SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LosAngeles - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Cila51290 Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:10 am

I pay no mind to Raven's captions anymore since all of them are literally all trying to be cool and using SM slangs. "AF"

Let me not stay off track since this is Nick and V's thread. Hugesmile
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

LosAngeles - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 am

Just pointing out that Nick shaded Sarah & Vanessa shaded Danielle L.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:14 am

bleuberry wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:laugh out loud now that sounds like a cute squad @bleuberry

I simply posted those few IG pics with the squad hashtag to prove a point that whether one thinks of them as a squad or not, they've referred to themselves that way.

Oh I definitely think they're a group of friends. IMO there are squads every single season though. Groups of guys and girls who gravitate towards each other and hang out post show. Sometimes they're a little more out there (like the girlfriends from Ben's season, before that I recall Juan Pablo's girls being pretty notable and SM heavy)

Sometimes the girls shade the lead. Happens often IMO. I get that Nick is a board fave. No one caped for Juan Pablo or Ben when people (and even their own cast) threw shade laugh out loud. JMO.

I don't mind and fully expect groups of friends to form.  As you said it happens every season, whether it be girls or guys.  Not everyone will click, get along and be friends... that's just life, IMO.

What I don't like is that they seem to be the mean girls squad.  And my opinion has nothing to do with being partial to Nick and/or Vanessa.  You know I have trouble fanning. laugh out loud  It's one thing to throw a little shade during the season airing because of how you were treated.  But IMO it's a whole 'nother thing to keep at it after the seasons ended, the couple appears happy and one of your squad got the freaking lead gig.  Enough's enough and IMO they're just being petty and obnoxious.  

I didn't watch JPG's season because his tweets during Des' season with the random capital letters drove me nutty. laugh out loud So I skipped his and Andi's seasons and now I'm really glad I did. laugh out loud As for Ben F., well IMO he deserved a lot of the shade he got because of his actions during airing and in general with how he chose to treat girls at that point. laugh out loud

JMO

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:18 am

ReneeM wrote:Just pointing out that Nick shaded Sarah & Vanessa shaded Danielle L.

Vanessa liked a single comment which defended her and IMO there was no shade towards Danielle L since the comment didn't call her 'boring' just that Nick looked bored on that date. Those two things are not the same IMO. Someone could have the greatest things to talk about and yet someone else who is not interested in that topic can find it boring IMO.

Nick spoke about Sarah when he was talking about how everything doesn't get shown and that he found it interesting how different people can have different opinions based on what they see. Sarah was his example for saying that. He didn't just come out of nowhere talking about her IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 am

coolangel wrote:Vanessa liked a single comment which defended her and IMO there was no shade towards Danielle L since the comment didn't call her 'boring' just that Nick looked bored on that date. Those two things are not the same IMO. Someone could have the greatest things to talk about and yet someone else who is not interested in that topic can find it boring IMO.

Nick spoke about Sarah when he was talking about how everything doesn't get shown and that he found it interesting how different people can have different opinions based on what they see. Sarah was his example for saying that. He didn't just come out of nowhere talking about her IMO.

All JMO

The poster deleted the comment because he felt he was too mean towards Danielle so I'm just gonna have to disagree that it wasn't shade.
LosAngeles - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 11 Shrug10
Source: https://images.google.ca

Also someone asked Rachel a question about Vanessa and she answered, she didn't come out of nowhere talking about her, same with Danielle L when she shaded Vanessa the other day. So why doesn't that reasoning apply to them?

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 am

Danielle L shaded Vanessa the other day? Good grief.

Reminds me of my 85 yr old mother who will go on and on about something that is totally unimportant.

She is totally clueless that she along with the rest of them were eliminated because she/they are not what Nick was looking for. Go pack for BIP or something, this girl is unbelievable.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 am

@GuardianAngel I think that's referring to the whole stupid (IMO) nickname thing.  And I since I'm not close personal friends with her I won't call her DLo from here on out. laugh out loud
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:18 pm

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:Vanessa liked a single comment which defended her and IMO there was no shade towards Danielle L since the comment didn't call her 'boring' just that Nick looked bored on that date. Those two things are not the same IMO. Someone could have the greatest things to talk about and yet someone else who is not interested in that topic can find it boring IMO.

All JMO

The poster deleted the comment because he felt he was too mean towards Danielle so I'm just gonna have to disagree that it wasn't shade.

Also someone asked Rachel a question about Vanessa and she answered, she didn't come out of nowhere talking about her, same with Danielle L when she shaded Vanessa the other day. So why doesn't that reasoning apply to them?

Even though I like Paco's posts mostly, he is a real suckup IMO. He does it all the time. Say something and if he doesn't get favorable opinions from both sides, he backtracks or deletes the post. All of his Ben-Lauren posts/the baggate controversy ( Rolling Eyes ) are examples of how he goes with the flow IMO.

For the bolded, The same reasoning doesn't apply to them IMO coz the situation in which they answered wasn't the same. Nick was asked on air in a sit-down interview. Rachel was asked in an IG live. Big difference there! She could have easily avoided the question IMO. IMO Ask Amanda how to do it - She did a month's worth of IG live last dec without answering about Josh when that was literally what everyone was asking her. Danielle L asked a question on Twitter and a fan answered. There was zero need for the 'Why is V calling me by my nickname' there IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Its so obvious to me that Nick and Vanessa are past all of this now.

