SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 39 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 39 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:22 am

New episode is up! Yehey!

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 39 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:30 am

Watched it on amazon. I've buying the eps there so I can rewatch them afterwards and not be locked out like the FYI site does.

I was relieved to see the interaction with Jamie and Doug's Mom. I hope they continue to bond.

Monet and Vaughn continue to be " hot and cold" but I do see some progress there. The fact that he finally did the brunch thing and it was not a bad experience, made me hopeful.

Cortney brought up a good point with her friend. With Stage 4 lung cancer, Jason's Mom is NOT going to get better. He will really regret it if he does not let the 2 women meet before his Mother passes away.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 am

I think two of the three couples will make it...especially Jamie and Doug. Doug is yummy.... 

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

What's interesting is that the Edit/Storyline is focused on issues that make a marriage succeed or fail, one chapter at a time (moving in, family/social, finances, etc.)

What that means is that for this third (is that all!!) week of real world marriage whatever else was going on in the (7 x 24 hours = A LOT of ... )  time span, the focus of the 40 or so minutes of airtime was family and friends (plus the cooking lesson thing). So we missed a lot of what probably was going on in other spheres.

My worry for Vaughn/Monet is that sex drive is great coupled with friendship, communication, intimacy and commitment.  Once the artificial commitment bond supplied by the Show Format/Contracts evaporates, infidelity would be a risk factor unless some real trust happened.

On the other hand, trust is not going to happen in 3 weeks or 3 months.  

The Denmark experiment may be where this ends up ... viable relationships but not marriages.  ) :  

As entertainment, it is super-watchable and interesting.  Kudos to production for selecting highly qualified/professional advisors (except that "spiritual" guy, he hasn't had much to say), and pairing and casting these couples.  The show is quite well done.  

It has no Cheese Factor, which is astonishing.  It is quite sincere.

Last edited by jlccaz on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:29 pm

jlccaz wrote:What's interesting is that the Edit/Storyline is focused on issues that make a marriage succeed or fail, one chapter at a time (moving in, family/social, finances, etc.)

What that means is that for this third (is that all!!) week of real world marriage whatever else was going on in the (7 x 24 hours = A LOT of ... )  time span, the focus of the 40 or so minutes of airtime was family and friends (plus the cooking lesson thing).

My worry for Vaughn/Monet is that sex drive is great coupled with friendship, communication, intimacy and commitment.  Once the artificial commitment bond supplied by the Show Format/Contracts evaporates, infidelity would be a risk factor unless some real trust happened.

On the other hand, trust is not going to happen in 3 weeks or 3 months.  

The Denmark experiment may be where this ends up ... viable relationships but not marriages.  ) :  

As entertainment, it is super-watchable and interesting.  Kudos to production for selecting highly qualified/professional advisors (except that "spiritual" guy, he hasn't had much to say), and pairing and casting these couples.  The show is quite well done.  

It has no Cheese Factor, which is astonishing.  It is quite sincere.  

LOVE the points made in this quote.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : site rules---promoting a personal link/blog.)

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

How much do you love Doug? I loved how, as they were sitting in the trailer doorway and Jamie said she needed to be alone, he hugged her, said he would walk Lady and let her have time alone. BUT, be fore he did that he gave her leg one final touch as if to say, "I'm going, but I am here for you if you need me."

I hope she opens her eyes and sees what a caring young man they have matched her to. (It seems like she may have from some of her Twitter comments.)
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:09 pm

I think Jamie is in love with Doug. Her instagram/twitter feed indicate that. I don't think she would deceive her fans like that.

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 39 Empty Edit, schmedit, so what is really real? Will they make it?

Post by mimitalks Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Just my opinion. I'm not sold on all the drama shown in the previews. The women or men saying something - the next frame is a reaction. It is clear those promos are highly edited - just like TV series' promos. Wait! This is a TV show. Look how the promos showed that visit with Doug's family was going to be possibly - and it was great. I do believe it is shown that she is beginning to trust Doug at this point in her marriage. It is shown she seems to be falling in love with him and he her. I've never been in her situation, but can imagine how much that affects someone in all of his/her relationships. Doug is human. He must have some faults, though at this point (up through episode 7) we haven't been shown them. For that matter we haven't been shown any of Jamie's - other than relative to how she pictures everything in the context of her troubled past. The question seems to be will she grab on to everything she's ever wanted when it is staring her right in the face? He seems to be edited as being in this for the long haul.

