SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 10 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by agentcurls Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:09 pm

2observe wrote:There was nothing about Brooks and Des' first 1 on 1 date that spelled F1 to me.  What man (in his right mind) would fall for a woman who wants them to wears a wedding gown and tuxedo on their first date???  This was my 1st clue that the Brooks Spoiler was wrong.  Not only did Des and Brooks putting on wedding attire, but they started climbing up to the Hollywood sign to sit and chat just like Ali and Frank.  This was my 2nd clue that Brooks was not F1.  The fact that Brooks saw Des kissing James was another clue that he was not F1.  I just can't see the TPTB letting the F1 guy sneak into the Lead's SQT with another guy.  These are just a few of the many clues showing that Brooks wasn't going to be F1; and, that Brooks was cast to be the type of guy that Des has always fell for, but who would not return her love.
All of these things you have mentioned are so true and in hindsight.....are why is he was EDITED not to be F1 (after the fact), not necessarily that he wasn't Des' first choice for her F1, at least initially.

If Brooks would've stuck around, I think Des would've chosen him, but since he left....it all worked out for the best! I am really starting to see she really is much better suited for Chris.

Brooks is up there as one of my favs as well, for his honesty and quirky personality, and he's easy on the (my) eyes.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:40 pm

2observe wrote:There was nothing about Brooks and Des' first 1 on 1 date that spelled F1 to me.  What man (in his right mind) would fall for a woman who wants them to wears a wedding gown and tuxedo on their first date???  This was my 1st clue that the Brooks Spoiler was wrong.  Not only did Des and Brooks putting on wedding attire, but they started climbing up to the Hollywood sign to sit and chat just like Ali and Frank.  This was my 2nd clue that Brooks was not F1.  The fact that Brooks saw Des kissing James was another clue that he was not F1.  I just can't see the TPTB letting the F1 guy sneak into the Lead's SQT with another guy.  These are just a few of the many clues showing that Brooks wasn't going to be F1; and, that Brooks was cast to be the type of guy that Des has always fell for, but who would not return her love.
I do agree with a lot of what you said 2observe. One MAJOR red flag for me was that Brooks was seen watching her have qt with the other guys, namely kissing James. That isn't what would of happened if he was the actual F1. Not to mention the editing of the whole storyline is how Des breaks free of the cycle of always choosing the wrong guy(Brooks) to finding the right one that gives her what she needs and wants(Chris).

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm not sure why the first date being dressed as a brides and groom as being a sign that he wasn't F1. Des wanted someone that could just roll with it and have fun and that's exactly what Brooks did. He didn't seem to be freaked out about it at all in fact seemed to really enjoy the entire date..."it keeps getting better and better and better...hold on to your seat belts ...this is gonna be an awesome ride."

And because they do the Hollywood sign like anther couple that also indicates he is not F1? I don't get it?

Brooks seeing Des kiss other guys...he said he didn't think Des' relationship with other guys affected him. He wanted the rose on that group date and he got it. He said getting that rose reinforced the relationship that they had and he was glad he got the rose. This was after he saw Des kiss James.

I feel like I'm deadhorse and I know Des is now with Chris. Truth be told I really like Chris and I'm hoping they will have a wonderful life together. I think he wanted Des in spite of the feelings he knew she had for Brooks. Don't you think Chris also suspected Brooks was Des' F1? ...I still believe if there had been more time and not the pressure of a proposal we might have a different ending....JMO. It may be true that Chris is a better fit for Des and she got what she wanted, a proposal and someone that loves her just as much, probably more than she loves him.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Rolly wrote:I'm not sure why the first date being dressed as a brides and groom as being a sign that he wasn't F1. Des wanted someone that could just roll with it and have fun and that's exactly what Brooks did. He didn't seem to be freaked out about it at all in fact seemed to really enjoy the entire date..."it keeps getting better and better and better...hold on to your seat belts ...this is gonna be an awesome ride."

And because they do the Hollywood sign like anther couple that also indicates he is not F1? I don't get it?

Brooks seeing Des kiss other guys...he said he didn't think Des' relationship with other guys affected him. He wanted the rose on that group date and he got it. He said getting that rose reinforced the relationship that they had and he was glad he got the rose. This was after he saw Des kiss James.

I feel like I'm  deadhorse and I know Des is now with Chris. Truth be told I really like Chris and I'm hoping they will have a wonderful life together. I think he wanted Des in spite of the feelings he knew she had for Brooks. Don't you think Chris also suspected Brooks was Des' F1? ...I still believe if there had been more time and not the pressure of a proposal we might have a different ending....JMO. It may be true that Chris is a better fit for Des and she got what she wanted, a proposal and someone that loves her just as much, probably more than she loves him.
It has been said in the past that when you don't have a fave in the race, you can be more objective to see all sides. This I believe and since I didn't have a fave, I could see that when she was with Chris, they both snuggled each other a lot. I could see that Brooks was pulling away from Des and it was Des that was far more gone for him than the other way around. If you don't have a fave in it, you can also tend to seperate things and notice that there were no sc's for Brooks, because there were none and the storyline of the season was for Des herself in how she could move away from the non committal guy(Brooks) and choose the one that was right for her and love her/treat her like the princess that she wanted to be. Brooks wasn't nor could he ever be that for her. The storyline this season was all Des's and not any of the guys so to speak. IMO.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 am

Rolly wrote:I think if Brooks had stayed Des does know what she would have done but just can't say it.
Thank you! Exactly. As Ironcat wrote, Des should have expected that question and had plenty of time to formulate a more diplomatic, yet still truthful answer...but, she didn't. We all know that sometimes you don't get what you want...you get what you need. Hopefully, for Des, that is what she got and she truly appreciates it. For me, the jury is still out.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 am

Rolly wrote:I'm not sure why the first date being dressed as a brides and groom as being a sign that he wasn't F1. Des wanted someone that could just roll with it and have fun and that's exactly what Brooks did. He didn't seem to be freaked out about it at all in fact seemed to really enjoy the entire date..."it keeps getting better and better and better...hold on to your seat belts ...this is gonna be an awesome ride."

I feel like I'm  deadhorse and I know Des is now with Chris. Truth be told I really like Chris and I'm hoping they will have a wonderful life together. I think he wanted Des in spite of the feelings he knew she had for Brooks. Don't you think Chris also suspected Brooks was Des' F1? ...I still believe if there had been more time and not the pressure of a proposal we might have a different ending....JMO. It may be true that Chris is a better fit for Des and she got what she wanted, a proposal and someone that loves her just as much, probably more than she loves him.
Re bolded, Chris said prior to his date in Madeira with Des that he felt extremely confident in their relationship despite the fact that Brooks had gone on a second date . Also Chris did not sound intimidated at all in all his ITM's he kept that confidence and continued to believe he was the most compatible with Des. Since Brooks and Chris were close in the house, I suspect that they shared their feelings about Des and it's not impossible that Brooks could have hinted that he was not falling in love with Des. In fact I think all the F5 did share a bit amongst themselves because Michael G teased Chris if he was going to break out a poem or sketch on his date. Also don't believe given more time anything would have happened between Des and Brooks, the truth is Brooks did not love Des, and I doubt she is the type he usually goes for especially when you compare Des to Brooks's ex girlfriend, seems night and day to me.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:02 am

re the bolded, i was surprised to read that chris only watched his portions of the show for each episode. at first when i heard him say that i thought he just meant the FRC part 1 with the big blowout scene with brooks. then, when i read it in print it said he only watched his parts each week all season long. of course he was there in person so did see some things with des and brooks, and des said he knows all the details, but i don't think it is smart for him to have not seen any of how des was with brooks on their dates and what she said to CH. there's a big difference between des telling him what happened and him watching it onscreen with his own eyes. jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy61 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 am

Would you want to see all of the footage that the producers "created"?  The woman you love kissing all of those other guys, saying who knows what that the editors pasted together?  Why?  Chris was there, he saw what was going on, why does he need to see what this show considers entertainment?  Watching it on screen with his own eyes doesn't mean anything with a reality TV show because the majority of it wasn't real.  We have no idea what he was told by Des, she may have even told him the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  I guess I don't understand why it's so important that he sees it.

If there had been more time, if there had not been pressure to propose, if he hadn't seen Des kissing James, if he had done this, if he had done that... IMO it still would not have turned out that Des and Brooks would be together.  As much as I like Brooks, he didn't love her, that's it, end of story.  Asking all of the "if's" in the world wouldn't have changed anything.

I'm thinking it's about time for me to stop coming to this board, way too many people are beating a dead horse again and again, I feel like I'm reading what was posted 2 weeks ago.  Maybe it's time for a few others "move on", coming here just keeps everyone stirred up.  The show is over, everyone has an opinion as to what shoulda, coulda, woulda but in the real world the entire cast has let it go and moved on, shouldn't we? Goodbye everyone, it was great reading how you all feel about this TV show. I vow to never get this invested in another show again. 👋

Mandy61

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 am

gabriele wrote:

re the bolded, i was surprised to read that chris only watched his portions of the show for each episode. at first when i heard him say that i thought he just meant the FRC part 1 with the big blowout scene with brooks. then, when i read it in print it said he only watched his parts each week all season long. of course he was there in person so did see some things with des and brooks, and des said he knows all the details, but i don't think it is smart for him to have not seen any of how des was with brooks on their dates and what she said to CH. there's a big difference between des telling him what happened and him watching it onscreen with his own eyes. jmo.
Remember, Chris doesnt even bother to watch any of the other guys either, not just Brooks. Big deal. Smart move for Chres, IMO. I believe 110% my DH`s honesty and stories about his exes and so did him. If he ever offer me to watch the recorded version of his love story, i surely wouldnt want to see it!!..giggling . The most important thing is to move forward and always believe that through the ups and downs before as well as after we met, we are meant to be. I tend to think Chres believe this as well. I still chuckle seeing the initial segment of MTP, where Chris expressively said "which is nice!!"..(referring to the fact that in the real world a guy wouldnt get to see his "competitor" for a girl he interested in). Kudos to his sensible reasoning. He is absolutely right. :yes: 

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

Mandy61 wrote:Would you want to see all of the footage that the producers "created"?  The woman you love kissing all of those other guys, saying who knows what that the editors pasted together?  Why?  Chris was there, he saw what was going on, why does he need to see what this show considers entertainment?  Watching it on screen with his own eyes doesn't mean anything with a reality TV show because the majority of it wasn't real.  We have no idea what he was told by Des, she may have even told him the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  I guess I don't understand why it's so important that he sees it.

If there had been more time, if there had not been pressure to propose, if he hadn't seen Des kissing James, if he had done this, if he had done that... IMO it still would not have turned out that Des and Brooks would be together.  As much as I like Brooks, he didn't love her, that's it, end of story.  Asking all of the "if's" in the world wouldn't have changed anything.

I'm thinking it's about time for me to stop coming to this board, way too many people are beating a dead horse again and again, I feel like I'm reading what was posted 2 weeks ago.  Maybe it's time for a few others "move on", coming here just keeps everyone stirred up.  The show is over, everyone has an opinion as to what shoulda, coulda, woulda but in the real world the entire cast has let it go and moved on, shouldn't we? Goodbye everyone, it was great reading how you all feel about this TV show. I vow to never get this invested in another show again. 👋
I agree with you that if Chris doesn't feel a need to watch the footage of Des with other guys, he absolutely shouldn't, and good for him that he is comfortable and confident in what they have together.

I am impartial about this season's outcome, I was never invested in, or a huge fan of, any contestant (well, I still think Juan Pablo is hot:fanningfan: ), I like and have liked Brooks and Chris equally, and I do agree with most people that Chris is ultimately the right choice for Des. However, one of the main reasons I enjoy watching this show is to figure out and analyze what really happened with these people emotionally, and then to discuss, ponder over, and yes, predict, what the state of their relationship(s) was, is and will be with other people who also enjoy it on an anonymous board. If this is considered "beating a dead horse", so be it. I also tend to think that it is the folks who are more invested (particularly if they are happy about the outcome), not less invested, who get upset at hearing points of view they disagree with and prefer if everyone "moved on".