However, the ATFR was soon after Rachel and the "squad" had all been together at WTA and they were hanging out in LA partying and the infamous IG or Facebook live where they said they did not like Vanessa.  We saw Vanessa isolated and crying during filming and we heard of a fight.  I think one reason for Vanessa appearing unhappy at the ATFR was Vanessa still dealing with that hurt.  Nick was honest with her and it was very hard for her to handle his relationship with the women that she had crossed paths with.  (She is thinking - how could he have liked Rachel and me, Corrine and me, Raven and me....)

Seeing the two of them out in public now, without others around, it is so obvious how much they support, care for, and love one another.  Instead of DWTS being a strain on the relationship, it has helped them because it has given them something to do together.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm

coolangel wrote:
For the bolded, The same reasoning doesn't apply to them IMO coz the situation in which they answered wasn't the same. Nick was asked on air in a sit-down interview. Rachel was asked in an IG live. Big difference there! She could have easily avoided the question IMO. IMO Ask Amanda how to do it - She did a month's worth of IG live last dec without answering about Josh when that was literally what everyone was asking her. Danielle L asked a question on Twitter and a fan answered. There was zero need for the 'Why is V calling me by my nickname' there IMO.

All JMO

It's really not IMO. Nick's might have been a more formal setting but his answer was unnecessary. All he had to say was that they didn't really connect blah blah blah. There were A TON of stock answers he could've given. He chose to say 'all of her best moments were shown' & agreed when one of the hosts that said "she's like a well cut movie trailer, all of the good stuff was put out there". The show's over, he's engaged, why did he feel the need to take that shot at Sarah? That's the exact same thing the 'squad' is criticized for. With Vanessa's like, when it was first posted about on here, I went to that comment section to check, she was responding to multiple people about her outfit, There were SO MANY comments praising her that didn't mention Danielle and she didn't like any of those. She only liked THAT one. So the argument that she only liked it because it defended her doesn't add up IMO. BOTH sides in this situation have taken a jab or two at the other.

I'm always for the mess, I love it, I don't know these people so I find it entertaining. It's just very interesting to see Nick & Vanessa being made the 'victims' when they've played a part too.

All JMO

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:

All JMO

It's really not IMO. Nick's might have been a more formal setting but his answer was unnecessary. All he had to say was that they didn't really connect blah blah blah. There were A TON of stock answers he could've given. He chose to say 'all of her best moments were shown' & agreed when one of the hosts that said "she's like a well cut movie trailer, all of the good stuff was put out there". The show's over, he's engaged, why did he feel the need to take that shot at Sarah? That's the exact same thing the 'squad' is criticized for. With Vanessa's like, when it was first posted about on here, I went to that comment section to check, she was responding to multiple people about her outfit, There were SO MANY comments praising her that didn't mention Danielle and she didn't like any of those. She only liked THAT one. So the argument that she only liked it because it defended her doesn't add up IMO. BOTH sides in this situation have taken a jab or two at the other.

I'm always for the mess, I love it, I don't know these people so I find it entertaining. It's just very interesting to see Nick & Vanessa being made the 'victims' when they've played a part too.

All JMO

The question wasn't about Sarah though. It was about editing and Nick was talking about how he finds it fascinating and likes to see how people form their opinions based on what they see. He used Sarah as an example most likely coz Mike is a huge fan of Sarah and had said in the podcast that he couldn't understand her elimination that early in the season. I personally feel Nick should have used Josh as an example. laugh out loud

The comment Vanessa liked was someone saying that people should stop criticizing Vanessa for Danielle's elimination since Nick looked bored (paraphrasing) and I totally agree. When Vanessa starts posting comments such as 'Why does XYZ call me V' or 'I don't like XYZ' or likes comments saying 'XYZ is boring/secretbi*ch/blah blah', I will stop defending her.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:00 pm

I really don't see how Nick's answer to the question regarding Sarah was considered as shade, because he basically said he had his reasons for eliminating her (kind of the point of the show). Reasons that the audience weren't privy to, which then allowed her to remain a fan favourite. It's easy to remain a fan favourite when the audience can project a personality onto a character hardly ever shown; and I think Nick was speaking to that phenomenon. Nick never implied that his reasons for eliminating her were because she was a bad person/there for the wrong reasons -- if that's what's assumed by his comment, then that's projection, IMO.

As far as throwing shade, I don't think anyone's making the argument that Nick and Vanessa are saints or that they're victims. That choice of words seem to always come from the anti- camp, as if putting words in other people's mouths. I think the argument coming from the pro- camp is that the shade or the "hate" Nick and Vanessa have received has been disproportionate to whatever they have dished. I still think RS' big "insider" scoop on the Bimini fight was underwhelming in the sense that the negative reaction toward Vanessa was unbefitting of the "crime". Like a lot of the petty drama from this season, it seemed as if people continuing to hint at it were making a mountain out of a mole hill. No wonder certain people have felt it unworthy of acknowledging.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781