SELECT CONTENT

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by carolinezep Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:33 pm

I thought it just made JJ look really bad .  Why would you even repeat something offensive like that on TV... especially since he wasn't sure what the word was, it's like he made up the word. Whatever... he's gone next week laugh out loud. I really don't like this season... I find Andi and the guys irritating.

carolinezep

Back to top Go down

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Steel2009 wrote:
chloep wrote:Just throwing it out there.... JJ actually capped it when Andrew (supposedly) said that "of course, the two blackies get a rose"

JJ O'Brien @mrjjobrien  ·  20h
in case you don't have ep 1 saved on your DVR - here is a screenshot of the moment...and I wasn't that drunk

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 9 BqSq5rCCEAI7OIP

WOW!  

Just because there is a screen cap moment caught that corresponds does not mean that is what was said. We all know how producers like to manipulate things...and awkward, outcast JJ is ripe for their manipulative pickings. JJ did say that he had been drinking and wasn't sure what exactly was said....one statement very inflammatory and the other not so much. Anyone familiar with errors in witness reporting can understand how this whole thing probably came about. As much as I don't care for Andrew, the term that he was accused of speaking reeks of the 50's/60's, not a professional modern guy...no matter how much of a duche.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Sprite wrote:
Steel2009 wrote:
chloep wrote:Just throwing it out there.... JJ actually capped it when Andrew (supposedly) said that "of course, the two blackies get a rose"

in case you don't have ep 1 saved on your DVR - here is a screenshot of the moment...and I wasn't that drunk

WOW!  

Just because there is a screen cap moment caught that corresponds does not mean that is what was said. We all know how producers like to manipulate things...and awkward, outcast JJ is ripe for their manipulative pickings. JJ did say that he had been drinking and wasn't sure what exactly was said....one statement very inflammatory and the other not so much. Anyone familiar with errors in witness reporting can understand how this whole thing probably came about. As much as I don't care for Andrew, the term that he was accused of speaking reeks of the 50's/60's, not a professional modern guy...no matter how much of a duche.

I actually have no problem believing Andrew would say that because Cathy Kelly (of Afterbuzztv) told a story this week of a friend who met Andrew and he called Andi the c word during that convo.

Even if Andrew simply said "black guys" it still it's a nice sentiment.

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 9 87b72b10 JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 9 86669110 JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:15 pm

umngirl wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Steel2009 wrote:

WOW!  

I actually have no problem believing Andrew would say that because Cathy Kelly (of Afterbuzztv) told a story this week of a friend who met Andrew and he called Andi the c word during that convo.

WOW. I figured he would be a dbag.

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:40 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:^^ I have to agree. JJ is a pot stirrer. I am pretty sure that Andrew is educated, has good job at Facebook and lives in metropolitan area in CA so I am giving him the benefit of doubt that he's not a racist and just doesn't talk that way. I am NO Andrew fan whatsoever but I just can't imagine any guy in this day and age using that kind of offensive language ... especially when he just met JJ that night and was being filmed.  

If someone says that TPTB captured the discussion on tape, so be it ... but almost makes me think that they did not if they had JJ give that ITM saying he wasn't "sure" but willing to go on live TV to make claim!

... Wow, no wonder the guy had friend issues in school ...

Very bad all around and can't believe that TPTB used that to stir up drama when it really could be damaging to Andrew's career/personal life outside of filming as opposed to the drama stirred up about Nick whose "fault" was he didn't want to mime.

Written before I saw the follow up remarks:

Andrew may not be racist, but he does come across like a complete jerk, and that would not be unusual at all for a guy in his position.  Too much money and too much success at a very young age surrounded by people with weak social skills is not a good combination.  Most of those guys don't really grow up or become decent people until well into their thirties.

Yes, JJ is a pot stirrer, I think like Andi he enjoys mind games, but he is also too smart (look up this guy's history) to use something for which there is zero basis.

I also think the new tweet makes it clear JJ was NOT just following producer prodding with this one.  

Added:  Totally possible, like Chloep suggested, that a producer conversation got him thinking harder about telling Marquel, but he is now far out of the bubble and he is still clearly serious about calling the guy out for whatever reason.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Bachelorette Preview: JJ Shows His True Colors -- a Shade of Sour Grapes!

http://tvline.com/2014/06/19/the-bachelorette-video-preview-jj-chris-argue-over-andi/

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Oh sourpuss, pot-stirring J.J. You never had a chance anyway.no no  On the flip side, wtg Chris!clapping!

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:02 am

dw_a_mom wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:^^ I have to agree. JJ is a pot stirrer. I am pretty sure that Andrew is educated, has good job at Facebook and lives in metropolitan area in CA so I am giving him the benefit of doubt that he's not a racist and just doesn't talk that way. I am NO Andrew fan whatsoever but I just can't imagine any guy in this day and age using that kind of offensive language ... especially when he just met JJ that night and was being filmed.  

If someone says that TPTB captured the discussion on tape, so be it ... but almost makes me think that they did not if they had JJ give that ITM saying he wasn't "sure" but willing to go on live TV to make claim!

... Wow, no wonder the guy had friend issues in school ...

Very bad all around and can't believe that TPTB used that to stir up drama when it really could be damaging to Andrew's career/personal life outside of filming as opposed to the drama stirred up about Nick whose "fault" was he didn't want to mime.

Written before I saw the follow up remarks:

Andrew may not be racist, but he does come across like a complete jerk, and that would not be unusual at all for a guy in his position.  Too much money and too much success at a very young age surrounded by people with weak social skills is not a good combination.  Most of those guys don't really grow up or become decent people until well into their thirties.

Yes, JJ is a pot stirrer, I think like Andi he enjoys mind games, but he is also too smart (look up this guy's history) to use something for which there is zero basis.

I also think the new tweet makes it clear JJ was NOT just following producer prodding with this one.  

Added:  Totally possible, like Chloep suggested, that a producer conversation got him thinking harder about telling Marquel, but he is now far out of the bubble and he is still clearly serious about calling the guy out for whatever reason.

Once done, it is hard to undo. He called someone out on national TV for a very ugly incident...how would it look if he now says it was a mistake/he misheard/producers put him up to it? He has to stick with his story or it will make him look like an even bigger a** than he already does. Even if he was originally unsure, by now he believes whatever he talked himself into saying.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:10 am

ThankMeLater wrote:
umngirl wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Steel2009 wrote:

WOW!  

WOW. I figured he would be a dbag.

I wasn't saying that Andrew may not have said "black guys", which in itself is racist, or something else along those lines, just not that particular word which is very, very, very old school and not something, IMO, someone his age would say. I have no problem believing that he would use the c word....that is exactly along the lines of what someone his age would say. Either way, he is still a douche.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinezep Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Sprite wrote:
I wasn't saying that Andrew may not have said "black guys", which in itself is racist, or something else along those lines, just not that particular word which is very, very, very old school and not something, IMO, someone his age would say. I have no problem believing that he would use the c word....that is exactly along the lines of what someone his age would say. Either way, he is still a douche.

Totally agree with this.  C*** isn't a nice word but people use it all the time.  I've never even heard the term "blackie" before...bizarre sounding.  And just because JJ may have been a decent student at one time doesn't excuse him from anything (honestly, from someone who went to one, there are a lot of idiots at top MBA programs... they are probably the graduate programs that care the least about academic performance and more about things like outgoing personality, weird pantsapreneur ambitions, etc.

Last edited by carolinezep on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

carolinezep

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:18 pm

ITA Sprite. JJ providing a picture of the situation is not proof of what was said, it is still hearsay, no one else can attest to what Andrew said to JJ at that time. Adrew being a d- with a propensity to say "sh**ty" words like that is still speculation. I think Marquel handled the situation well. He had no proof so he didn't attack Andrew, he asked him, albeit probably not satisfied with Andrew's response, realized it's a he-said, he-said situation so Marquel moved on. Great example of conflict resolution.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 pm

He posted this on twitter I suppose in response to the preview for next week

I guess some people think #TheBachelorette vintage 1983 has gone bad. I think it's still just maturing... http://tvline.com/2014/06/19/the-bachelorette-video-preview-jj-chris-argue-over-andi/ …

His twitter page is rather disgusting..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

+32
umngirl
sbolduc
MVMom39forever
carolinezep
Cecilia