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:34 pm

ironcat wrote:
Mandy61 wrote:Would you want to see all of the footage that the producers "created"?  The woman you love kissing all of those other guys, saying who knows what that the editors pasted together?  Why?  Chris was there, he saw what was going on, why does he need to see what this show considers entertainment?  Watching it on screen with his own eyes doesn't mean anything with a reality TV show because the majority of it wasn't real.  We have no idea what he was told by Des, she may have even told him the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  I guess I don't understand why it's so important that he sees it.

I agree with you that if Chris doesn't feel a need to watch the footage of Des with other guys, he absolutely shouldn't, and good for him that he is comfortable and confident in what they have together.

I am impartial about this season's outcome, I was never invested in, or a huge fan of, any contestant (well, I still think Juan Pablo is hot:fanningfan: ), I like and have liked Brooks and Chris equally, and I do agree with most people that Chris is ultimately the right choice for Des.  However, one of the main reasons I enjoy watching this show is to figure out and analyze what really happened with these people emotionally, and then to discuss, ponder over, and yes, predict, what the state of their relationship(s) was, is and will be with other people who also enjoy it on an anonymous board.  If this is considered "beating a dead horse", so be it.   I also tend to think that it is the folks who are more invested (particularly if they are happy about the outcome), not less invested, who get upset at hearing points of view they disagree with and prefer if everyone "moved on".
And the bold is why fan forums were created. I like to hang around the SeanCat fan page with the other fans...it is my HAPPY PLACE! Embarassed 

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 pm

sfrank wrote:Today at 7:29 am
I agree! If people want to be delusional so that they can have a their "fairy tale" ending, then let them! I have not seen anyone on this thread perpetuate any wild or dumb speculation -- just what we ALL saw...Des loved Brooks on the show. Period. The show is over and she is now telling anyone who will listen that she loves Chris. Great. They have their "love story" now. Good for them.

Despite all that, some need to twist the show too in order to be feel better about the "love story", I guess. It's kinda funny but also sad.
I don't get how it all comes down to the great love story that "WE ALL SAW" on our tv's when it isn't so.  Not all of us saw the Brooks/Des love story.  In fact MANY saw only the love story between Chris and Des as there was none that existed between Brooks and Des.  I know that when you get a fave, the objectivity of the sleuthing does get interfered with.  

How is it that others are being delusional who believe in the love story of Chris and Des and not with the make believe love story of Des and Brooks?

In sfranks post, it was said that on the Brooks thread there was no wild speculation.  I am sorry, but I have seen many speculations and delusional comments regarding Brooks on and off the show as well as the supposed love that HE had with Des.  Even him saying himself that he saw all the looks that Des gave Chris during the show and felt that Des and Chris would end up together.  Is that delusional too??

BarbB222 wrote:Because I'm hardly posting I need to respond to this. They come up with delusional scenarios because deep inside they too can't wrap their minds around how Des went from Brooks is the ONLY one to accepting Chris' proposal. They need a conspiracy theory to make things more palatable than Chris being the default. Now back to Brooks....
I got to ask, how in the heck do you know what is in my mind.  I never did see anything with Brooks at all and due to sleuthing, did see something between Des and Drew/Chris due to their pics being shown as to carrying on in Antigua.  The fact that there were no sc's of Brooks other than the limo/leaving shot, it led me to believe that Des was keeping Chris and Drew therefore I could see something happening between them in the finale and NOT Brooks.

BTW, I don't need a conspiracy theory for anything as I am only going on what I saw during the season and the ending I saw had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Brooks.

BTW, I really don't understand how people can watch the pics/videos of Des and Chris together and not see the love there. She absolutely GLOWS in love around Chris.

Last edited by Aunties_Love on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to add more to one post versus making several)

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48