SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 40 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 am

The recap today on That's_Normal written by Emily has some really good points. It's cool that the cast and experts of MAFS tweet this link. Jamie,Cortney and Dr C all follow this writer.

For the admins here, this is not a personal blog. This site's writers recap a lot of different shows.
Here's the link.
Ep 7 recap

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 40 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by Litta123 Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:43 am

Secret wrote:Ok, it's killing me.  I saw one other person mention it on twitter - did anyone else hear Doug say "I love you" as they were getting off of the phone while Jamie was grocery shopping?

Knowing how phobic she is, I just hope she realizes he is patient enough to wait for her to love him back.  This isn't the Bachelor.  Yes, you're legally married, but give it more than five weeks, say yes to the possibility of fighting for forever.  I think they do, judging by social media, but I am NOT looking forward to an argument next week as previewed.  I *hope* those comments were taken out of context, but I think what they were wearing in this preview matches the scene in the season preview where she says something like "Don't talk to me that way" then he sits on the couch and she's in the bed room... *sigh*

As for Jason & Courtney, I see editing stomping all over that relationship. Or what they're letting us see of it.  It is clear that Cortney is all in.  Her heart seems big, caring and wide open.  She wants to take care of Jason, be a safe place.  But, what is Jason feeling?  They are not showing much of his inner thoughts or feelings, at all.  Curious.  I also wonder about not knowing his mom's name...

Monet & Vaughn continue to frustrate me.  I just fundamentally think they are both completely wrong for this format and I have felt that from the first episode.  They are both too strong willed and controlling to give in on anything.  I don't know how they would make a marriage work without killing each other?

One thing that I notice about Courtney's PI's, specifically, is that they are often being done in the same location, but different outfits. However, I haven't been paying too close of attention in order to definitively state the chronological order of her outfits. My point is that her comment about not knowing Jason's mother's name might actually have been made in the early days of their marriage...perhaps even right after renting the apartment. She was wearing a light gray sweater when she stated it. Then it went on to show Courtney and Jason at the burlesque show with VOs, followed by another Courtney PI wearing black. Thus it's possible that J&C aren't three weeks into the marriage for all those comments being shown, though the episode implies it.

Perhaps it's fair to say the storyline we are being shown has been edited to create suspense and develop the obstacles each couple had to overcome. It might be fair also to say that the classic bachelor manipulations to each couple aren't being done. The experts claim they want the couples to be successful and try to assist them along the way. Thus, the bachelor editing/storytelling is in effect to create doubt/interest in the viewer, but just not the behind the scenes manipulations of the couples to create the fake drama. My working theory at the moment...

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 40 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by marriedtoabaritone Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:46 am

I completely agree that the manipulations are for the viewer's "benefit" and not for the couples' detriment. I'd be interested in seeing some sleuthing for PIs. Smiley

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls PINKHEART
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Alex McCord has now started doing her video recap the day after. Great points about the relationships and editing.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by TennLdy1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Secret wrote:Ok, it's killing me.  I saw one other person mention it on twitter - did anyone else hear Doug say "I love you" as they were getting off of the phone while Jamie was grocery shopping?

Secret, I heard it but I thought my ears were deceiving me.  I'm glad to hear someone else heard it.

TennLdy1

Female Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaPete Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:34 pm

TennLdy1 wrote:

Secret, I heard it but I thought my ears were deceiving me.  I'm glad to hear someone else heard it.

I just went and re-watched/listened to that portion. I believe that Doug says, "I'll be home." Not "I love you."

Can't we just all get along?
LindaPete
LindaPete

Female Posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by marriedtoabaritone Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:51 pm

LindaPete wrote:
TennLdy1 wrote:

I just went and re-watched/listened to that portion. I believe that Doug says, "I'll be home." Not "I love you."

I watch with the captions on, and he definitely said, "I'll be home." I think he loves her (or is falling in love with her), but doesn't want to scare her off.

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls PINKHEART
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:53 pm

So I am not watching this show, but is this Alex McCord from RHONY?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:18 pm

marriedtoabaritone wrote:
LindaPete wrote:
TennLdy1 wrote:

I watch with the captions on, and he definitely said, "I'll be home." I think he loves her (or is falling in love with her), but doesn't want to scare her off.

Ok, that makes sense. It would surprise me if they showed it if he was saying it, so I was really surprised! It's the Bachelor watcher in me, my ears perked up!

I'll have to rewatch listening for home.  yes 
Secret
Secret

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 am

I thought I heard it too but I couldn't believe that they would leave it there so I didn't think too much about it. I will rewatch and check.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:51 am

Secret wrote:
marriedtoabaritone wrote:
LindaPete wrote:

Ok, that makes sense.  It would surprise me if they showed it if he was saying it, so I was really surprised!  It's the Bachelor watcher in me, my ears perked up!

I'll have to rewatch listening for home.  yes 

Captioning says one thing, my ears told me another. Also when they had breakfast in bed after the wedding night. They were talking about her freaking out and she commented about crying. My ears heard him tell her she had cute tears, though caption said a few tears, which did not make sense to me in that conversation.

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:40 am

IMO, Monet and Vaughn made two mistakes.  The first one was focusing more on physical compatibility before determine emotional compatibility.  The second was not getting an apartment together.  They both are still in the me, my & I stage instead on the we, ours and us stage.  I actually believe they could make at great marriage once they are able merge their lives together. They continue to talk about and through things, and that a huge plus.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie