoutlou 

I have no idea if Brooks is wrong for Des but he's not coming across as one who is in love without reserve. That can work irl given enough time but not sure that will work in his favor on the show. It's all over now whatever happened but am hoping that Des is happy with no regrets.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 am

agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
misticia wrote:

I think so.

OUCH. I am thinking they left the I Love Brooks stuff in to show how she is changing her views. She finally changes her ways and takes the leap that she will choose what she needs versus what she wants. Sometimes you get infatuated with someone(Brooks) but that can go away really quick when you finally realize what real love is and what you truely need versus taking something that you want that could disappear quickly.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

+60
iamreal2u
Shadow
IzaLurkin
rosesrREd
Karche