SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 3 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:51 am

Thomigirl wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Who's Dudley?
I was going to ask the same thing but figured it was a snarky name for Chris AKA Dudley Do Right...methinks?
My guess was BRooks because that is the only other real fangirling that happened this season.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:00 am

Veg...I will take a stab at answering your question.

I am not a Brooks fangirl, nor am I a Chris fangirl. I don't have a single place on this board that I feel like I belong. I don't like the disrespect that is happening in either camp so I just stopped coming here altogether. The only reason I found this thread is because I came here for an update on Gia Allemand. And from what I'm reading, this is not a discussion thread I want to be a part of either. Calling Brooks "Dudley" or referring to his fans as the "Brooksies" is not what I consider respectful discussion. My opinion and my choice.

I'm personally not upset at the Finale. You asked what people are so upset about? I think in most of the viewing populations eyes, Des looked like a fool for flipping the switch in a matter of days and that's what they have a problem with. IMO.

In order to write my blog, I have to watch and rewatch the episodes more times than I care to admit. I watched it from a different lens once I knew Brooks wasn't coming back.

We know there are many different kinds of love. Most of us have had that intense love with someone that we know is not good for us and would never work IRL. But our hearts can't help from going there. That's what I think happened with Brooks. Des fell in love with Brooks hard and fast. She herself told Chris she was blind-sided by her feelings for Brooks. She never saw the warning signs and refused to believe the red flags that Chris Harrison kept bringing up.

Having said that, I believe Des does love Chris in a different way. Are we settling or is it a default if we go with a love that is best for us? I don't think so. But not everyone agrees with that. I believe Des and Chris have a very good chance at making it IRL. Chris was always the perfect fit for her, which she  finally saw once Brooks was gone.

I do not understand why people from one camp have to go into the other and try to force their thoughts when all it does is cause trouble for Love and San. They are fanthreads. Why can't we let each camp do their own thing and stop stirring the pot? People have their minds made up and they are not going to change, no matter what others say. And why should they?

Each one has the right to their opinion and each person that has an opinion is right. We don't have to agree with each other, nor do we have to make others feel like they are idiots or wrong if they have a difference of opinion. There is no I'm right, you're wrong. There is only different.  

This is a reaity TV show about people we do not know personally. They are not a part of our intimate circle or family. I personally don't see the point in arguing and fighting over it. People are dying. That's reality.

I think a tweet by none other than Ali's Frank sums it up nicely for me:

Frank Neuschaefer ‏@neuschaefer 7h
Tragedies bring out the best kind of love. Can we all try to love each other this intensely always? My kind of world...

Yeah, that. peace
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:54 am

Beeleever wrote:Veg...I will take a stab at answering your question.

I am not a Brooks fangirl, nor am I a Chris fangirl. I don't have a single place on this board that I feel like I belong. I don't like the disrespect that is happening in either camp so I just stopped coming here altogether. The only reason I found this thread is because I came here for an update on Gia Allemand. And from what I'm reading, this is not a discussion thread I want to be a part of either. Calling Brooks "Dudley" or referring to his fans as the "Brooksies" is not what I consider respectful discussion. My opinion and my choice.

I'm personally not upset at the Finale. You asked what people are so upset about? I think in most of the viewing populations eyes, Des looked like a fool for flipping the switch in a matter of days and that's what they have a problem with. IMO.

In order to write my blog, I have to watch and rewatch the episodes more times than I care to admit. I watched it from a different lens once I knew Brooks wasn't coming back.

We know there are many different kinds of love. Most of us have had that intense love with someone that we know is not good for us and would never work IRL. But our hearts can't help from going there. That's what I think happened with Brooks. Des fell in love with Brooks hard and fast. She herself told Chris she was blind-sided by her feelings for Brooks. She never saw the warning signs and refused to believe the red flags that Chris Harrison kept bringing up.

Having said that, I believe Des does love Chris in a different way. Are we settling or is it a default if we go with a love that is best for us? I don't think so. But not everyone agrees with that. I believe Des and Chris have a very good chance at making it IRL. Chris was always the perfect fit for her, which she  finally saw once Brooks was gone.

