SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 5 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 5 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by nd4reality Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm

^^^ blogging laugh out loud. I keep telling him its not a blog its a message board but I think he likes the word.
I too hope Des is happy with whatever decisions she made in Antigua and  in fact beyond.
I picture her married with babies and a happily ever after and hopefully that is what she gets together with a guy who will support her even when she "blogs" till the wee hours of the morning when new information is available on the boards Hugesmile .

Next step...........getting him to watch the show with her.

If she ends up with one of these guys he will not have an excuse.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 5 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Mimi27 Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

[/quote]
OUCH.  I am thinking they left the I Love Brooks stuff in to show how she is changing her views.  She finally changes her ways and takes the leap that she will choose what she needs versus what she wants.  Sometimes you get infatuated with someone(Brooks) but that can go away really quick when you finally realize what real love is and what you truely need versus taking something that you want that could disappear quickly.[/quote]

I am enjoying this conversation so much because I have felt that if Des chooses Brooks, it will be same song, umpteenth verse with her. Remember when she talked about her last boyfriend being uncommunicative with her? She does need to see her pattern of "going after the wrong guy." Des winds up with the same type of guy every time. He doesn't love her as much as she loves him. He's emotionally distant and no amount of her chasing after him changes that.

When Des brought up all of their past good times to get Brooks to commit to her, it broke my heart because I could see that once again she has picked the one guy out of the four who has to be cajoled into loving her. Even if he comes back and swears his undying love, how long will this last?

A picture says a thousand words, and the photo that best represents their relationship is the one in which Des and Brooks are standing on the mountain in the clouds. She's clinging to him for dear life while gazing adoringly at him while Brooks is staring off into space, his hands by his side. There seems to be a sadness in Brooks' eyes all the time. If Des' f1 is Brooks, she might find history repeating itself.
Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:10 pm

OUCH.  I am thinking they left the I Love Brooks stuff in to show how she is changing her views.  She finally changes her ways and takes the leap that she will choose what she needs versus what she wants.  Sometimes you get infatuated with someone(Brooks) but that can go away really quick when you finally realize what real love is and what you truely need versus taking something that you want that could disappear quickly.[/quote]

I am enjoying this conversation so much because I have felt that if Des chooses Brooks, it will be same song, umpteenth verse with her. Remember when she talked about her last boyfriend being uncommunicative with her? She does need to see her pattern of "going after the wrong guy." Des winds up with the same type of guy every time. He doesn't love her as much as she loves him. He's emotionally distant and no amount of her chasing after him changes that.

When Des brought up all of their past good times to get Brooks to commit to her, it broke my heart because I could see that once again she has picked the one guy out of the four who has to be cajoled into loving her. Even if he comes back and swears his undying love, how long will this last?

A picture says a thousand words, and the photo that best represents their relationship is the one in which Des and Brooks are standing on the mountain in the clouds. She's clinging to him for dear life while gazing adoringly at him while Brooks is staring off into space, his hands by his side. There seems to be a sadness in Brooks' eyes all the time. If Des' f1 is Brooks, she might find history repeating itself. [/quote]

High clap I could not agree more with this post. I see Des chasing Brooks to the ends of the earth and no matter what great traits Brooks may possess, I do not see him reciprocating Des's obvious feelings.....I have always seen Brooks half heartedly putting his arm around her, kissing her out of obligation (as Des hangs on him). To me, and this is only my opinion, that cloud 9 date was depressing......I feel that this is why Des is still single- for whatever reason, she needs the emotionally unavailable guy (to attempt to "fix" something in her past maybe- emotionally distant parent??? who knows?). Chris Harrison said in his blog that the hometowns were an indication of what is to come, and yes, if Brooks does leave, and then return, I believe this bodes very poorly on their future together. If he can't handle this silly show, how does he handle real life? Running away? Des has three guys who were falling all over her, and she to me, only wants the emotionally distant guy.....

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi27 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:20 pm

sparkler wrote:OUCH.  I am thinking they left the I Love Brooks stuff in to show how she is changing her views.  She finally changes her ways and takes the leap that she will choose what she needs versus what she wants.  Sometimes you get infatuated with someone(Brooks) but that can go away really quick when you finally realize what real love is and what you truely need versus taking something that you want that could disappear quickly.

