Drew Discussion Group

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Discussion Group - Page 4 Empty Re: Drew Discussion Group

Post by misticia Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:45 am

SueSt wrote:
misticia wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
misticia wrote:I just discover this thread.
About Drew not being the next bachelor, my thoughts are tptb considered the fact that Drew was heartbroken after Des season. If we got akward gay tweets, we also had very respectfull tweets and statements about his personnality. I believe that the editing was intended to protect him. If you rre-watch the ATFR, he was perfectly clear about being in a recovering process after this hurtfull break-up.
So maybe TPTB simply considered he was not ready to be the Bachelor because he was still in love with Des (I know he said the opposite during ATFR but he said too he was "grieving" his relationship with Des)
Oh misticia,  what sweet comments.  You make me wish I wasn't such cynic about TPTB. I sincerely wish I could believe that they gave a hoot about Drew or his feelings.  I agree with you, he was still hurting at the AFTR. bestbud! 
Thanks Irishgal. I have also a little bit cynic part in my mind :-) Protecting Drew, TPTB also protected Des. She could have been appeared not as genuine as Drew. I noticed from the beginning of the season she was very physically attracted to Drew. And she dumped him just after the fantasy suite date...
Misticia, IrishGal, love this conversation! I think it's hard to balance what we wish was true about TPTB having a soul, with the history of TPTB and their ‘ratings at all costs’ machinations!
So, Misticia, since you bring up the FS… and in spite of Des being on record as saying she just talked in the FS - do you think Des slept with Drew? If not, who said no?
As we say in France, Sue, I didn't hold the candle that night ;-D
But I assume that they at least "tasted the water" (to speak like Des).
If someone said stop, I imagine this is Des. And you Sue, what do you think ?

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm

misticia wrote:
SueSt wrote:
misticia wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
misticia wrote:I just discover this thread.
About Drew not being the next bachelor, my thoughts are tptb considered the fact that Drew was heartbroken after Des season. If we got akward gay tweets, we also had very respectfull tweets and statements about his personnality. I believe that the editing was intended to protect him. If you rre-watch the ATFR, he was perfectly clear about being in a recovering process after this hurtfull break-up.
So maybe TPTB simply considered he was not ready to be the Bachelor because he was still in love with Des (I know he said the opposite during ATFR but he said too he was "grieving" his relationship with Des)
Oh misticia,  what sweet comments.  You make me wish I wasn't such cynic about TPTB. I sincerely wish I could believe that they gave a hoot about Drew or his feelings.  I agree with you, he was still hurting at the AFTR. bestbud! 
Thanks Irishgal. I have also a little bit cynic part in my mind :-) Protecting Drew, TPTB also protected Des. She could have been appeared not as genuine as Drew. I noticed from the beginning of the season she was very physically attracted to Drew. And she dumped him just after the fantasy suite date...
Misticia, IrishGal, love this conversation!  I think it's hard to balance what we wish was true about TPTB having a soul, with the history of TPTB and their ‘ratings at all costs’ machinations!  
So, Misticia, since you bring up the FS… and in spite of Des being on record as saying she just talked in the FS - do you think Des slept with Drew?  If not, who said no?
As we say in France, Sue, I didn't hold the candle that night ;-D
But I assume that they at least "tasted the water" (to speak like Des).
If someone said stop, I imagine this is Des. And you Sue, what do you think ?
Well….

Based on their body language leading up to the FS, I think they did (actually, I just can’t imagine that they didn’t… since I can’t imagine a scenario where I wouldn’t!!)… And if they did, what does that say about the experience that Des was ready to let Drew go immediately after? Was their time together somehow disappointing? Was it so much worse in relation to Des’ experience with Chris? Was it something else which made Des say she just knew something was not right with Drew? Sorry, more questions than answers!!! :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Wasn't the FD before her break up with Brooks with Brooks having the last FD? I'd be really surprised if Des would sleep with Drew or Chris because didn't she have her heart set on Brooks, at least at this point? I thought she was using the FD as time to just get to know them better....probably lots of kissing and talking. I know some people on the show sleep with everyone during the FD but I don't think Des would...JMO.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Rolly wrote:Wasn't the FD before her break up with Brooks with Brooks having the last FD? I'd be really surprised if Des would sleep with Drew or Chris because didn't she have her heart set on Brooks, at least at this point?  I thought she was using the FD as time to just get to know them better....probably lots of kissing and talking. I know some people on the show sleep with everyone during the FD but I don't think Des would...JMO.
Good point, Rolly. You could be correct.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Rolly wrote:Wasn't the FD before her break up with Brooks with Brooks having the last FD? I'd be really surprised if Des would sleep with Drew or Chris because didn't she have her heart set on Brooks, at least at this point?  I thought she was using the FD as time to just get to know them better....probably lots of kissing and talking. I know some people on the show sleep with everyone during the FD but I don't think Des would...JMO.
I agree with the bolded part. Another thing is, Drew seems to be a man of faith, just go read his tweets. So I don't think he would sleep with her during FD, not when she was dating two other men at the same time. IMO, of course.
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:26 pm

sdmom wrote:
I agree with the bolded part. Another thing is, Drew seems to be a man of faith, just go read his tweets. So I don't think he would sleep with her during FD, not when she was dating two other men at the same time. IMO, of course.
What do you mean, sdmom? Are you thinking Drew is a virgin?
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:39 pm

SueSt:
No, that's not what I mean. It's my personal opinion of course: but I feel like sex is an important part of a relationship, and I personally will not engage in it unless I feel my partner loves me as much as I love him. At FS, Drew didn't have an exclusive relationship with Des yet, I personally wouldn't do it if I knew very well she might possibly do it with others. This is my personal opinion only and I know other people probably think it differently and that's OK too. I hope this doesn't offend others. Sorry!
I hope I explain myself more clearly.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

sdmom wrote:SueSt:
No, that's not what I mean. It's my personal opinion of course: but I feel like sex is an important part of a relationship, and I personally will not engage in it unless I feel my partner loves me as much as I love him. At FS, Drew didn't have an exclusive relationship with Des yet, I personally wouldn't do it if I knew very well she might possibly do it with others. This is my personal opinion only and I know other people probably think it differently and that's OK too. I hope this doesn't offend others. Sorry!
You don't offend me in anyway... we're just having a conversation.

I agree that sex is a very important part of a relationship. I also think that Drew believed, at this point in their relationship, that Des loved him as much as he professed to love her. The FD night he told her he was ready to get down on his knees and propose; that he wanted to marry her…. That’s pretty serious and committed. I also believe that Drew felt he was the only one/the chosen one at this point and didn’t really have any doubt about himself or Des. The PI clips of him before their final date indicate total confidence and NO hesitation or doubt… so yes, I think he would have slept with her. It’s also why I agree with Misticia, that if anyone put the stop on sex, it was Des…

On the other hand, Rolly reminds us that Des was all in for Brooks at this point, so possibly/probably Des didn’t sleep with Drew... but not, in my opinion, because he wouldn’t have…
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:05 pm

SueSt wrote:
I agree that sex is a very important part of a relationship. I also think that Drew believed, at this point in their relationship, that Des loved him as much as he professed to love her. The FD night he told her he was ready to get down on his knees and propose; that he wanted to marry her…. That’s pretty serious and committed. I also believe that Drew felt he was the only one/the chosen one at this point and didn’t really have any doubt about himself or Des. The PI clips of him before their final date indicate total confidence and NO hesitation or doubt… so yes, I think he would have slept with her. It’s also why I agree with Misticia, that if anyone put the stop on sex, it was Des…
On the other hand, Rolly reminds us that Des was all in for Brooks at this point, so possibly/probably Des didn’t sleep with Drew... but not, in my opinion, because he wouldn’t have…
Good point Sue. IMO, they had a little bit more than kissing but she said at some step stop to save the relationship she thought she had with Brooks.
Drew seems to me a very physical man and I can't imagine he didn't try to get lucky in that field with Des before proposing.

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm

misticia wrote:
SueSt wrote:
I agree that sex is a very important part of a relationship.  I also think that Drew believed, at this point in their relationship, that Des loved him as much as he professed to love her.  The FD night he told her he was ready to get down on his knees and propose; that he wanted to marry her…. That’s pretty serious and committed.  I also believe that Drew felt he was the only one/the chosen one at this point and didn’t really have any doubt about himself or Des.  The PI clips of him before their final date indicate total confidence and NO hesitation or doubt… so yes, I think he would have slept with her.  It’s also why I agree with Misticia, that if anyone put the stop on sex, it was Des…  
Good point Sue. IMO, they had a little bit more than kissing but she said at some step stop to save the relationship she thought she had with Brooks.
Drew seems to me a very physical man and I can't imagine he didn't try to get lucky in that field with Des before proposing.
hahahahhaha Misticia, I can't imagine it either!! :-)
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Very interesting but I'd like to point out that the show was edited to make us think Des was all about Brooks. Given the ending, I rather doubt that was actually the case. giggling 

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 pm

IrishGal wrote:Very interesting but I'd like to point out that the show was edited to make us think Des was all about Brooks.  Given the ending, I rather doubt that was actually the case. giggling 
IrishGal, I'm sure I'm being a dolt about this, but in this case, personally, I can't imagine the possibility of the edit driving the story. Yes, the edit could intensify the story, but based on Des' words that she was in love with Brooks, wanted Brooks to propose, couldn't really get into her dates with other guys because she was thinking of Brooks, etc... I don't see how these definitive statements can be misconstrued to mean anything but that Des wanted Brooks as her #1… I’m pretty sure you’re more comfortable with the ending than I am… but to me it rang false… that Chris was Des’ #2, pure and simple.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Discussion Group

+16
misticia