SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

Page 3 of 62 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm not sure what you mean theKeptGrits.

You can speculate and post your opinion in a NO SPOILERS thread on anything that has aired already.

I was just interested to see if others picked up on some of the personality traits I'm seeing. Dissect what is producer induced and what is "real".

I thought of it since a few others say they don't get to see the show until the following night. Which might make any of the above type discussion seem like or be spoilers for them.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

Post by Rolly Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:46 pm

I am spoiled but will be following this thread closely. The unspoiled perspective is always an interesting read. I will be careful not to make comments so I don't screw up and say something I shouldn't. Hugesmile
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:16 pm

OK
I seriusly have itchy feet to jump in regarding the "stand outs"..so here goes.

Olivia may have given Ben a hormone charge on the first meeting.... but I'm convinced she's in this for camera time and competition. Little comments of hers towards the other girls are devious mind games and mean.

Lace... OMG can someone call in Dr Phil? Pushing in and trying to FORCE a guy to give attention isn't going to take her very far. It's immature, spoiled, and I'm betting the producers saw her coming and thought "Gotcha! Count on that one for drama and a lotta crazy" Bless her heart.

Amber NEEDS to be more assertive if she's going to have a chance. Otherwise she's getting a vacation with an overdose of estrogen.... Not really a dream vaca.

Jubilee has some really good points in her intro vid. Being the Mom of a female service member, I know she's right. They are perceived differently and that can be hard to overcome. But my gal did it and found a great guy, so I hope Jubilee doesn't let that trip up her chances with Ben. Their interaction has been respectful and sweet. Love their chemistry, but the previews seen for the rest of the season lead me to think she won't be in the final 4. I hope I'm wrong.

Jojo has quickly become a fav. Hubby and I agree she has a realness about her, She does not seem to be overwhelmed by the cameras around her. She appreciates Ben for who he is and that is great.

Caila's name in Irish means "beauty only the words of a poet can describe" and so far she fits. Her sense of humor is cute and she has good manners to let others shine without seeing it as a threat.

I'm wondering how often Lauren H is going to mentally equate some of the other girls to her kindergarten class. She seems like a smart lady who could probably handle a lot.

Becca, not sure she should be here. Bit she seems to genuinely want to do better this time round. Still in the back of a few minds might be the question of why not try again with Chris Soules?

Food for thought friends.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:34 pm

It's ok, Grit. You're good. yes

As long as the epi aired, you can post your opinions. Nice recap btw!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Katiebelle and Grit, I am enjoying reading your unspoiled thoughts.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Ok - just watched the episode and I have a lot to say but have to be at an appt in an hour so this will be a quick post and I'll post again later.

Before I get to this episode - I have to say this- because it honestly drives me nuts and takes a little of the enjoyment of watching is all the over the top drama.

The big difference I think between the US franchise and the NZ and Aus ones is how quickly the US girls get emotionally invested in the bachelor and the process. I mean hellooooooo... It's only been two weeks. It really bugs me because it makes this "reality tv" very unreal. You will not see a Kiwi or Aussie chick bawling their eyes out and saying but "I looooved him, I saw our future together or we have this amazing connection and he's my future husband" or something like that, after two weeks!

I've been lucky to know and been friends with quite a few Americans from all parts of the US and not a single one of them have shown any signs of this totally crazy behaviour, most are as laid back as us Kiwis,  so TPTB are obviously picking these girls deliberately.

What happened to the original concept of reality tv? It is way too over produced and I find myself less empathic with the contestants. I reckon some of them are deliberate plants by TPTB knowing full well they will never get picked by the bachelor. And they make the bachelor keep them! Lace definitely should not have got a rose- it was obvious that Ben was not into her at all.

Sorry - had my little rant and now I'm going to be late! Will post again in a couple of hours.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:27 pm

clapping! Spot on post, @Katiebelle. I agree with everything you said. :yes:

Just to note: while this aired over two weeks, it was filmed in ONE week so the declarations/feelings are even more nutso, imo. stupid

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:28 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I keep waiting for him to be fake, so far, he's IMO a true gentleman.

