SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 19 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:30 pm

So now Brooks planned to go on the show so that he could further his career in marketing and advertising from day one? Ha! What happened to the theory that he was just a rich wayward model who was found the job by TPTB in order for him to be the next Bachelor?

Seems to me if Brooks was such an opportunist he would have taken The Bachelor gig as soon as it was offered. Just think about all the mileage and his career and FitMarketing could have gotten out of that! giggling
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Seems to me if Brooks was such an opportunist he would have taken The Bachelor gig as soon as it was offered.
I dont , for a minute, think they were serious in offering him the lead. They surely dangled it as a carrot for manipulation purposes. They always do that. But he's just not Bachelor lead material at all.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm

tigertiz wrote:
Seems to me if Brooks was such an opportunist he would have taken The Bachelor gig as soon as it was offered.
I dont , for a minute, think they were serious in offering him the lead. They surely dangled it as a carrot for manipulation purposes. They always do that. But he's just not Bachelor lead material at all.  
I agree. I don't think it was offered to him or Drew.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:19 pm

bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Brooks said it was offered and he turned it down. And they came back to him several times. Drew said it was never discussed at all.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:23 pm

sfrank wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Brooks said it was offered and he turned it down. And they came back to him several times. Drew said it was never discussed at all.
I think they approached Brooks, Drew, Jef, and probably a few others. Some of them might've said 'no thanks.' But I meant like, hey, here's the contract, this is the salary, sign on the dotted line kind of offer, I think that only went to Juan P.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I agree that there was no way the producers would have offered Brooks the lead, but I suspect it was more because of the outcome and his rejection of Des. I'm sure they figured that their romance hungry viewers' initial reaction to him would be to villainize him/label him a committmentphobe, and wouldn't be sympathetic to watching him "search for love", particularly just a few months later.

It took 3 years of softening for them to give the "hated" Brad another shot, however, so if the show lasts that long, there's an outside chance that they might consider Brooks in the future if they get desperate enough.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:29 pm

sfrank wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Brooks can say that until the cows come home.  It doesn't mean it's true.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:39 pm

ironcat wrote:I agree that there was no way the producers would have offered Brooks the lead, but I suspect it was more because of the outcome and his rejection of Des.  I'm sure they figured that their romance hungry viewers' initial reaction to him would be to villainize him/label him a committmentphobe, and wouldn't be sympathetic to watching him "search for love", particularly just a few months later.  

It took 3 years of softening for them to give the "hated" Brad another shot, however, so if the show lasts that long, there's an outside chance that they might consider Brooks in the future if they get desperate enough.
But was Brooks really the villain? I don't think he was portrayed that way at all. He told the truth and the general consensus was that it was hard to see Des go through it but it was a good thing.

Given the minimal screen time Juan got all season I highly doubt he was their "choice" all along or he would have been show more and certainly the single dad angle played up more. They would have certainly secured a 1on1 date for him while they were filming too if that crossed their minds as well.

I think they asked Brooks and looked at few others including Zak and then realized Juan was very popular. They could play up the fact that he was spanish to end no diversity complaints.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:41 pm

sfrank wrote:
beader wrote:Couldn't Brooks make his presentations, for which I assume he is getting paid directly or indirectly, without using pictures of Des?  To use pictures of a lady you are breaking up with to further your own career is just not cool.  
Des was The Bachelorette...the presentation was called "Inbound Lessons from The Bachelorette" so ummm why? Brooks also showed pictures of himself in angst over the break-up. And why do people think, the break-up "belongs" exclusively to Des?  He was just as much a part of it as she was.  

Des and Chris using their time on the show to further theirs, so what is the difference? Its about your experience during the journey. Chris' journey was filled with poetry and a consolation engagement. Brooks' had this emotional break-up. They are sharing their journeys. So because Brooks' story included a break-up with Des its not cool for him to talk about? But Chris and Des can make money off of their "love story" and its ok?
The break up doesn't belong to Brooks either. IMO, his action by using this albeit televised moment for his own purposes lacks class. I don't know either whether he let Des or TPTB know he was using this clip for his marketing presentation. It's not how I do business and I think at best it's insensitive.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:41 pm

alwaystulips wrote:
sfrank wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
Brooks can say that until the cows come home.  It doesn't mean it's true.
A reporter asked the question during his press conference and he answered it. I don't see the point of lying but believe what you want...
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany44000 Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Sprite wrote:
brittany44000 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
eliza3 wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:I can see where Brooks utilizing the show as a marketing tool, AND Des and Chris selling their poetry(written while she was in love with Brooks - her words)  can be offensive to some and hurtful to both sides(Des and Brooks).
Des and Chris both agreed to make the poetry public....I have a hard time believing that Brooks asked Des if it was ok to use her as a marketing tool.   From my perspective the too things are totally different.
I agree. Reminds me of another opportunist from Utah.
Some might even take this further to the point that it was a symbiotic deal that FitMarketing would benefit by having Brooks not only be on the show, but make it far enough in the process to grease their hands(FitMarketing) in Brooks' promotion.
FitMarketing is nothing but another start up marketing firm amongst many, so any publicity would be gravy! And Brooks is nothing more than a mere sales rep in a small firm. 11 weeks of free primetime national advertisement. Wow. Not a bad gift from ABC.
But then that might suggest Brooks was slated from before day one to make it far in the season. Say it aint so. giggling 
This is my theory as well... Brooks never had intentions of falling for des ... He went to f3 and then bowed out for his own benefits!!!  I think that's why he said he hoped she had stronger connections with drew or chris! I do however think he felt guilty after she was so upset though!

I'm not going to comment on the clip because I can't really see it and it could have been shown for a split sec for all we know... I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he is not that insensitive!
Sorry...not buying the big conspiracy theory of Brooks being on for promotional purposes. MF and Co. do not do favours for anyone but themselves. Every year we have these theories about so and so being guaranteed spots up until _______. These people may come on the show to help promote themselves or their business ventures (and may come out of it reasonably unscarred...or not), but, I don't see MF giving anyone the guarantee because they never know how the show will play out. (Just check out that contract.) He can't put himself in a corner just for some Joe Schmo, fame wannabe. The only person they truly wanted to promote was Emily because of her Nascar connections and her tragic story so they could set her up to be the next Bette...and they were p*ssed Brad picked her. Brooks was not exactly handled with the same kid gloves.

However much people want to revise what happened on the show, it is clear that these people are not actors. The emotions that occured during that break up was some of the most raw/real emotions that I have seen on this fake show. They were simply pawns in a fake reality manufactured and manipulated by MF and his minions. What happened, happened. Des and Brooks were in some sort of semi real relationship that did not work out and all the drama/tears were a result of being caught up in the moment...assisted by producer meddling. CH was correct...Nobody came out of this season unscathed and all are now in damage control.
Let me clarify... I don't think abc was in on it but I think it coul have been brooks intentions! I think he knew from day 1 she wasn't his type IMO!
brittany44000
brittany44000

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 pm

The producers could easily have said to Brooks, "how would you like to be the next Bachelor, is it something you would consider?", and they could have said the same thing to several guys just to get the lay of the land, without making a commitment to any one of them. Brooks could have immediately said, "no, thanks", and therefore be truthful when stating that it was (as far as he knew) offered and turned down.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48
jlccaz
JBF