SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 11 of 78 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 44 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sosleepy Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Yeah... I'm trying to take off my BenLo rose colored glasses and view it objectively.

Objectively - the show is scripted to crap, Hills style. It's dumb fluff without substance. To me though, Lauren did not come off as whiney and naggy as some are saying. I thought her concerns seemed justified, scripted or not. I also don't agree that she comes across like a valley girl outside of her voice at times, which has always been the case.

I'm excited to put JoJo drama to rest after this next episode and I guess I'll wait and see if Lauren still appears naggy even after these (produced?) JoJo schenanigans stop. I'm excited to see the wedding planning episodes. Previews make it seem all drama and like the wedding will be called off in true Bachelor preview MO. But I really think the reality is this is leading up to their ABC winter televised wedding. That's the kind of stuff I want to see. Not JoJo.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Speaking of that preview on Ben calling off the wedding is really lame to me . Typical set up drama by fleiss to make everyone anticipate about it . The fact that everyone knows they taped their joint bachelor /bachelorette party in Vegas. It is also stupid that lauren's sister was talking to her on one preview that made Lauren think her sister trying to think that Ben has cold feet . All we know how good he is to her family and they accepted him laugh out loud . That is why watching this show is just really funny the way it was so fake and scripted laugh out loud . But what's new it's called reality show. Although I could understand this is lead to their upcoming televise wedding of all these scripted drama . And it fits with the title of their show happily ever after ? . Jmo

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Eb97c9
Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 9zt107Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 XgicucBen and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Oaw2uvBen and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 2pqw5k8Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 30szzauBen and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by missnana Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:21 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:Speaking of that preview on Ben calling off the wedding is really lame to me . Typical set up drama by fleiss to make everyone anticipate about it . The fact that everyone knows they taped their joint bachelor /bachelorette party in Vegas. It is also stupid that lauren's sister was talking to her on one preview that made Lauren think her sister trying to think that Ben has cold feet . All we know how good he is to her family and they accepted him laugh out loud . That is why watching this show is just really funny the way it was so fake and scripted laugh out loud . But what's new it's called reality show. Although I could understand this is lead to their upcoming televise  wedding of all these scripted drama . And it fits with the title of their show happily ever after ? . Jmo

giggling The title doesn't fit the show at all
missnana
missnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Afterbuzz is recapping the show. Very fair and reasonable recap IMO:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVZwljPygSw

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Nice one afterbuzz . Haha this what they are both signed up for laugh out loud

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Eb97c9
Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 9zt107Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 XgicucBen and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Oaw2uvBen and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 2pqw5k8Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 30szzauBen and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Afterbuzz is recapping the show. Very fair and reasonable recap IMO:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVZwljPygSw

Thanks for sharing! I liked this review. I thought it was very fair.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Click the link that works for you.
http://the-watch-series.to/episode/ben_and_lauren_happily_ever_after_s1_e1.html

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 1f49c

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 8367-910 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 I_got_13 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 E5kqdm15 Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Ok... I'm probably/definitely giving this too much thought, but I actually think Lauren (and JoJo) deserve more credit for being so mature, kind and level headed, both of them, given the circumstances. They have always remained kind and gracious towards one and other, and scripted or not, are able to sit down and have lunch... then hang again and make nice at that iHeart event. They were pitted against each other in a pretty extreme way, even for this show with that dumb dual ILY (thanks Ben.) Yet they still remain pretty civil and kind, both of them and have handled this odd circumstance better than MOST other F1/2 women in seasons past. Can you imagine a world where Molly and Melissa would have sat down kindly over sushi? Made nice on SM like L&J have done? Nope. Catherine had a TON of trust issues leaving the Bachelor, and I still feel like there is some weirdness there with Des and Cat, even though both girls got their HEA, and IMO Cat didnt have to deal with nearly the backlash or the drama that Lauren did in terms of what she had to reconcile post show. Basically, I think Lauren's feelings are natural and to be expected. I empathize with her for that. I still think she is mature AF not to want to take those feelings out on JoJo, to not want to resent either Ben or JoJo in her words.

Last edited by sosleepy on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Ok so I watched. I didn't think it was outrageous or backlash inducing. Just a little cringe. It was obvi very scripted. I think they all played their part, including JoJo.

Lauren does this thing with her mouth and cheeks when she talks, I couldn't stop staring! I don't remember her doing it on the show.

I think while it must've been hard for Lauren at the beginning of their engagement, I don't think she thinks about JoJo nearly as much as they made it seem. But they needed to cover it I guess. They were doing the classic insert Lauren RBF every time JoJo speaks which was awkward and spliced up.

Maybe my usual reality TV choices are just so trashy and outrageously scripted that this seemed mild to me in comparison laugh out loud.

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:57 pm

^^ Pretty similar view on this one bleu. It's a little cringe, a WHOLE LOT scripted, but I don't think nearly as trainwrecky or outrageous as some are saying?
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:05 pm

laugh out loud saw this.

Kier Mellour (@KierMellour)
13/10/2016, 15:27
@benhiggi @BenandLaurenTV this show looks so fake.. do you think we are stupid? #SoDisappointed @LaurenBushnell3 #BachelorNation

lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Ben said on Twitter that the show is 8 episodes.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 78 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 44 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt