SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Page 65 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hottub - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 65 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by sdmom Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:18 pm

I must be in the minority and this probably is not a popular opinion here: IF Ben does DWTS then that's his third realty show in a row, does this make him a fame seeker? Does he need to take more time off or even quit his job? I know the money is probably too good to refuse, but I'd rather him to return back to his normal life and work on his relationship with his f1. JMO.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

hottub - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 65 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by bluwavz Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:30 pm

I think it's just probably too good an opportunity for him to pass up and it probably won't happen for him again. I don't think it's the number of reality shows you do that necessarily makes you a fame seeker, more your reasoning for why you're doing them and what types of reality shows you're choosing to go on.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:40 pm

sdmom wrote:I must be in the minority and this probably is not a popular opinion here: IF Ben does DWTS then that's his third realty show in a row, does this make him a fame seeker? Does he need to take more time off or even quit his job? I know the money is probably too good to refuse, but I'd rather him to return back to his normal life and work on his relationship with his f1. JMO.

Yes, it does, IMO, and Ben is just as fame/opportunity-seeking as the rest of them (he didn't need to be on TV to find a wife that's for sure). BUT... Ben just happens to be more "likable" so his fame/opportunity-seeking doesn't come off as negatively as others may come off.

It's why I say for all these leads/contestants that it's just different strokes for different folks because when a lead/contestant is likable, their choices are usually justified no matter what—even though, technically speaking, they are ALL fame-hungry if they choose to do more TV.

So it purely comes down to who I like rather than how often they are on TV/etc. Because they all do it if given the chance and if not, perhaps they weren't given the chance or didn't take it. But not doing more reality TV doesn't make them better or more likable people, IMO. In fact, I can think of a lot of leads/contestants that I don't care for who never did more reality TV.  :Nod:

Bottom line is... I say take all the opportunities one can while one can. As long as they are likable to me, I am all for it (otherwise less of the people I don't care for on my screen the better).   yes

JMO

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:41 pm

I feel like the bachelor/bachelorette/DWTS is kind of a package deal nowadays. Especially DWTS seems like it's done more for the money than the fame. It's also much better than Couples Therapy/MBC/Famously Single/etc, because it's a show where you don't have to expose personal details, degrade yourself in anyway, or put on an act. Jillian said that she was offered it and turned it down because of her relationship with Ed and she really regretted it, so I think Ben should go for it! Most people seem to really enjoy it and make good friends during that time. Now, if he and Lauren show up on a Couples Therapy later this year or he comes out with a line of watches or T-shirts, I'll be judging the heck out of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:42 pm

IA blu I also think behaviour makes a difference. Some previous contestants relish and encourage being photographed, or they name drop like there's no tomorrow. Who could forget Jake and ChrisS retweeting every tweet promoting them as the next Bachelor. I get tired of those types of self promotion, especially when I don't care for them to begin with.

I don't recall Ben doing that and he doesn't strike me as the type that wants to go all Hollywood. IMO he looks uncomfortable in media shots. I just hope he doesn't change and we get to see a sincere couple who enjoy the benefits of this show just like the other married couples all the while leading a somewhat normal life.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Like a few have said, DWTS is like a package deal when being The Bach. It's more about the money and experience, than anything else. Just like most of the contestants that go on the Bach/Ette say they go on for the experience more than anything else (aka: love.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Ben keeps mentioning how excited he is for everyone to see his story unfold. It's sweet. I also think it's sweet that he mentioned he cant wait to share the women with everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Ya while I don't believe any of them really go on the show for love, I also don't think most of them go on just to be famous either though I'm sure a few of them do want that. I remember Sharleen doing an interview not that long ago and she said she did it because she was unhappy in her life. I really think a lot of them feel the same way and that's why they do it. And of course there's all the perks that make their lives so much easier than before. cheeky
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:10 pm

I used to be very against a bach doing DWTS. While Cat and Sean survived, they said it was hard. Now with her actions on MBC, I think part of it is a jealousy in Cat. Nothing wrong with that, but it would make the DWTS experience a lot harder.

I really enjoyed DWTS this season, I saw a really nice friendship develop between Nick and Sharna and adored the relationship with Bindi and Derrick. I think if done correctly the show can be okay and not hurt the dancers romantic relationship.

For me it will depend on Ben and his F1 (Lauren). So far both seem really happy. Ben is doing his promoting job, but as GA said not throwing it in our faces. If it seems like if Ben and Lauren are both on board and happy and this is the continuation of an adventure that might let them buy a house or settle down easier, then okay.

I will always prefer the way that Chris and Des did it. Get back to real life and move forward, but it can work with the extra show as long as the couple is good to begin with.

Now if Ben does DWTS and then continues to drift instead of going back to life, then yup, I probably will be a little more judgmental. Or if Lauren looks strained at the ATFR. Some of us saw the strain in Whit and Chris at ATFR and she never seemed comfortable living in LA. In the case of Ben and Lauren it would actually give her extra time to get used to the idea of moving where ever they are going to move. The LA scene would not be isolating for her at all.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 pm

bluwavz wrote:Ya while I don't believe any of them really go on the show for love, I also don't think most of them go on just to be famous either though I'm sure a few of them do want that. I remember Sharleen doing an interview not that long ago and she said she did it because she was unhappy in her life. I really think a lot of them feel the same way and that's why they do it. And of course there's all the perks that make their lives so much easier than before. cheeky

I think so too! Maybe not necessarily even "unhappy", but just bored and looking for some type of adventure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:12 pm

If the lead and final 1 really care enough to make their relationship work, they're both getting bank from being on DWTS. They can buy a house, save the money, whatever. It's a win win. I think the couples that broke up while/after DWTS were probably bound to break up anyway. Not a good match, wanted fame, etc. etc. Chris and Whitney and Jake and Vienna come to mind straight away.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:19 pm

I would do it in a heartbeat and I'm not looking for love. I just want to get the scoop and report here live as we are filming. hottub - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 65 3806527698

It's one thing watching this crazy show, when we know most of them, including the lead have no intention of meeting their everlasting love, and it's altogether different when we know the lead does in fact fall in love and eventually gets married! Either way it works for me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

+64
rc49ers
Ash2214
megaa
officeRules
sanlee088
Al
ironcat
soccermom333
Norcalgal
SLA44
california90