SELECT CONTENT

Movie Mania - Discussion

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie Mania - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Admin Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:15 am

Has anyone seen The Vow? I want to see it so bad, but I can't find the time to right now!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm

San wrote:Has anyone seen The Vow? I want to see it so bad, but I can't find the time to right now!
I saw it and was sadly disappointed. It was a true story so guess it had to be shown that way. I thought it was going to be a happy love story. Some how you left feeling sad. If you are Channing fan you will love him in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 pm

sweptaway wrote:
San wrote:Has anyone seen The Vow? I want to see it so bad, but I can't find the time to right now!
I saw it and was sadly disappointed. It was a true story so guess it had to be shown that way. I thought it was going to be a happy love story. Some how you left feeling sad. If you are Channing fan you will love him in it.

I concur with sweptaway. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. I would probably go rental on this one San. Something was missing in the character development for me.
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Litta123 wrote:
sweptaway wrote:

I concur with sweptaway. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. I would probably go rental on this one San. Something was missing in the character development for me.

Thanks. I saw this couple the book was based on Inside Edition and they seemed to have a happy marriage now. So the movie was changed and doesn't follow the book?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks y'all! Smiley
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Love_Me wrote:Thanks. I saw this couple the book was based on Inside Edition and they seemed to have a happy marriage now. So the movie was changed and doesn't follow the book?

I didn't read the book so I can't answer that directly Love_Me, but I think what makes the movie sad is **spoiler...stop reading if you don't want to know** that the wife never does regain her memory which parallels real life. IRL,they stayed married and rebuilt their life together...even had kids. What made the movie not work for me was that I didn't find myself being invested in the couple...something just seemed off in the characters.

Here's a link to the Today Show's interview of the real couple. http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2012/02/19/the-true-story-behind-the-movie-the-vow/
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:30 am

Litta123 wrote:
Love_Me wrote:Thanks. I saw this couple the book was based on Inside Edition and they seemed to have a happy marriage now. So the movie was changed and doesn't follow the book?

I didn't read the book so I can't answer that directly Love_Me, but I think what makes the movie sad is **spoiler...stop reading if you don't want to know** that the wife never does regain her memory which parallels real life. IRL,they stayed married and rebuilt their life together...even had kids. What made the movie not work for me was that I didn't find myself being invested in the couple...something just seemed off in the characters.

Here's a link to the Today Show's interview of the real couple. http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2012/02/19/the-true-story-behind-the-movie-the-vow/

Thank you Litta123 bowdown
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks for the link. I will skip The Vow. This interview is all I needed to know. Pretty cool story but once you know the story the movie isn't necessary. :)

If anyone hasn't see The Descendants, it was my favorite movie in this last batch along with The Help.
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm

We saw Act of Valor yesterday. Awesome movie. Made me cry. Props and a world of thanks to those who put themselves in the position these men do on a daily basis so we can have all the freedoms we enjoy.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Peppermom wrote:We saw Act of Valor yesterday. Awesome movie. Made me cry. Props and a world of thanks to those who put themselves in the position these men do on a daily basis so we can have all the freedoms we enjoy.
I agree I have seen it the last two weekends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Is anyone going to see The Lucky One Friday? I read the book and thought it was really good. So I'm excited to see the movie now!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 pm

San wrote:Is anyone going to see The Lucky One Friday? I read the book and thought it was really good. So I'm excited to see the movie now!
Can't wait to see this one. Love Sparks movies, for some reason not the books so much. My daughter drug me to see The Cabin movie last weekend. Gotta be up there with the dumbest movie I have seen. Pretty sure The lucky one will probably make my home video pile too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Movie Mania - Discussion

+33
Newto
alwaystulips
sparkler