Monet and Vaughn, I haven't a clue. The edit focuses on Vaughn being focused on sex, but you hear him talk to the camera about wanting it to work - almost being presented as a different person. The edit shows Monet is focused on him not valuing her as a person. They argue a lot - that seems to be their edit. Even the food lesson seemed to focus on sex. They have not been really tested in this marriage, and no way that would happen within 5 weeks. No one will grow old, the libido will not wane, in all probability a family member won't have cancer or one of them have to go in the hospital or Vaughn or Monet lose their job in the time period given. In that aspect their issues are just growing adjusted to being two instead of one and all that encompasses in their daily life. Like I said, they haven't been shown being tested in any other aspect - because there isn't anything to deal with but them being together in a marriage. Just one that is on a time clock, with 4 relationship experts in the wings in case of problems.

Jason and Cortney are a puzzle. They have shared affection and appreciation for each other and value things in each other. We've also not been shown any real issues they have personality wise on a more surface level (unless you count the hanger thing). They are actively working on the relationship, but she is shown seeming to want deeper level things now and has started focusing on that. That conversation with her friend has brought the mom situation to the forefront. She also seems to want him to commit to having kids now (not have them now, but commit to that now - just edit?). I don't see that it has been shown that he hasn't. Like many men he is shown to be focusing on providing for them as a couple (all new to both him and her). He has not been shown to not want kids. As for his mother - how many couples first starting out have that situation? I can only offer an opinion as to how he is shown dealing with it and her reaction to that. My husband's mom had pancreatic cancer, and I tried to be there for him. The fact is that is a separate relationship - a son and mom - one the man has had his entire life.  Whether or not a husband is ready to open that door to some of his deepest emotions in a relationship around 3 weeks old should not determine if the marriage will work or not. Strictly my opinion.

Marriage is for a lifetime in my book - with the exception of abuse or infidelity (abuse should never be tolerated, though I have seen couples make it through infidelity). I am torn between being fascinated with observing how this is playing out (in front of our eyes, seemingly edited in its promotion but we see real conversations and events happen and people actually eat in this show) - and not being comfortable with divorce being presented as an option. The clock is ticking toward the deadline, and at least 2 couples are edited as being aware of it.

Plus we have all 6 people tweeting publically, everyone posting pictures, the experts posting about the "experiment" in real time.

Last edited by mimitalks on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar police - it is probably not error-free still...)

mimitalks

Female Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by mimitalks Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Thomigirl wrote:Methinks that the previews are employing a bit of TB editing tactics. Just like the preview for last night's episode made it seem like Jason wasn't happy with Cortney's burlesque performance, I think Jamie's 'immature' comments are taken out of context.

Bolded mine. I was thinking that, too. Could she have been relaying something she heard her mom say to a man? Who knows? The previews seem edited, definitely.

mimitalks

Female Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Ok, it's killing me. I saw one other person mention it on twitter - did anyone else hear Doug say "I love you" as they were getting off of the phone while Jamie was grocery shopping?

Knowing how phobic she is, I just hope she realizes he is patient enough to wait for her to love him back. This isn't the Bachelor. Yes, you're legally married, but give it more than five weeks, say yes to the possibility of fighting for forever. I think they do, judging by social media, but I am NOT looking forward to an argument next week as previewed. I *hope* those comments were taken out of context, but I think what they were wearing in this preview matches the scene in the season preview where she says something like "Don't talk to me that way" then he sits on the couch and she's in the bed room... *sigh*

As for Jason & Courtney, I see editing stomping all over that relationship. Or what they're letting us see of it. It is clear that Cortney is all in. Her heart seems big, caring and wide open. She wants to take care of Jason, be a safe place. But, what is Jason feeling? They are not showing much of his inner thoughts or feelings, at all. Curious. I also wonder about not knowing his mom's name...

Monet & Vaughn continue to frustrate me. I just fundamentally think they are both completely wrong for this format and I have felt that from the first episode. They are both too strong willed and controlling to give in on anything. I don't know how they would make a marriage work without killing each other?
Secret
Secret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:01 pm

emusha wrote:are there online links to watch?

Just discovered this show today on hulu and I'm hooked. Found the first episodes on YT..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fhxzDl0vIw

Back to top Go down

Post by marriedtoabaritone Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

I've noticed with Monet and Vaughn that the editing of their conversations is done very craftily. One of them will say something, then we'll get the first few words of a response before the audio cuts out and one of the experts starts talking about their problems. Even the whole shot of Monet waking up in bed alone after the girl's night makes it *appear* that Vaughn never even came home, though he was likely already at work or in another part of the apartment.

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls PINKHEART
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie