SELECT CONTENT

Ashley & J.P Rosenbaum - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley & J.P Rosenbaum - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Ashley & J.P Rosenbaum - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:03 pm

@Alanna ITA. Besides Miami is much cheaper to live in than the NNJ/NY area JP is from.
I don't get the whole frame of mind behind the new age way to make $, but apparently a lot do.
I've been toying with doing my own anonymous blog. Hugesmile

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Ashley & J.P Rosenbaum - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Ashley & J.P Rosenbaum - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:15 pm

So like Ashley and JP were the it couple just before Bachelor world exploded and changed. They were in their hay day right before IG, just before sponsorship adds and shilling. Before couples could really TM brand themselves. So they get a lot of credit for being normal, and they are and I like them for it. But a lot of that normalsy is circumstantial, IMO. They went back to normal jobs, yes. But in 2011 they also didn't have the option to shill for a living either. I don't think they are above anyone else in this franchise. I really am starting to dislike that sentiment - that certain couples are above or better than others. That's silly. They did that cringe ultrasound. They decided to exploit their relationship on this bizaro show. They want to make a buck like the rest of them, clearly. 

JP and Ashley do have the benefit, like Trista and Ryan, of being together for a while at this point. They should go into this show relatively solid - they presumably know each other well at this point and will hopefully just have ho hum married for a while with kid problems. The other couples jumped into this hot mess too early in their relationships and that's why they didn't fair as well, IMO. But I guess we need to wait and see what JP and Ashley deliver.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't think, JMOAA, that we can tar all members with the same brush when saying holding one couple to one standard and other couples to other standards or one couple being above another.
There are members here who don't fan any of them! Raising hand! hi I know I am not a party of one.
I have been hearing this all day and pretty much depending on the day, every day when couples and shilling are discussed.
This discussion topic is globally discussed for the majority of all past cast/couples. I think this is the 4th couple today I have had to respond to.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by melrose Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:32 am

Well, here's my 2 cents.. I think generally I see much ado about nothing. Trista and Ryan, Sean and Catherine, Ashley and JP. All nice people, great couples, who went on MBC. It seemed, l from what I read that T AND R AND S AND C had positive experience from this. Perhaps I can safely assume that Ash and JP got advice from both of these couples before they went on and didn't take it lightly.. An article last year stated (from JP) said that he and Ash have had other offers but nothing has been a fit. I don't see them as shilling or borderline prostituting AT ALL. They are all human, and like all of us humans, make missteps and mistakes along life's way..Mistake to go on MBC? Only they know that.. It may have been one of the best things they have done.. I have faith in them. We all as humans make good choices in life and perhaps some that didn't turn out so well. In WHATEVER we are doing... Part of life. I think it is great for them that they can do ads too.. That's the perks of whatever amount of celebrity some may have. Sports figures do it.. Why not them?

melrose

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:43 am

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:14 pm

melrose wrote:Well, here's my 2 cents.. I think generally I see much ado about nothing.  Trista and Ryan, Sean and Catherine, Ashley and JP.  All nice people, great couples, who went on MBC.  It seemed, l from what I read that T AND R AND S AND C had positive experience from this. Perhaps I can safely assume that Ash and JP got advice from both of these couples before they went on and didn't take it lightly.. An article last year stated (from JP) said that he and Ash have had other offers but nothing has been a fit.  I don't see them as shilling or borderline prostituting AT ALL.  They are all human, and like all of us humans, make missteps and mistakes along life's way..Mistake to go on MBC?  Only they know that.. It may have been one of the best things they have done.. I have faith in them.  We all as humans make good choices in life and perhaps some that didn't turn out so well.   In WHATEVER we are doing...   Part of life.  I think it is great for them that they can do ads too.. That's the perks of whatever amount of celebrity some may have.  Sports figures do it.. Why not them?

Sean/Catherine definitely did not have a positive experience on the show and wrote blog posts and had social media activity talking negatively about the show's producers, counselors, and other couples. They were not portrayed well at all.

I'll defend Ashley/JP by saying that since they're older and have been married for longer, they have probably worked on their communication skills and are likely not going to have the same drama that couples like Sean/cat, Jade/Tanner, and Michelle/Cody did. If you can go on the show and not embarrass yourselves, I don't think that 100-200k for 2 weeks of fake therapy is a bad deal. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Is that how much they make?!?!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:26 pm

^^ Ditto @nothatgirl

I'm guessing age, maturity, length of time together will all work in their favor. I'm expecting more of a Trista/Ryan edit with ho hum married for a while with kid problems that all couples have and less Janner level drama.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:29 pm

How do we know they make $100-$200,000 for two weeks??

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:40 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:How do we know they make $100-$200,000 for two weeks??

It's an estimate because Courtney said in her book that she and Ben were offered 50k each to do Couples Therapy. If we figure that MBC makes about the same initial offer, Sean said that he asked the show to double the offer and they did, that could give you an upper estimate of 200k. Around the time that Sean/Catherine did the show, reports did come out with another couple's ( Benzino/Althea) salary and it was said to be 200k. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 pm

That could go a loooooong way for a college fund. Go for it.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:03 pm

If a Jersey housewife made $350,000 for the whole season, on her own, $200,000 seems a bit high IMO. MBC could have been $50,000 for both, which was doubled to $100,000 for both.

Benzino and Althea are all about drama but I wouldn't compare them to TB/ 'ette franchise contestants.

I can't see but what do I know, any negotiations I've ever done consist of 4 weeks vacation and not as many zero's. laugh out loud

source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley & J.P Rosenbaum - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

+66
Astrobach
suzq
timfan
Billysmom
Cari