SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ssin0547 Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:08 am

Agree with all the comments.

Sophie is a complete gem this season but the horrendous casting turned a lot of people off. Seriously, I can’t believe that that was the best that they could do after Georgia had literally a stellar cast (sometimes James reminds me of some of the guys that were voted off early in Georgia’s season like Aaron). The casting of all the 24 year olds was really, really off putting.

Matty’s season to me, flopped for a few reasons. The key reason being that I just don’t think Matty was being himself. The thing that was attractive about him was that jovial, boyish charm and he literally spent his season trying to be someone else. Some suave desirable city guy and it just didn’t work. Also his inability to hide his love for Laura really just made every scene with every other woman so dull and boring to watch. The other thing that turned me off about Matty’s season was his lack of compassion for anyone except Tara and Laura. He literally couldn’t care less that he sent home girls every week. Sophie and Georgia were compassionate to each and every person they sent home and it was endearing.

Ultimately, I think one of the reasons Richie’s season and Georgia’s season worked was because casting was great. Richie had a great group of girls I thought and even though I disliked her, Keira was a good villain. Jen and Leah were just petty whinge school girls IMO.

All JMO

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 am

Good Post I agree
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:21 pm

romance realist wrote:I agree with you all.
The show has no romance or suspense any more.
Unless I can invest in someone over the course of the program, the show doesn't hold my interest.
Even following a fave to the dreaded F2 spot beats indifference.
I liked the earlier daggy format more than this more controlled approach.
There is no reality left in this reality TV show.
Stu may be an interesting character (Not for me though), but they have met, and could have hooked up outside of the show.
Same for Matty and Laura.
Despite Sophie being a good lead, I haven't even watched all of the episodes this season, so low is my interest.
I suppose I will get more books read in the future, that's something. deadhorse

Re the bolded: I totally agree. I'd prefer an unrequited love story than the predictability of how this year's shows have gone. It's just boring and predictable that even contestants that I may like more than others (like James this season) I still am not emotionally invested in. Even the "villains" I feel seem like they are in on it as well and playing a role. TBH, I feel like they all just are playing roles and that's all it is as it feels so scripted to me.

Not invested = the two words that describe how I feel this year with the Aussie shows sad
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Is it over between The Bachelorette couple already?

It's been rumoured for weeks that Stu Laundy is set to win Sophie Monk's heart on The Bachelorette.

But now various reports have surfaced that the couple have already split with the former Bardot singer 'fleeing to Thailand to mend her broken heart'.

According to Woman's Day well placed insiders have informed the publication that the 37-year-old has 'called time' on her romance with the $500 million pub heir due to his partying lifestyle and female admirers.

The insider claimed that while Sophie is currently holidaying in Thailand, Stu has been spotted 'getting cosy with a Sydney socialite'.

The magazine alleged that after filming the reality series, Sophie 'began to have doubts' about Stu.

'Sophie doesn't really like all the events and parties but Stu is the opposite, he loves the glitz and glamour.

'He is always surrounded by gorgeous girls hoping to get the VIP treatment,' the source added.

NW magazine also back the claims and alleged that Stu has already moved on with Sophie being left inconsolable.

'Sophie is a wreck right now,' The insider said claiming that the winner is 'basking in female attention he's got from the show.'

'We don't know what's happened - maybe it all went to his head. Either way Soph's broken right now,' the source added.

The insider told the magazine that Sophie fell for the 44 year-old for his level of commitment.

'Her feelings for him were real. She truly believed he was genuinely looking for love with her,' they added.

Daily Mail Australia have reached out to Stu Laundy and Channel Ten for comment.

Source

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 am

Never before until this year have I felt like the Aussie shows are more fake than even the USA shows considering how rigged it seems to be, especially if Stu is F1 after Laura was F1. Because what are the odds that BOTH leads in the same year would choose people they had met before the show even started and in a year that Ten is in dire financial straits?? Sorry not buying it Suspect
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Never before until this year have I felt like the Aussie shows are more fake than even the USA shows considering how rigged it seems to be, especially if Stu is F1 after Laura was F1. Because what are the odds that BOTH leads in the same year would choose people they had met before the show even started and in a year that Ten is in dire financial straits?? Sorry not buying it Suspect

Absolutely agree. I think some of the appeal of this show is bringing two people together who may not have crossed paths otherwise (like Georgia/Lee, Snez/Sam) but when you have people who probably would have ended up together anyway it cheapens the show and to be honest makes the other contestants seem like they wasted their time.

The producers need to do something about this predictability IMO Luke’s elimination did come out of nowhere but thy have to do something about Sportsbet leaking it every year. It makes everyone lose interest. JMO

Even the general public have cottoned on to the format and can see who will stay and go. Surely they can change it up a bit? Why use the same formula year in and year out?

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 pm

I re-watched Apollo's 2 dates, Stu's date and James date last night purely to listen to the music.

Did anyone notice that when Stu got serious and started telling Sophie why he was there... that he got the same background music as when Laura told Matty she was falling in love with him?

I found that very telling.

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:25 pm

ssin0547 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Never before until this year have I felt like the Aussie shows are more fake than even the USA shows considering how rigged it seems to be, especially if Stu is F1 after Laura was F1. Because what are the odds that BOTH leads in the same year would choose people they had met before the show even started and in a year that Ten is in dire financial straits?? Sorry not buying it Suspect

Absolutely agree. I think some of the appeal of this show is bringing two people together who may not have crossed paths otherwise (like Georgia/Lee, Snez/Sam) but when you have people who probably would have ended up together anyway it cheapens the show and to be honest makes the other contestants seem like they wasted their time.

The producers need to do something about this predictability IMO Luke’s elimination did come out of nowhere but thy have to do something about Sportsbet leaking it every year. It makes everyone lose interest. JMO

Even the general public have cottoned on to the format and can see who will stay and go. Surely they can change it up a bit? Why use the same formula year in and year out?

Sydney and Melbourne are so small. After their season, a photo surfaced of Tim and Anna who had a few years earlier worked at the same event. I am pretty sure that Georgia and Lee had said they had worked out that they were at the same event in Melbourne a year earlier but had not met and Laura and Matty both clearly frequent Bondi so they would have at the very least seen each other at some point. No-one has negated the story that Stu invited Sophie on his boat, the crew went on the yacht and Sophie was a no-show. I am not saying the past few seasons have not been overproduced and it could well have been that producers approached Stu after his time on SBS, but I think these cast members having been in some sort of contact is an occupational hazard of running in these small circles. There is also the strong possibility that the lead will connect with someone that comes from and lives in their extended circle. IMO it may not be as satisfying but it does make sense.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 am

Sam seems likable but he has a sad case of the combover blues. It's ridiculous how he's hiding the obvious

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 am

I have to admit I am shocked that it looks like James leaves at F5. It kind of makes me think that Sophie has already decided at this point who she wants to be with because surely she would have kept him longer than Blake??

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:50 am

stoneleigh wrote:I have to admit I am shocked that it looks like James leaves at F5. It kind of makes me think that Sophie has already decided at this point who she wants to be with because surely she would have kept him longer than Blake??

IMO Blake was cast to play a role just like Leah was on Matty's season.  

I think it would have already been decided when he would leave.  It's why he IMO has shown very little interest in getting to know Sophie - he knew he had a free ride to the F4 so why bother?  

Same with several others IMO - Sam IMO was hired to be the principal narrator and giving him the DD rose was a production decision to justify keeping him around despite his lewd comments.  

And I think Jarrod will most likely be kept till F2 but not because Sophie wants him there, more so people will tune in to see if he has an epic meltdown when she picks Stu.  Ratings bonanza.

IMO for AU Bach and Bachette 2017 the only people who actually went through the application process were the MOTs.  Villains, narrators, F1s and F2s were all approached by TPTB, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:09 am

Completely agree @AllAboutLove and this is the exact reason the sparkle has gone from the show.
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
AEF
romance realist
Storybook
stoneleigh
LeapofFaith
Emayem
BlueJeans
SugarAndSpice
Idlemess
Sundy
Bobette