SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 8 - July 17 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 59 of 59 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 57, 58, 59

View previous topic View next topic Go down

team - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 8 - July 17 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 8 - July 17 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Just Looking Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:44 am

djogbenyuie wrote:For what it worth, I think even if they didn't show him.saying it, some of his actions demonstrated this:
1. He didn't let go of Rachel when his mum greeted him. In contrary, he included both into a warm group hug. That for me says, mum she is right there with you as important women in my life.
2. In the bloopers, when mum was talking about his hair, he said it didn't matter if Rachel likes it. There to me it's saying she is the priority. And his mum accepted it and even awed on it.

So for me, they are all conducting themselves as if Rachel comes first now. I think saying it clearly or not, they are on the right path
IA, very positive IMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

team - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 8 - July 17 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 8 - July 17 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sfrank Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:24 am

Just Looking wrote:
sdmom wrote:Did you guys see Bryan's newest IG story? He's lip singing Mama I Love You.
Why is he fanning the flames? I feel he's either trolling, poking fun at himself or standing up,for his mom...
I just hope he told his Mumma that he's totally in love with Rachel and from now on she is his #1.  this doesn't alter his love for his Mumma, it just means that there is someone else in his life who is very important as well.

This was the caption that Rachel wrote on June 19 for Father's day on her IG post:

Happy Father's Day to the number one man in my life #daddysgirl

I think Rachel gets Bryan's relationship with his mom because she's got it with her dad.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 am

Just Looking wrote:
mizzoufan wrote: I don't care for Eric but different strokes for different folks.
I don't either.  I'm sure he's a great person but his mannerisms annoy me - to OTT and immature.   JMO
I know a lot of people wanting him for the next lead. I just don't seem him as classy or mature enough to handle it. Plus it seems like he mumbles a lot and it's super hard to hear and understand him and plus to me his eyes always make him look high or hungover. JMO

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:14 am

I'm finally checking in after a rough start to the week. My impressions:

Eric: Eric is not a favorite of mine, but I find much to admire about him. I like how he keeps it real by being honest and forthright about his background (pointing out the drug dealers, playing basketball in his former neighborhood with boarded-up windows in the background.) Eric brought a lot of positive energy and self-awareness to this date. His family was very welcoming to Rachel, even though I found his mom and dad to be somewhat reserved (very understandable for your first time on network TV.) His aunt Verna was smart and well-spoken. I think that Rachel likes Eric a lot, but that it doesn't go beyond that. It doesn't trouble me that he hasn't fallen in love before. There has to be a first time, right?

Bryan -- I haven't been a fan of Bryan thus far, finding him too smooth an operator for my taste. This was the first date where I found him to be likeable. I enjoyed seeing him in his home environment. IMO Rachel is so obviously over the moon for this guy, cocking her head, batting her eyes, smiling flirtatiously, and giggling. She states, "We're so compatible." His mom is certainly a firecracker, but I was honestly not that alarmed about her (as I had fully expected to be.) For the first time, I began to suspect that something may indeed have been wrong with the last girlfriend, instead. I note that his family did not complain about *all* of his prior girlfriends, but just the one. The big question mark in my mind is, what exactly does family closeness mean to all of them? If it means that his mom is on the phone with Bryan five times a day, then he needs to cut the apron strings. Beyond that, what might seem suffocating to me may be acceptable or negotiable as far as Rachel is concerned. So if Bryan is her F1, as I fully believe, she will need to get that figured out. If Bryan moves to Dallas, that should help a great deal in establishing some appropriate boundaries. I noted that Bryan was visibly thrilled and relieved that his hometown visit went as well as it did.

Peter -- Peter, bring back the heavy scruff! -- and put a few more pounds on those bones. You are looking a bit gaunt, my friend. Yes, the get together with his pals was awkward. But I very much like that he obviously cultivates diversity in his friendships. I felt that the assessments of his sister-in-law and mom were realistic in that (outside of the Bach bubble) a proposal in a couple of months' time is alarmingly fast. So  their comments didn't bother me all that much. I did like his family. Can Peter eventually choke out an, "I love you" to Rachel? Time will tell. I thought when the two of them parted after the hometown, Rachel looked a tad skeptical, and then had a trace of sadness on her face. I found this sort of interesting since IMO she had pretty much settled on Bryan by Geneva. But I think she did develop feelings for all of them.

Dean -- Ahh, Dean. I approached his date from the point of view of having been in a similar position. My dad died when I was 14, and my mom, grief-stricken, basically checked out for many years. So I get it, I really do. In my case, I had a much older sibling who was able to come to my rescue. It sounds like Dean didn't have even that much. I feel for him.

I admire Dean and I feel that he showed a lot of bravery and emotional growth during this date. I think he said what he needed to say to his dad in a manner that was respectful. Unfortunately I do not think he will ever get what he needs from his dad, who IMO struck me as having a rather cold temperament. I think it was rather telling that Dean's dad stated that his own father took off as well. But he seemed to lack awareness that he repeated the same pattern with his own son. The dad's comment, "What is there to work through?" felt like a door slamming shut to me.

When Rachel was trying to have a one-on-one conversation with Dean's dad, I felt like he was putting walls up with her as well, despite his words. And it really had nothing to do with the fact that he was obviously tired of the cameras (along with being wrung out after his talk with Dean) at that point. Just then, I saw an expression on Rachel's face that it was over for her. It was dead in the water. It was one thing to have difficulties between Dean and his dad. But his dad was not open, and would likely never be open to her, despite her sweet entreaties. He just can't do it. It killed it for her.

I've felt all along that the Bachelor job is Peter's for the asking. But with this episode, I feel that Dean made a strong case for himself. He showed bravery, and vulnerability, and openness to love. If they select Dean as Bachelor, it will be the women bringing the roses! He is a complete sweetheart. He deserves love, and I hope he finds it.

All JMO.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Just watched the episode obviously days behind but overall loved Eric's family and proud of him how fat he has come.  Bryan's was great, clearly the front runner Imo.  Peters family seems nice but agree with others he is no where near ready to settle down.

Deans I see both him and is Dads point of view.  I hope they talk off camera after the season and vpcan rebuild.  Both were/ are hurting and should gave take years ago but as guys they both bottled it up.  I hope they figure out how to heal.
All IMO

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 59 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 57, 58, 59

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 8 - July 17 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+76
pavalygurl
Pattycake92
Nillay
aviej
BlackHalo