A picture says a thousand words, and the photo that best represents their relationship is the one in which Des and Brooks are standing on the mountain in the clouds. She's clinging to him for dear life while gazing adoringly at him while Brooks is staring off into space, his hands by his side. There seems to be a sadness in Brooks' eyes all the time. If Des' f1 is Brooks, she might find history repeating itself. [/quote]

High clap I could not agree more with this post. I see Des chasing Brooks to the ends of the earth and no matter what great traits Brooks may possess, I do not see him reciprocating Des's obvious feelings.....I have always seen Brooks half heartedly putting his arm around her, kissing her out of obligation (as Des hangs on him). To me, and this is only my opinion, that cloud 9 date was depressing......I feel that this is why Des is still single- for whatever reason, she needs the emotionally unavailable guy (to attempt to "fix" something in her past maybe- emotionally distant parent??? who knows?). Chris Harrison said in his blog that the hometowns were an indication of what is to come, and yes, if Brooks does leave, and then return, I believe this bodes very poorly on their future together. If he can't handle this silly show, how does he handle real life? Running away? Des has three guys who were falling all over her, and she to me, only wants the emotionally distant guy.....[/quote]

I agree 
Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Taking anything Chris Harrison says is futile to me. First he said that Desiree and Brooks could have been anywhere and had a wonderful time and they connected physically and emotionally after their 1st date. That it was now that 1st date curse and if he's strong enough to see her now having 'connections' with everyone else. Then he says that Brooks is just 'going through the motions', then he says they only have 'chemistry'. Heck, even in the TVG interview with Robyn Ross he said that all 4 would have proposed.

Funny how no other season has so many contenders delcared they are in love with the lead after a couple of dates and Brooks is made out to be the one that's the odd one.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 pm

atem wrote:Taking anything Chris Harrison says is futile to me.  First he said that Desiree and Brooks could have been anywhere and had a wonderful time and they connected physically and emotionally after their 1st date.  That it was now that 1st date curse and if he's strong enough to see her now having 'connections' with everyone else. Then he says that Brooks is just 'going through the motions', then he says they only have 'chemistry'.  Heck, even in the TVG interview with Robyn Ross he said that all 4 would have proposed.  

Funny how no other season has so many contenders delcared they are in love with the lead after a couple of dates and Brooks is made out to be the one that's the odd one.

I don't think he's being considered odd because he didn't declare love, it's that he's not coming across that he is falling in love with Des. If he's not then by all means he should pull himself out. I just hope he doesn't come back unless he's sure.  Someone very smart pointed out that if Brooks really was wanting to be with Des he wouldn't leave before the FD got started and all that potential alone time.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15335

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariela Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:32 pm

IA.
So far, I've noticed reluctance on his part, which is not a good thing for the future. IF you cannot fall in love/lust in all those exotic places, without ANY real life worries, what will happen in the real world?

I see a HUGE similarity between Brooks and Jef. I noticed that the connection that Em had with him was more philosophical, than REAL:
Jef and Em used to talk about LOVE metaphorically a lot. Like it was something out there around them, but they weren't in it. I don't have any examples, but I recall the two of them standing once talking ABOUT love, like how special it is etc, and not that they were IN LOVE. It was weird. Turns out I was right.

I noticed this type of behavior with Brooks/Des when they were on the cloud date. They started describing love(adjectives, verbs), then he was philosophying about where he is in his emotional process, but I didn't get the FEELING of love, just bare bones in lurrrve with Des . Des was oblivious to all this because she was in her little infatuation world. Again, I've read the spoilers, but I'm describing what I'm seeing-too much cerebral talk, rather than heart and feeling love between Des/ Brooks.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 pm

A picture says a thousand words, and the photo that best represents their relationship is the one in which Des and Brooks are standing on the mountain in the clouds. She's clinging to him for dear life while gazing adoringly at him while Brooks is staring off into space, his hands by his side. There seems to be a sadness in Brooks' eyes all the time. If Des' f1 is Brooks, she might find history repeating itself.

