SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by SugarAndSpice Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 pm

My apologies, I have been absent from the forum for this week, so I'm not sure if someone has posted this... but it is by far the best thing EVER to come from the bachelor/bachelorette Aus shows IMO. Hat's off to ABC cantstopl

Source: ABC iView FB
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ssin0547 Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 am

I sleuth finale location to be the marriot resort. It’s a new hotel about an hour and a half from the airport. Soph and her family are definitely at the marriot. The actual frc could be an Island close by but marriot is a massive hotel with secluded areas so it could have been there too.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Madgp Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 am

Does anyone else think that Sophie is trying to trick us about when she came back from Thailand?

Her and Oscar’s social media (insta live) make it look like they only came back on the 19th/20th however when she spoke to Kyle and Jackie O on the 13th she said she was jet lagged. Conveniently Stu flew to the Gold Coast on the 11th/12th so maybe they had a secret week together while everyone thought she was still in Thailand?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4976972/Stu-Laundy-arrives-Sophie-Monk-s-hometown-Gold-Coast.html

Madgp

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:11 pm

After watching this season so far Sophie is one of the smartest leads ever imo. She reminds me the most of Sam Frost. To me, those two knew how production worked and ensured that the people they let go would benefit them the most when it came to audience reaction. Because as much as it can be said that Sophie spared Luke or James' feelings, the reality is she spared herself backlash imo... and letting go those guys early on ensured that she wouldn't get huge backlash later by the ending.

Sophie knows how TV works and how production works. Sam Frost was the same. Sam was able to ensure that she sent Richie home at F3 and she staved off a ton of backlash because the minute she did she was tweeting that she wanted Richie to be the bachelor. So Sam was able to have some control of the edit during production/filming as well as when it was airing. Same as Sophie with her during filming and while the show airing. Even more in Sophie's case, I think Sophie having seen how the show works and because she asked to be the Bette was able to do this even more.

I think both of them just had the ability to know how a show like this could be edited and what contestants would fit which edit and so they were able to push for a narrative that would garner them the least backlash. Super smart imo Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 4256136633
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Sophie is an actress and has played her part well. But as for avoiding backlash I have to disagree. If the posts on FB are indicative of general public reaction then Sophie not choosing Apollo is not going to go well for her. And if she chooses Stu, who is not well liked or trusted by most of the public, again she will not be well thought of. On top of this, people are saying if Sophie chooses Stu the show is fake and not worth watching again.

I personally can't see anything good coming from this series. Yes, Sophie has rekindled her career, but IMO it comes at a price. And if she eliminates Apollo for Jarrod or Stu she will probably be in tears again at the public outcry over her choice.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 am

All leads get some backlash that's a given, but it's about lessening the OTT backlash endings, like with what happened with Nikki, Matty, etc that makes Sophie smart. By Sophie not taking Luke and especially James further, she totally avoided OTT backlash imo. Even how production dressed James in velvet tux in first episode (like past F1/F2 Lee and Matty were dressed like this) as well as placed James in the center spot for first night group pic (same as Matty was) as well as James edit (he got the best edit this season imo) all makes me think production wanted James in the F2 spot a la Matty (or at least, in F4) but no doubt to me Sophie made sure that wouldn't happen and eliminated James before HTDs.

It's why I don't see it being the same type of backlash ending regardless of Sophie's F1 imo. Especially with Stu. Stu is married still and had a vasectomy so I would think the backlash would be HUGE!!! Yet honestly, it hasn't been OTT backlash with Stu imo. It's like viewers have just accepted it regarding Stu (something I don't see being accepted in other seasons). And as much as viewers may like Apollo, the comments are nowhere near the type of fandom I've seen before. I'd even say that Tara for Matty's season had way more fandom than what Apollo has and to me it's more him being pushed for next Bach lead than being with Sophie that I see from edit/SM/Media. I definitely don't see huge backlash with Apollo if he's not F1 and think that is attributed to his age and him being younger and it works in Sophie's favor that Apollo is in F3 and not James instead (even better if Apollo is F3 so not even at FRC). 

From what I can gather, Sophie being on different shows already and how she is able to turn public opinion - for example... she went on Kyle and Jackie O crying about how she got backlash for James (honestly it was rather tame imo when it come to backlash that some of these leads have gotten). Yet Sophie was all in tears and crying and the media picks that up and then comments are all "shame poor Sophie" etc etc. Same as when Sophie said and posted to Australia before the season even started to please have her back. 

So no matter what happens imo Sophie will come out of this much much better than past leads and it will be due to her strategy to lessen backlash for herself - which she ensured during filming and continuing narrative now during airing of the show. The fact that so many comments on SM I read on how they love Sophie but not the season is testament that no matter what, Sophie will be fine and regardless whether the relationship lasts or not, I don't think she will get anywhere near the backlash past leads got.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:30 am

Madgp wrote:Does anyone else think that Sophie is trying to trick us about when she came back from Thailand?

Her and Oscar’s social media (insta live) make it look like they only came back on the 19th/20th however when she spoke to Kyle and Jackie O on the 13th she said she was jet lagged. Conveniently Stu flew to the Gold Coast on the 11th/12th so maybe they had a secret week together while everyone thought she was still in Thailand?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4976972/Stu-Laundy-arrives-Sophie-Monk-s-hometown-Gold-Coast.html  

Hey @Madgp, Daily Mail have ripped off your theory and written an article about it.  Welcome to the forum!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5014781/Did-Sophie-Monk-secret-rendezvous-Stu-Laundy.html
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 am

I’ve loved Sophie as lead but the horrendous casting in the beginning completely put me off this season. Not having a season preview was ridiculous AND TPTB really need to do something about Sportsbet as now everyone knows that whoever Sportsbet list with least odds is the winner.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:12 am

This season was something else...

F1 that is still married with 4 kids and who had met Soph before and tried to date her before and went on the show as an intruder to date her and started a public IG account (that many of us thought was a fake stalker account) and was the spoiled winner before he was even on the show!

I really hope it works out for Sophie and Stu is the real deal and it lasts (and that Stu will finally get that divorce and his vasectomy won't be an issue so Soph can have the kids she said she wants and of course that he will treat her right and that none of the playboy rumors about him are true)
Also, Please Channel Ten... NO MORE F1s that met or knew the lead before they started filming  Praying

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+12
AEF
romance realist
Storybook
stoneleigh
LeapofFaith
Emayem
BlueJeans
SugarAndSpice
Idlemess
Sundy
Bobette