Agreed. I think he has some more wooden moments probably from TPTB making him do some stuff, but overall I found his best moments are very natural and always gentle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:01 pm

I have to keep reminding myself that this is entertainment and everyone in this show knows after all these seasons of TB what they are getting themselves into.

But why oh why can't TPTB let these people have a normal date!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with a picnic, a trip to the beach or even dinner and a movie! I, as a viewer, want to get to know the people I am watching, I mean isn't that want reality tv is all about - to step into the life of someone else and see things from their perspective.

So from episode 2 I really didn't find out much more about these contestants and I can't imagine Ben did either. There is far too much "entertainment" and not enough real conversation.

Gosh - I am being quite ranty today - I've missed a few yoga classes and it's showing!

Deep breath through the nose to the stomach.....hold……and release. Oooookay here goes.

I actually thought the back to school date could have been quite fun. I would have used this opportunity to found out how smart they were. Like make them take a quiz. But again - they competed and he watched and there wasn't a lot of interaction.

I thought Caila was cute and bubbly again and was real good sport about having 2 comedians hijack her date. I hope she gets another one on one date.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I still kind of like Olivia. She's got guts. I wish I had her confidence when I was 23. I would have ruled the world! However, I just don't see her with Ben. Yes they definitely have chemistry but I think she would be better with an older more mature guy. I believe that she's pretty smart and is playing the game to get ahead in her career.

I was a little disappointed with Jubilee. She told the story to Ben about being adopted and then she expected to receive the rose and when she didn’t she got a little pissed. It was almost as if she only told him that story to get the rose and not to share something personal about herself. Well - hey lady - we all have sh*t in our lives – we are have our own little sob story tucked away in our hearts and yes you should expect sympathy and hopefully empathy – but NOT a rose!

Oh – I am getting quite riled up! My deep breathing is not working!

Still love JoJo – she’s my current pick for F1. He seems really into her. Also like Lauren B although we didn’t see much of her. I will make my mind up after their date next week.

Not sure about Amanda – to be honest – and this may sound a little bit@hy – it might even be the difference in our accents – but her voice is sooooo annoying. Every time she comes on its like fingernails on the chalkboard. Also I have low tolerance for mothers that come on the show leaving children behind and then spend the whole time crying about leaving their children behind! I have 3 kids and if I was in the position of wanting to find love again (fortunately I am happily married) I would try and find it closer to home – I wouldn’t leave them. But that’s just me.

Gutted that Sam left – she had a lot of spunk and would have liked to see more of her. Also was it Jackie that left as well? – some of the girls look very similar.

Also I thinks it’s quite obvious who he actually likes and who he’s keeping around until they don’t get a rose. I reckon it’s everyone he has kissed this episode and he was quite the little kissy monster this episode!

So – Caila, JoJo, Becca, Amanda, Jubilee, Olivia and Lauren B. Have I missed anyone?

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:20 pm

I dont think he kissed Becca or Lauren B? I think he did kiss 6 girls this episode... Caila, JoJo, Amanda, Jubilee, Olivia and Jennifer (I think!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 pm

sophienette wrote:I dont think he kissed Becca or Lauren B? I think he did kiss 6 girls this episode... Caila, JoJo, Amanda, Jubilee, Olivia and Jennifer (I think!)

Yes you are right. I went back and had a look. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part as I like her. I thought he gave Becca a quick kiss on the basketball court. I'll go back and look.

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Katiebelle wrote:
sophienette wrote:I dont think he kissed Becca or Lauren B? I think he did kiss 6 girls this episode... Caila, JoJo, Amanda, Jubilee, Olivia and Jennifer (I think!)

Yes you are right. I went back and had a look. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part as I like her. I thought he gave Becca a quick kiss on the basketball court. I'll go back and look.

Yes he didn't kiss Becca either. I like her too. I hope she goes far

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 62 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

+51
Lucas15
Crazylady29
MVMom39forever
George1218
bronco18