I do not understand why people from one camp have to go into the other and try to force their thoughts when all it does is cause trouble for Love and San. They are fanthreads. Why can't we let each camp do their own thing and stop stirring the pot? People have their minds made up and they are not going to change, no matter what others say. And why should they?

Each one has the right to their opinion and each person that has an opinion is right. We don't have to agree with each other, nor do we have to make others feel like they are idiots or wrong if they have a difference of opinion. There is no I'm right, you're wrong. There is only different.  

This is a reaity TV show about people we do not know personally. They are not a part of our intimate circle or family. I personally don't see the point in arguing and fighting over it. People are dying. That's reality.

I think a tweet by none other than Ali's Frank sums it up nicely for me:

Frank Neuschaefer ‏@neuschaefer 7h
Tragedies bring out the best kind of love. Can we all try to love each other this intensely always? My kind of world...

Yeah, that. peace
Yes, it was me that used the term "Brooksies", but it was also me that asked the question before the finale if the Brooks lovers would treat Des and/or Chris with disrespect if it turned out that Brooks wasn't the F1. I was treated like a fool for asking. Then when it turns out that Brooks wasn't the F1, the same posters started treating Des and Chris with extreme disrespect. I guess I took exception to that. Yes, that is my problem and my feelings on it; but I was also hurt by the posters that treated me badly stating that "of course there won't be any hard feelings and disrespect to Des and or Chris" and it was made obvious that they thought I was a pot stirrer or a problematic poster for even asking such a thing. So yes, there are still some hard feelings on this. I had been called a few names myself on this. Thankfully that was noticed and dealt with(NOT that I had complained, but rather because it was noticed).

I do agree that Chris and Des are doing great together, seem to be the best match for each other and I am glad that they have found each other in this crazy process.

You said that you watched the show from a different lens once you knew that Brooks wasn't coming back. Can I ask when that was? Did you know before the finale that Brooks wasn't returning. IF you are finding this out from a source, I do understand not wanting to reveal anything.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:54 am

Bee, thanks so much for trying to explain the perspective. I was trying to understand the reasons behind the frustration.

Having stayed unspoiled until episode 6, I grew to like all of her guys, which I think helped and hindered my perspective. Liking Des as well, I really just wanted her to get her happy ending. She and Brooks said on their first date that if they get heartbroken along the journey, it just meant that they weren't meant to be. I took that as the lesson of their relationship.

At this point, I hope that Des, Chris, and Brooks are happy with the outcome. Only Chris and Des can decide the truth, reality, and longevity of their relationship. I wish them all so much joy and love.

At the end of the day, love is all that matters. Hugs bestbud! 
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am

RIP Gia. It is always a tragedy when someone takes their life because they think things can't get better. She always seemed like a very sweet person and it is so sad that she seems to have felt she wasn't loved. I appreciate many of the kind thoughts expressed by those who knew her in the Bachelor family and those on this board.

As for this topic:

I didn't particularly care for this season. I watched out of habit rather than because I was enjoying it. I didn't really dislike anyone, but, I didn't really like anyone either. I knew about the spoilers, but, didn't really care. This season more than any other I was able to watch objectively. The edit was a mess. They practically beat us (the viewing audience...specially those who just watch the show and don't follow spoilers), over the head with the themes they were going  with....guy with girlfriend, guy who doesn't get along with other guys, guy who leaves, guy with ulterior motives, guy who is torn and confused and loyal guy.

What sticks out for me from this whole mess is just what a mess Des was. I understand how this show works. I know she was tired, manipulated by producers, etc. I get all that. What bothers me is the 180 she did within a matter or days. I have seen people on here making all kinds of excuses and justifications as to why it happened. I'm sorry but I just don't buy it and her post show interview where she admitted she still doesn't know what would have happened if Brooks had stayed only confirmed my thoughts. It has now been several months since the show. She has been getting to know Chris during that time. The fact that she still can't say with any certainty that she would have picked him, makes me feel really bad for the man. I know some will still say ... Oh, she's just being honest. To me there is honest, and then there is just being needlessly honest. Supposedly by now, she KNOWS she loves him (personally don't believe that, I think she is trying to talk herself into it because he is such a nice man and stood by her through this whole mess), and yet she can't throw him a bone by softening things up and saying I hope/think I would have eventually come to the same conclusion.

