SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 56 of 74 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 65 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:10 am

What's a dag ?

Lee said it and some article on G said it, not sure if she called herself that.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by LovingLove Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:12 am

nd4reality wrote:What's a dag ?

A dag is just like someone who's not 'cool'. It's an endearing term though. It's usually used for someone who is just happy in their own skin and can make fun of themselves and doesn't try too hard to be in the cool crowd.
LovingLove
LovingLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 am

She has said it in some interviews

Back to top Go down

Post by Roses Are Red Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:23 am

LovingLove wrote:

A dag is just like someone who's not 'cool'. It's an endearing term though. It's usually used for someone who is just happy in their own skin and can make fun of themselves and doesn't try too hard to be in the cool crowd.

The literal meaning for dag is, trust me, not something you want to know! Just take it from us Aussies - as a term used to describe someone it was once quite a spiteful putdown, but now has morphed into a very endearing term, a gentle dig at someone.

Roses Are Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:29 am

Roses Are Red wrote:
LovingLove wrote:

The literal meaning for dag is, trust me, not something you want to know!  Just take it from us Aussies - as a term used to describe someone it was once quite a spiteful putdown, but now has morphed into a very endearing term, a gentle dig at someone.  

IA, the literal definition of dag is not pleasant at all, but for some reason it has become a term of endearment in Australia as you mentioned and is always said in a fun and loving way.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by LovingLove Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:36 am

Roses Are Red wrote:
LovingLove wrote:

The literal meaning for dag is, trust me, not something you want to know!  Just take it from us Aussies - as a term used to describe someone it was once quite a spiteful putdown, but now has morphed into a very endearing term, a gentle dig at someone.  

hahaha I didn't even think about the literal meaning
LovingLove
LovingLove

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:56 am

Well the point of the whole DAG question for me is that is what Lee called her on the show and that is how she described herself in an interview post filming. That's the part that's noteworthy for me. JMO.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:16 am

Georgia called herself a massive dag and referred to herself as a dag and her daggy side in multiple interviews

Basically it is someone who can be a dork and own it and laugh at themselves in the context that Georgia and Lee were referring too

For reference, Sam and Sasha refer to themselves as dags
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:21 am

Just Looking wrote:
My only comment about Lee or Matty is that Matty uses phrases like I can't fault her, perfect, expectations and exceeded, unique, no-one like you etc, hot and passionate, whereas Lee just loves Georgia for who she is and her qualities - eyes, smile, laugh, funny, can command an audience and also a big dag.   These are all the things that he loves about her.  Also he's never felt like this before. He is such a romantic and caring gentleman.  Sometimes I thik it's almost like Matty has a "list".  Just another perspective - not being harsh as I love both of them and they are both very much into Georgia.  Lucky girl, sad for one guy (or two including Jake)

IA. I think Lee really gets who Georgia is and she herself has said that Lee is a mirror image of herself! Now that could mean they are too much alike and so not F1 but it says a LOT imo when someone sees themselves in another person, that there is just an understanding there
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Sundy wrote:Lee didn't get any private time with his mum did he?  Has that ever happened before? And with who?

It may not have been shown, but it was most likely filmed. They were all probably filmed with one or various family members having a chat, but for whatever reason some are not shown. It may not have made for good tv or they didn't get stuff that furthers the storyline they may be editing for that person.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:55 pm

I like Matty, but he almost seems like a kid brother to G. Maybe his sister seemingly having so much say in his life didn't help or maybe it's that's his voice is higher or that he's not dropped the "y" at the end of his name. G looks/acts a bit older than her age imo so that could be a factor. IDK, he just seems young compared to Georgia to me. He is sweet as can be though and excellent husband material. I'd pick him, but I don't think Georgia will. I'd love to see him as the next bachelor if that's the case. btw... her outfit on that HTD was hideous imo. The gray boots over her knees with the see-through blouse and white bra showing front and back, yikes! If I have a complaint with her season, it's wardrobe and HAIR and makeup. Sometimes she's looked a bit frumpy, other times she looks great. Very hit and miss with her styling imo.

I think Courtney might have been F1 had he been on board with everything. She spent a lot of time chasing him. Now I think Lee will be F1. Was Courtney's HTD filmed before Lee's? Just wondering if she knew it was likely over with C before she met Lee's family?? Someone else said it's a Brooks/Des thing with Courtney/G. I agree with that analogy. Chris turned out to be a better fit for Des and Lee (if F1) may be too. I'm a bit surprised she didn't give C one more date, but kudos to her on that. I like Courtney and appreciated his honesty. He did nothing wrong imo, the show's format moved much faster than he could. She probably wasn't the girl of his dreams or he would have put up a fight over leaving. If he does come back, things will get very interesting. I've not followed the sleuthing too much but read something about 3 SD dates coming up and it not making sense. Is Courtney coming back still a possibility or has sleuthing ruled that out? TIA.

Side note: This was the best F4, even F6 I've ever seen on any of the shows in franchise history! Georgia couldn't go wrong with any of them. Are they using a different casting crew or does AU have a surplus of upstanding, handsome men running around? I wish the US version would try harder to find more like them.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Good post @grace8136 yes

IA that Georgia seems older/more mature than her age. Matty also seems younger to me, more boyish than man. Lee is more man, but still sensitive and sweet. I'd pick Lee but it's Georgia's choice so whoever makes her happy.

Yes, Courtney's HTD was likely filmed before Lee's HTD according to the filming schedule since Lee had his 2nd SD Aug 2 and Courtney had his HTD Aug 7.

The guys this season really are the best I have ever seen as well. All great catches. :yes:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 74 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 65 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+40
grace8136
AEF
Love_is_Eternal
Roses Are Red
niqa86
Spoil Me Again
iamreal2u
Emayem
Seabear
Norcalgal
porcelainpony