SELECT CONTENT

Drew Discussion Group

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Discussion Group - Page 3 Empty Re: Drew Discussion Group

Post by IrishGal Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:42 pm

I've thought he turned them down ever since Millsy started making rude tweets about him. He's better off without them.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I thought so too, IG. He turned them down and they then had to scramble. I bet they were never counting on that, and they figured that if she chose Brooks, they'd have their choice of Drew or Chris.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 pm

I doubt the producers had to scramble. Drew was not an obvious choice...too quiet, too dull, too stiff, too young looking and a reminder of Jake the fake. I'm sure he was initially considered...as are all the finalists...but, I don't get the feel that he is the one they were counting on otherwise they would have promoted him more in the edit and post show blogs and other publicity.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Unless he made it clear early on that he didn't approve of their methods and wouldn't ever agree to be lead. Guess we'll never know for sure. :Smiley: 

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 pm

I doubt the producers had to scramble.
Then why didnt JuanPa at the very least have one 1 on 1 date? They must have been counting on either having Drew or Chris. Des took care of eliminating Chris from the possibility. Drew must have said "no thanks" after Juan Pa was already eliminated.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Don't you think Drew was pretty sick of this show at the end of it? I'm sure he probably saw lots of manipulations from TPTB that probably turned him off. Plus the way he was let go at the end I would think didn't sit well. I like Drew and I hope he finds what he's looking for. I'm glad he isn't the next bachelor.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 am

tigertiz wrote:
 Then why didnt JuanPa at the very least have one 1 on 1 date?  They must have been counting on either having Drew or Chris.   Des took care of eliminating Chris from the possibility.  Drew must have said "no thanks" after Juan Pa was already eliminated.
Exactly. They have never in my memory had a new lead who hadn't had a 1-1 date since they started recycling. My memory may be faulty! Jake was F6 but he did have a 1-1 date, didn't he? I didn't watch that season.

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:38 am

IrishGal wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
 Then why didnt JuanPa at the very least have one 1 on 1 date?  They must have been counting on either having Drew or Chris.   Des took care of eliminating Chris from the possibility.  Drew must have said "no thanks" after Juan Pa was already eliminated.
Exactly.  They have never in my memory had a new lead who hadn't had a 1-1 date since they started recycling.  My memory may be faulty!  Jake was F6 but he did have a 1-1 date, didn't he?  I didn't watch that season.
Yes, Jake had one of the first dates will Jillian. It was a country western date with dancing and awkward kissing.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 am

I just discover this thread.

About Drew not being the next bachelor, my thoughts are tptb considered the fact that Drew was heartbroken after Des season. If we got akward gay tweets, we also had very respectfull tweets and statements about his personnality. I believe that the editing was intended to protect him. If you rre-watch the ATFR, he was perfectly clear about being in a recovering process after this hurtfull break-up.

So maybe TPTB simply considered he was not ready to be the Bachelor because he was still in love with Des (I know he said the opposite during ATFR but he said too he was "grieving" his relationship with Des)

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:02 am

misticia wrote:I just discover this thread.

About Drew not being the next bachelor, my thoughts are tptb considered the fact that Drew was heartbroken after Des season. If we got akward gay tweets, we also had very respectfull tweets and statements about his personnality. I believe that the editing was intended to protect him. If you rre-watch the ATFR, he was perfectly clear about being in a recovering process after this hurtfull break-up.

So maybe TPTB simply considered he was not ready to be the Bachelor because he was still in love with Des (I know he said the opposite during ATFR but he said too he was "grieving" his relationship with Des)
Oh misticia, what sweet comments. You make me wish I wasn't such cynic about TPTB. I sincerely wish I could believe that they gave a hoot about Drew or his feelings. I agree with you, he was still hurting at the AFTR. bestbud! 

IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by misticia Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:22 am

IrishGal wrote:

Oh misticia, what sweet comments. You make me wish I wasn't such cynic about TPTB. I sincerely wish I could believe that they gave a hoot about Drew or his feelings. I agree with you, he was still hurting at the AFTR. bestbud! 
Thanks Irishgal. I have also a little bit cynic part in my mind :-) Protecting Drew, TPTB also protected Des. She could have been appeared not as genuine as Drew. I noticed from the beginning of the season she was very physically attracted to Drew. And she dumped him just after the fantasy suite date...

misticia

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:59 am

misticia wrote:
IrishGal wrote:

Oh misticia,  what sweet comments.  You make me wish I wasn't such cynic about TPTB. I sincerely wish I could believe that they gave a hoot about Drew or his feelings.  I agree with you, he was still hurting at the AFTR. bestbud! 
Thanks Irishgal. I have also a little bit cynic part in my mind :-) Protecting Drew, TPTB also protected Des. She could have been appeared not as genuine as Drew. I noticed from the beginning of the season she was very physically attracted to Drew. And she dumped him just after the fantasy suite date...
Misticia, IrishGal, love this conversation! I think it's hard to balance what we wish was true about TPTB having a soul, with the history of TPTB and their ‘ratings at all costs’ machinations!

So, Misticia, since you bring up the FS… and in spite of Des being on record as saying she just talked in the FS - do you think Des slept with Drew? If not, who said no?
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Discussion Group

+16
misticia