SELECT CONTENT

Drew Discussion Group

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Discussion Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Drew Discussion Group

Post by sdmom Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:01 am

IrishGal wrote:Can someone bring over that incredible new modeling pic of Drew?  And to think he's a nice man too!   I agree he turned them down and that's why they minimized his role and talked trash about him. Their loss. I just do not for a second believe they chose JP over Drew.  It makes absolutely no logical sense.
You mean this one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 am

:Drool: Just no words. Thanks. I'm gonna have sweet dreams tonight.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:39 am

For whatever reason, I think they decided very EARLY on that they did NOT want Drew as the next LEAD. The only thing I can put my finger on is his very serious side. Whatever the reason, they limited his airtime intentionally in the beginning which slowed down the attachment to his character on the show. I know he has MANY fans but they didn't edit him in a way that would force their hand in bringing him back as TB. Cause lord knows, his physical beauty makes Sean and his abs look like sloppy seconds. Sorry, it isn't even a close race. IMO

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:54 am

mprssdbyu wrote:For whatever reason, I think they decided very EARLY on that they did NOT want Drew as the next LEAD. The only thing I can put my finger on is his very serious side. Whatever the reason, they limited his airtime intentionally in the beginning which slowed down the attachment to his character on the show. I know he has MANY fans but they didn't edit him in a way that would force their hand in bringing him back as TB. Cause lord knows, his physical beauty makes Sean and his abs look like sloppy seconds.  Sorry, it isn't even a close race. IMO
Good point. It is almost as though they pegged him for the Bach right off the bat and wanted him to play along and go far with no intention of pursuing Des for real but he wouldn't play. I would think he wouldn't want to lead her on if he had no intention of having a real relationship with her. He took his chances with Des and it didn't work out. I would be willing to bet Des had a host of handlers feeding her doubts about Drew so she didn't even let that relationship progress because she didn't trust it. Not that it would have changed things in the end though. I think that would also "explain" the tweets about being gay. What straight man would turn down the opportunity to date 25 women? Their way of getting back at him for not playing the game.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:35 am

Peppermom wrote:
mprssdbyu wrote:For whatever reason, I think they decided very EARLY on that they did NOT want Drew as the next LEAD. The only thing I can put my finger on is his very serious side. Whatever the reason, they limited his airtime intentionally in the beginning which slowed down the attachment to his character on the show. I know he has MANY fans but they didn't edit him in a way that would force their hand in bringing him back as TB. Cause lord knows, his physical beauty makes Sean and his abs look like sloppy seconds.  Sorry, it isn't even a close race. IMO
Good point.  It is almost as though they pegged him for the Bach right off the bat and wanted him to play along and go far with no intention of pursuing Des for real but he wouldn't play.  I would think he wouldn't want to lead her on if he had no intention of having a real relationship with her.  He took his chances with Des and it didn't work out.  I would be willing to bet Des had a host of handlers feeding her doubts about Drew so she didn't even let that relationship progress because she didn't trust it.  Not that it would have changed things in the end though.  I think that would also "explain" the tweets about being gay.  What straight man would turn down the opportunity to date 25 women?  Their way of getting back at him for not playing the game.
Interesting discussion.  I agree with mprssdbyu that Drew is serious guy… and maybe TPTB were concerned that his personality would damper a season.  Still, if you pair Drew with a house full of wild woman, you could get a very entertaining show!  :-)

I'm more inclined to think that it was something else that stopped TPTB; some way in which Drew refused to play their game...  as evidenced, as you suggest, by the unflattering tweets and fact that he was never a candidate for TB (weird, right??)  I don't think that him pursuing Des was what got in the way, since that makes a great story line (broken hearted guy still looking to find love), but I’m guessing it was something more subtle… like maybe he refused to go shirtless, gratuitously???  Hahahahahahaha.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:57 am

Also... I posted this in Drew's fan thread, but maybe it's better here to discuss...
I'm projecting wildly here, but do you think it's possible that Des was just overwhelmed with what Drew had to offer... he is really the whole package (minds out of the gutter!!) - looks, kindness, family man, career focused - and Des might have felt a little out of her league...??? I know I would....

SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 am

Late to this thread but I think it was simply that Drew came across as very serious, looked really young on camera and didn't have much of a personality. Not to mention they may have cought his resemblance to Jake once they began to look at the film.

The gay retweets by producers started after the show began I beleive. As stupid as it may seem, I think it was their way of stirring up controversy in what was a very boring season once they saw the audience reaction. That was what people were commenting on and they went with it. Personally I wasn't that drawn to him. He seemed nice but boring and I'm grateful he is not the next Bachelor.

Last edited by Sprite on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Zak about Drew in his interview:

Drew, there's a lot more to Drew than meets the eye and, you know, I'm hoping that more of that will come out, you know, in future episodes.  Drew has a great sense of humor, actually is very funny -- a very funny guy, good with -- you know, I think a lot of it is, you know -- you know, a lot of movie quotes obviously are not going to make it into the -- make it into the show and, you know, we were constantly throwing out quotes, and Drew was always around laughing, and more than that, he -- obviously, his hair is always perfect, never a hair out of place.
I believe someone else (Zack K?) tweeted something about edited Drew. Anyway just like many before him including Ben & Chris Lambton, they made Drew fairly one dimensional. It's probably just as well he's not TB.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by yrkiemommy Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:42 pm

albean99 wrote:Zak about Drew in his interview:

Drew, there's a lot more to Drew than meets the eye and, you know, I'm hoping that more of that will come out, you know, in future episodes.  Drew has a great sense of humor, actually is very funny -- a very funny guy, good with -- you know, I think a lot of it is, you know -- you know, a lot of movie quotes obviously are not going to make it into the -- make it into the show and, you know, we were constantly throwing out quotes, and Drew was always around laughing, and more than that, he -- obviously, his hair is always perfect, never a hair out of place.
I believe someone else (Zack K?) tweeted something about edited Drew. Anyway just like many before him including Ben & Chris Lambton, they made Drew fairly one dimensional. It's probably just as well he's not TB.
I"m sure there was more to him than seen on the show but you're right, he got the nice guy, but bland edit. He's definitely better off not being the bachelor although I wouldn't have minded seeing the side Zak saw of him. Heck, I wouldn't have minded seeing him on the tv screen, period.
yrkiemommy
yrkiemommy

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:17 am

I'm missing Drew. I'm still puzzled by why he isn't the next bach. JuanPa? Really?

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Huchmom3 Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 am

IrishGal wrote:I'm missing Drew.  I'm still puzzled by why he isn't the next bach.  JuanPa?  Really?  
Me too :Smiley: Maybe he turned them down, or filming conflicted with his modeling schedule, or... I don't know. I thought he would be the logical choice but no such luck. Although I am glad he will not be exposed to the crap from the show and the after math.
Huchmom3
Huchmom3

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:24 pm

I did want Drew to be the next lead but think this is for the best. He can find someone when it's the right time. I'm sure he'll have a ton of willing women.

I also wonder if he said no or made it clear he wasn't interested.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Discussion Group