I like Chris. I like Des. I hope she figures herself out and is capable of truly falling for a nice man. If she doesn't, I hope she doesn't prolong this and hurt him too badly and he moves on. I wish Brooks every happiness as well. I don't have a problem with anything he did and I personally don't think he came out of this looking bad. What I don't get are those people...in both camps...who INSIST that if Brooks had stayed they know how things would have turned out...naturally in their favourites favour, when Des herself has clearly stated that she doesn't know...and yet, we, who don't know any of these people and were not there...clearly do! :headbanging

End of rant an off to more important things like telling people in my life how much I care about them!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Beeleever wrote: I watched it from a different lens once I knew Brooks wasn't coming back.

Good Post I agree
I agree with this 100% and pretty much posted it on another thread. I watched it the day after and saw a completely different "story" When I watched it "live" I was waiting for Brooks to return so the shock and awe of it all caught me off guard.

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by scarre_me Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Sprite wrote:RIP Gia. It is always a tragedy when someone takes their life because they think things can't get better. She always seemed like a very sweet person and it is so sad that she seems to have felt she wasn't loved. I appreciate many of the kind thoughts expressed by those who knew her in the Bachelor family and those on this board.

As for this topic:

I didn't particularly care for this season. I watched out of habit rather than because I was enjoying it. I didn't really dislike anyone, but, I didn't really like anyone either. I knew about the spoilers, but, didn't really care. This season more than any other I was able to watch objectively. The edit was a mess. They practically beat us (the viewing audience...specially those who just watch the show and don't follow spoilers), over the head with the themes they were going  with....guy with girlfriend, guy who doesn't get along with other guys, guy who leaves, guy with ulterior motives, guy who is torn and confused and loyal guy.

What sticks out for me from this whole mess is just what a mess Des was. I understand how this show works. I know she was tired, manipulated by producers, etc. I get all that. What bothers me is the 180 she did within a matter or days. I have seen people on here making all kinds of excuses and justifications as to why it happened. I'm sorry but I just don't buy it and her post show interview where she admitted she still doesn't know what would have happened if Brooks had stayed only confirmed my thoughts. It has now been several months since the show. She has been getting to know Chris during that time. The fact that she still can't say with any certainty that she would have picked him, makes me feel really bad for the man. I know some will still say ... Oh, she's just being honest. To me there is honest, and then there is just being needlessly honest. Supposedly by now, she KNOWS she loves him (personally don't believe that, I think she is trying to talk herself into it because he is such a nice man and stood by her through this whole mess), and yet she can't throw him a bone by softening things up and saying I hope/think I would have eventually come to the same conclusion.

I like Chris. I like Des. I hope she figures herself out and is capable of truly falling for a nice man. If she doesn't, I hope she doesn't prolong this and hurt him too badly and he moves on. I wish Brooks every happiness as well. I don't have a problem with anything he did and I personally don't think he came out of this looking bad. What I don't get are those people...in both camps...who INSIST that if Brooks had stayed they know how things would have turned out...naturally in their favourites favour, when Des herself has clearly stated that she doesn't know...and yet, we, who don't know any of these people and were not there...clearly do! :headbanging

End of rant an off to more important things like telling people in my life how much I care about them!
Sprite I completely agree with your observation and opinion. Des is a complete mess. I found her completely fake. Honestly I felt bad for Chris but wait I guess they deserve each other. Chris didn't even bother to question why they are not watching the 'break up episode with Brooks". He is also in denial. He thinks because they have chemistry, it is also translate to love? Wrong. Des insist she is in love with Chris? Big BULL! Though I'm not a fan of Des but I would have respected her if she did not accept Chris proposal and would rather date him after the show or she could have left without choosing anyone. Sean on on his season said outright that he will pack his bag if Cath did the Brook thing. On Emily season...Sean said on one of the interviews that if Emily have picked her at the end and he saw the seasons episodes unfold, he would still question Emily about her actions with Jef and Arie. Well....what do you expect about the wishy washy Des and overly boring poems of Chris?

scarre_me

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Bringing over a comment from the Chris Fan Thread for discussion:

Aunties_Love wrote:I don't know if you guys saw this over on the Brooks thread
Lievta wrote:Lievta wrote:Post byLievtaon Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:38 pm
Aunties_Love wrote:I am not telling anyone what to do/think. Again, I am not a malicious person. I do find it weird that so much attention is put onto the concept that Des did something wrong when it was BRooks that left, but that's just me.
rotfl rotfl rotfl
I guess some do believe I am malicious?? That poster bolded the malicious person part and then did the rolling in laughter after it.

Auntie, they are also calling you a troll in that thread which makes me sad. You are far from a troll. You aren't some stranger who showed up here yesterday and purposely decided to upset Brooks fans. All you try to do is inject some sleuthing and common sense into the discussion. Anyway, sorry that has happened to you...you are far from alone.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 pm

IrishGal wrote: Bringing over a comment from the Chris Fan Thread for discussion:

Aunties_Love wrote:I don't know if you guys saw this over on the Brooks thread
Lievta wrote:Lievta wrote:Post byLievtaon Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:38 pm
Aunties_Love wrote:I am not telling anyone what to do/think. Again, I am not a malicious person. I do find it weird that so much attention is put onto the concept that Des did something wrong when it was BRooks that left, but that's just me.
rotfl rotflrotfl
I guess some do believe I am malicious??  That poster bolded the malicious person part and then did the rolling in laughter after it.
Auntie, they are also calling you a troll in that thread which makes me sad.  You are far from a troll.   You aren't some stranger who showed up here yesterday and purposely decided to upset Brooks fans. All you try to do is inject some sleuthing and common sense into the discussion.  Anyway, sorry that has happened to you...you are far from alone.
Thankyou so much Irish Gal. It means a lot to know that I am not alone.  It is sad that some things have to be taken to this extent though.  I am sure that there are other things that were said that I didn't see or chose to ignore, but name calling of posters is one thing that is too far IMO.

I also found out on twitter that Aunty Lyn on the Brooks thread is also Latergator who says on her twitter acct that she was banned for 3 months from picking on me.

Here are some tweets to back that up:

Auntie Lyn ‏@auntielyn 9 Aug
  @MonicaJM2001 that he is... let the Bres fans know, I (latergator) got banned for 3 months for picking on Aunties_Love I think. I miss ya'll

6:56 PM - 9 Aug 13 · Details

@MonicaJM2001 I'm signed up by Auntie Lyn but I think they would find me and ban me for life. I did a little checking then got chicken. sad
View conversation

Jordan D Rix ‏@DJordanrix 10 Aug

@auntielyn @MonicaJM2001 we miss you

So I checked up on @MonicaJM2001 and found this post by her on twitter:

Monica Moore ‏@MonicaJM2001 9 Aug
@auntielyn we were afraid of that but that moron deserved it! i will pass word along!

Monica Moore ‏@MonicaJM2001 10 Aug
@auntielyn you are missed by all your fellow Brooks fans! Everyone says Hi!

So I found out that I am also considered to be a moron as well.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Have you reported that to Love? She doesn't have time to read every thread but she'd be able to confirm that Latergator is circumventing her ban by using a different screen name.

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:42 pm

IrishGal wrote:Have you reported that to Love?  She doesn't have time to read every thread but she'd be able to confirm that Latergator is circumventing her ban by using a different screen name.
Yes, I have. I wonder if Love is on holidays though as she seems to not be getting my message as it is still in my outbox versus the sent box.

Yea, this circumventing the ban is one thing, calling names is another for sure.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 pm

bestbud! At least here we can have civil discussion and all viewpoints are considered. I hope.

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group