Nice post: I agree! Hugesmile

And I agree with the several posts that followed! Not going to go into it anymore, she can do so much better.
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:11 pm

atem wrote:Taking anything Chris Harrison says is futile to me.  First he said that Desiree and Brooks could have been anywhere and had a wonderful time and they connected physically and emotionally after their 1st date.  That it was now that 1st date curse and if he's strong enough to see her now having 'connections' with everyone else. Then he says that Brooks is just 'going through the motions', then he says they only have 'chemistry'.  Heck, even in the TVG interview with Robyn Ross he said that all 4 would have proposed.  

All I can say is that, surprisingly, I am proud of Fleiss and his crew for maintaining their secrecy throughout this ending. They provided enough details to keep the sleuthers excited, and then pulled back and have them crazy. I, too, would love to guess the outcome....but I totally enjoy the chance to actually watch the show and be surprised. I just hope that Des is classy and mature in the end...and not just willing to perpetuate her past mistakes.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:12 pm

albean99 wrote:

I don't think he's being considered odd because he didn't declare love, it's that he's not coming across that he is falling in love with Des. If he's not then by all means he should pull himself out. I just hope he doesn't come back unless he's sure.  Someone very smart pointed out that if Brooks really was wanting to be with Des he wouldn't leave before the FD got started and all that potential alone time.

Well said! That is what bothers me as I watch this. It's like Des is trying to pry it out of him with a crowbar! The guy seems to be riddled with doubts and not entirely comfortable with the whole process. That's not unusual at all, however he owes it to Des to at least be honest with himself and with her. I believe he did say something earlier about Bryden and the doubts he expressed in AC. Then he flew to Germany and decided to take himself out. I don't remember the exact words Brooks said, but it was something to the effect of him not feeling it for Des and doing the right thing by leaving.

I certainly agree in hoping that he doesn't come back unless at that time he has resolved whatever doubts or misgivings he may have and is sure of his feeling for Des.

I remember someone saying that Brooks should have stayed and spent some alone time with Des on their FD. That's the time to just talk and have some privacy away from the cameras. You don't find answers by leaving.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Ariela wrote:
So far, I've noticed reluctance on his part, which is not a good thing for the future. IF you cannot fall in love/lust in all those exotic places, without ANY real life worries, what will happen in the real world?

I see a HUGE similarity between Brooks and Jef. I noticed that the connection that Em had with him was more philosophical, than REAL:
Jef and Em used to talk about LOVE metaphorically a lot. Like it was something out there around them, but they weren't in it. I don't have any examples, but I recall the two of them standing once talking ABOUT love, like how special it is etc, and not that they were IN LOVE. It was weird. Turns out I was right.

I noticed this type of behavior with Brooks/Des when they were on the cloud date. They started describing love(adjectives, verbs), then he was philosophying about where he is in his emotional process, but I didn't get the FEELING of love, just bare bones in lurrrve with Des . Des was oblivious to all this because she was in her little infatuation world. Again, I've read the spoilers, but I'm describing what I'm seeing-too much cerebral talk, rather than heart and feeling love between Des/ Brooks.

Great analysis, Ariela. Cerebral, not emotional. Great way to describe it.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 pm

SueSt wrote:
Ariela wrote:

Great analysis, Ariela.  Cerebral, not emotional.  Great way to describe it.

Sue,

You said it before I had a chance. But I will just chime in and agree! I didn't get the adjectives and verbs and the talk about the emotional process. As Ariel said so well, too much cerebral talk, rather than just from the heart and feelings about love. I believe when you know, you know. It's not complicated, it's not analytical, it's not difficult. When you find love it is the most powerful emotion human beings experience. It's even hard to describe it in words. It's not about being intellectual. It's about passion and closeness and intensity and intimacy and a sharing. This is what I am not seeing with Brooks and Des. I do believe that Des has real feelings for Brooks. I just don't see the same from him.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #5

+60
iamreal2u
Shadow
IzaLurkin
rosesrREd
Karche