SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 am

Exclusive footage of Matty getting ready for a Patrick Dempsey lookalike competition.  I think he stands a strong chance. laugh out loud

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by ssin0547 Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:43 am

Quick question. I've never been around for the sleuthing stage. Apart from the reverse parking comment, is there any other factor that makes everyone so sure that Laura is F1? Was Lee/Alex etc. correctly picked as F1 at the pre season stage? Just want to know what quality makes everyone sure that that person is F1.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:07 am

ssin0547 wrote:Quick question. I've never been around for the sleuthing stage. Apart from the reverse parking comment, is there any other factor that makes everyone so sure that Laura is F1? Was Lee/Alex etc. correctly picked as F1 at the pre season stage? Just want to know what quality makes everyone sure that that person is F1.

Speaking for myself it was from the photos of their first single date posted mid-March, particularly in comparison to the other single date pics. They were the only ones I saw any genuine interest from Matty. Since then, looking at her SM and hearing what Matty says he's looking for (esp if these "criteria" were actually formulated after the fact) she seems the most likely to fit the bill IMO.

IMO things can seem clearer at this stage looking at pics with an objective eye rather than when the show gets going and I get befuddled by the editing tricks and the individual personalities of the girls - prime example is I always seem to love F2s and my brain says "they're so awesome, surely the Lead must think the same!" even when the objective evidence suggests otherwise.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:15 am

@ssin0547....it is true that some folks already believe that Laura is F1 but not everyone does. I am one of those that does not think it is conclusive that Laura is F1. Sure there are clues noted in the F1-F6 thread in her favor but I don't consider any of them a complete lock on Laura as F1.

Specific to GL's season, during pre season sleuthing it was mixed in terms of who folks thought would be F1. There were folks that had sources that Lee was F1 (i think the information came through after some episodes had aired but AAL knows the timing) and some folks waited for things to play out. During Richie's season, during pre season sleuthing, IMO it was Nikki overwhelmingly that folks thought would be F1 though some folks noted that Meghan also checked some of the boxes....all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:28 am

Thanks for clearing that up. That's all good to know. The other question i had is, does the F1 usually get their own promo? I find it interesting that so far Tara, Cobie, Elora and Leah have gotten promos. I know why Leah and Elora got them, because they're interesting, but i wasn't expecting Cobie to be promo'd. Does Cobie make F7? Could she be Top 4?

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:37 am

Based on the archived information on the show FB page per poster Dirty Street Pie, each past F1 since Blake's season has gotten profiled. For Blake's season, it was intro vids for just some girls and Sam F was included. For Sam W's season they profiled each contestant with just a description of themselves, no intro vid with the lead but Snez's intro package was first. For Richie's season they did intro vids for 5 girls and Alex was the 4th girl profiled.

Based on discussion in Cobie's thread, she changed her FB profile pic on May 9th so IMO she didn't make F4. Also we have sleuthed that Tara was most likely the Gold Coast girl that got an HTD and made it to F4 though as poster Amalia discovered, Tara also changed her FB profile pic on May 16th so either she was F3 or F4 IMO since FRC was most likely May 19th IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Hearts_And_Roses Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 am

I'm with @mercieme. The reverse parking comment makes me think Laura is firming as F1, but TBH that's the only reason I'm leaning that way, so I'm not sold on it. It's interesting that some people think the BTS photos from their first SD were the most interested they saw Matty look.

IMO when I compare the dates we've seen so far, he has lots of intimate moments with Elora BTS with lots of hugging and being close on the boat and in the water, he has lots of laughing, playful and touchy-feely moments with Elise BTS, and with Laura he looks keen and it looks like they're having a good conversation, but it doesn't seem as intimate to me (all JMO). But that could also be because he is a bit more nervous around her, especially if he's REALLY into her, as in interviews he's said that he has doubted that he would live up to the girls' expectations.

So basically I don't know, but I am not locking her in just yet. I still think Lisa and Elise are in with a chance, and will be very interested to see if there are any more intros. Saying that, if Laura gets the next intro I'll be completely sold on her. Or, we might have to wait to see who features in the intros at the start of ep 1. Bring on Wednesday!!
Hearts_And_Roses
Hearts_And_Roses

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 am

@Hearts_And_Roses you are articulate so well why the jury is still out on Laura for me. When Matty looks at Laura the way he looked at GL which I have seen glimpses of some intimacy at least with some of the other girls that you noted; then I will become sold on Laura as F1 or as you said if she gets an intro vid and none of the other speculated top girls do. Obviously some think Laura is the seaplane date girl but it's not adding up for me yet based on total number of dates for the filming timing we have; so I am waiting to see the extended promo as to who got that date. This is why the kissing caps / gifs with GL will become handy as IMO Matty will give it away with the kissing.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:15 am

The other thought i had is, could the "Queen of Reverse Parking" comment potentially be snarky? As in maybe she was F2, was bitter, found that article, and changed her profile accordingly?

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Hearts_And_Roses Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:19 am

Has the reverse parking comment been changed? If not, I find it strange that she wasn't told to remove it, as usually as soon as these things are sleuthed they're told to remove them... a la Elise's comment on twitter about moving to Sydney.
Hearts_And_Roses
Hearts_And_Roses

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:23 am

@ssin0547....I haven't thought of that but I like to think all the girls are above pettiness. The flip side of things for me is on a season where IMO their publicists have told them to be careful and not let on the outcome of the season with the paparazzi frenzy; why the heck would Laura put that on her profile and still have it on there if it has everything to do with her as F1? Seems brazen and cocky to me which again I don't like to believe any of the girls are so will just wait and see if we are shown that Matty and Laura talked about reverse parking....all jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 am

Adding more "supporting evidence" for my gut instinct of Laura being F1:

- The weird way her message board was held on the boxing date so the papps could get a clear shot of it (see her thread for full details) and the fact that it was about "opening up after heartbreak" - I think this will be a theme of Matty's season so fits in that sense.

- The Sportsbet odds (before they were taken down) which implied the winner would most likely be a Brunette from Sydney. Cobie & Tara are Brunette/Qld and they will most likely class Elise as being Blonde/SA (she was born there but has lived in WA and NSW) and Lisa is Blonde/Melb - I think that will be the Top 5 so Laura is the only one who ticks both boxes of Brunette/NSW.

- Pic of Matty & Laura being featured as a competition promo in OK magazine and her getting that special "you look stunning" intro at the very start of the promotional period for TV ads. We don't have an official "meet Laura" vid yet but if it doesn't come pre-season I'm guessing we will have one in episode 1 and this is often an F1 indicator IIRC.

- I think she is the only one with two confirmed single dates? (the waterfall/picnic and the drawing/sailing). Personally I think Elise's bus/lemonade/hockey/hot tub date is her 2nd but we don't have any pics of a first so Laura the only one to have two documented dates, possibly a third if that's her on the seaplane. Also her date was timed to make me think it will be on episode 3 which statistically is when Lead & F1 date first featured.

- Finally the fact that she is an absolute DEAD RINGER for the girl from UK who is suspected to be an ex-girlfriend of Matty's and since people tend to have "a type" she ticks that box for me as well. And more generally I think her jewellery job & sense of style would appeal to Matty.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+29
Blacket03
Emayem
Billysmom
Zaynab
peanutbutter
AprilApril
Skeppy
SugarAndSpice
Just Looking
brownravens
ElonM