SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ItsNotOkay - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 79 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by mindless Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 pm

I'm just wondering what she did before they moved in together, but were spending most their nights together. Did she go back to hers when she needed a dump or did she just hold it in until she got away from Josh? No wonder she seemed to lose so much weight, she was probably eating like a bird in hopes of avoiding the issue. The things she makes me think about...
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

ItsNotOkay - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 79 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by kimberlyg Sun May 22, 2016 10:42 pm

I wonder if some of Andi's bizarre-ness has to do with her parents and the way she was raised? It's like, she tries to be "Grrrr.... strong woman," but seems stuck in second wave man-hating feminism that hasn't been around since the '70's; and at the same time possesses weird "Rules"-esque things like "no pooping ZOMG!" combined with insane materialism in her relationships (I mean, I wouldn't burn the Prada shoes either, but judging someone based on their apartment when they have a good job)?

Either that or she took all of the lessons of shows like SATC and similar shows and read them completely upside down and backwards.

OTOH, I think the religion thing is more on Josh than Andi. For all we know, Andi had no idea that he posted scripture or was super religious. If her being Jewish/non-religious/agnostic/whatever was a problem, he likely should have said something. I mean, it's possible that he told her and she ignored it or pretended she was okay with it, but I'm going to lean towards her on this (due to, in part, the lie detector test and that fact that I still think Josh wanted to "win" and wasn't entirely truthful with how traditional he was).

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

I actually think he was first choice for the bachelor gig instead of Chris Soules, so by winning he lost. I could be wrong, but I think he actually wanted her more than his own season, at least at that point.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sun May 22, 2016 11:03 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I actually think he was first choice for the bachelor gig instead of Chris Soules, so by winning he lost. I could be wrong, but I think he actually wanted her more than his own season, at least at that point.

I think so too. But he likely regretted that move once he got to know the real her.

Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun May 22, 2016 11:08 pm

The Farmer was an awful lead. But if I'm thankful for Andi for anything, it's for taking Josh out of contention and saving us all OVER THE TOP Josh Murray: The Bachelor edition. Shudder.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun May 22, 2016 11:12 pm

traveler90 wrote:I'm halfway through with reading the book right now and it's dragging on and on... It's horrible.. I'm no fan of her writing style, it's full of clichées, contradictions, and I hate, hate, hate fashion referrences and her book is full of it. (lying to #26 about sleeping with #25 is like buying new Louboutin's with her daddy's money instead of a meal and waiting for the lie to be uncovered). It's cringe-worthy.
It's also apparent that she is very insecure, all about her image, and a materialist. (the only reason she didn't burn a pair of Prada shoes and a Celiné bag aren't due to fond memories with #26 but because it would be a sacrilege to burn something like this Rolling Eyes ) I'm loosing quite a few brain cells while reading this. Although, yesterday, it did put me to sleep quite easily giggling but I'm ashamed to say that I had nightmares where my life was over and I was all alone and bitter. All thanks to this book, which is so full of negativity and pessimism that I can't imagine how anyone wants to spend time with her or finds this book helpful. And how can someone be a good friend if he is constantly putting himself (and others) down. She's not good at dancing, yoga, swimming, school... The list goes on and on... (and that are her words not mine).
I also don't like how much she swears in the book. If I'd get one penny for every curse she utters, I'd earn quite a bit of money.
And don't get me started on her lists... Breakup playlist, doe's and dont's after a break up, and the lessons learned after each chapter (when in doubt, add more lighter fluid - when she is burning all the stuff of #26 bar the Celiné bag and Prada shoes).
The book is clearly meant to be read by teenage girls, no one else could believe that these breakup advises could be helpful at all. I think so because she mentions how Selena Gomez is going to wear the same dress as her, how Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars is sitting a row behind her on the plane and how many times she says that Jennifer Lawrence is her idol. Why a 29-year-old needs an idol (who is also younger than her) puzzles me... scratch
I think it's really sad that she got reduced to this. Once a lawyer and now she's just a joke. I expected so much more from the book, at least in stlye (I mean a lawyer has to be elloquent, right? question ) Instead I got dull and stupid, she really comes across as stupid.
I don't know if I will be able to finish this book but I thought I'd give you all a glimpse of her writing style while sparing you the need to read this crap. I think it all has been said about the content and I agree with everything that has been said above.

If only she had you read it before it was published! Who is her editor? Was it his or her intention to embarrass Andi, or is he or she as shallow as Andi?

Thanks for the review, loved it. I won't be reading the book, never intended to, so thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Not me. I would much rather had a season of Josh or Nick rather than farmer douche. But we are all allowed our own preferences.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon May 23, 2016 12:49 am

I love Bachelor Nation gossip and still, I can barely pass chapter 4 (audio version so no work really laugh out loud). It isn't nearly as interesting as Courtney's book IMO.

It also reads like she doesn't believe the stuff she's saying. Like she's reading a script.

ItsNotOkay - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon May 23, 2016 1:10 am

stuckinsc wrote:Not me. I would much rather had a season of Josh or Nick rather than farmer douche. But we are all allowed our own preferences.

ITA. Soules was snoozeville and imo his contestants were more in it for the chance of being on TV than any season. None of them were ever going to be a farmers wife. no no:crazed. Just a sham of a season for both lead and contestants.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 am

Bet2Win wrote:
If only she had you read it before it was published!  Who is her editor?   Was it his or her intention to embarrass Andi, or is he or she as shallow as Andi?

Thanks for the review, loved it.  I won't be reading the book, never intended to, so thanks for sharing your thoughts.  

Who was her editor? God knows. If an editor or publishing house things something will sell, they will publish it no matter how bad it is. The almighty dollar is the bottom line here. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Mon May 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Sex sells as do Bachelor secrets so I'm sure her publishing house thought they had a winner, regardless of what a complete mess the writing and message is.

I just find it incredibly sad that there are people that actually admire her kick azz, I'm the boss, snotty, materialistic, vengeful, narcissistic attitude.  I don't understand how her fans can't see through her.   She needs someone, preferably a woman that is older and wiser (like me), to give her a good kick in the booty, call her out on some of her actions, give her some real perspective on how relationships work and to put her in her place.  She needs some tough love right now and I don't think her mom or her girlfriends are giving it to her. They are just feeding the monster.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Mon May 23, 2016 1:58 pm

I also think that two big issues for Josh were that she is constantly drunk and a shopaholic.
She not only was drinking wine like water during the breakup but she was also partying and drinking with her girlfriends all the time. At her friend's wedding, she and Josh had a huge fight. She missed 12 messages and 3 of his calls because she was on drink #3/4 or #5/6. He wasn't happy when she finally found him and she only kissed him on the cheek in hope that he wouldn't smell the alcohol.
Another time she went shopping (big surprise) and she pulled the tags, put on a second bra and generally more layers as if she already owned it, put the rest of her purchases in only 2 bags and hid the bags so they didn't get into another fight.

Last edited by traveler90 on Mon May 23, 2016 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom