SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NYC - Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:41 pm

Yeah, I'm not seeing a lot of love for Colton out there. IMO, TPTB have chosen him just because he will be very compliant and not cause any problems. He'll do anything they ask... just like a puppet.

Not what I want to see when I watch this show.

Back to top Go down

NYC - Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Colton does still have the highest following among the three Bachelor potentials. He only came in with 39k, so most of that has been due to his time on the show. I think his fan base is probably a silent majority. When you look at some of the most highly-rated leads from the franchise, like Ben H, Sean, and Jake, he fits into that group more than Jason or Blake, at least on a superficial level (athlete, Christian, conventionally good-looking, good family, charity work, etc). I think they're definitely taking a risk if it is indeed him, which I think it will be, but it also makes sense to me.

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:12 am

albean99 wrote:I have nothing against Colton except I don't think he'll be a good lead and the last two Bachelors weren't that great so was hoping for better. Jason would have been much better, imo.
I think he's a thin skinned egomaniac who's not nearly as genuine about settling down as Sean Lowe was, not nearly as charming & nice as Ben H was (at the time), not nearly as popular as Dean or Peter was at this time last year, & his response to Wendy Williams was extremely telling imo. Also, unrelated to any of these things, his smirk is fcking stupid. The show is reverting because the ratings have sucked the last few seasons but instead of stepping up and evolving (maybe contemplate not casting legitimate sex offenders), they're giving us the same old stale product we've seen fifty-leven times before. Lovely. I doubt Dollar Tree Sean is gonna work out quite as well as the original but we'll have to wait & see. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:30 am

ReneeM wrote:
albean99 wrote:I have nothing against Colton except I don't think he'll be a good lead and the last two Bachelors weren't that great so was hoping for better. Jason would have been much better, imo.
I think he's a thin skinned egomaniac who's not nearly as genuine about settling down as Sean Lowe was, not nearly as charming & nice as Ben H was (at the time), not nearly as popular as Dean or Peter was at this time last year, & his response to Wendy Williams was extremely telling imo. Also, unrelated to any of these things, his smirk is fcking stupid. The show is reverting because the ratings have sucked the last few seasons but instead of stepping up and evolving (maybe contemplate not casting legitimate sex offenders), they're giving us the same old stale product we've seen fifty-leven times before. Lovely. I doubt Dollar Tree Sean is gonna work out quite as well as the original but we'll have to wait & see. Jmo.

I somehow don't see the third season of Colton...in a row...helping with ratings. Frankly, I hope they tank. They are making dumber and dumber casting choices. This season they legitimately had some good choices and they picked the dumbest. Their casting department should all be fired.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am

That's what annoys me most. This time there was several options fans actually liked and they still picked Colton.  NYC - Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 1f611
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:45 am

@Sprite, from your mouth to God’s ears. I have no intention of watching if Colton is announced but already anticipate I will be reading about how they will be overboard with the the virgin story line. So I only wish an epic fail in the ratings, like worse than Arie’s ratings if Colton is announced tomorrow. About time Fleiss et al know that the viewers’ opinions also matter not just the IMHO thrash storyboard they want to sell season after season lately.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:53 am

bluwavz wrote:That's what annoys me most. This time there was several options fans actually liked and they still picked Colton.  NYC - Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 74 1f611
Exactly like last season. Multiple options that fans loved from Rachel's season and somehow we ended up with fckn Arie, and we saw how well that worked out. I'm sure Colton has his fans but fan fave he is not imo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 am

@ReneeM That's why this choice surprises me. I thought they would've learned from last year when they got backlash from picking Arie. I could understand it if it was a situation like JoJo's season where her guys sucked and they had little choice but to go with Nick. I don't get how they still pick Colton after how he's behaved on SM and the MTA and when there's other options fan like.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 am

So, are we pretty sure that Colton will be TB? Is there no hope? Have TPTB lost their ever lovin' minds?

I don't sleuth but read sleuthers' posts faithfully. My joy is observing/commenting on episodes and I don't look forward to a season dwelling on Colton's virginity. No judgement there, but the subject is kinda like "all in" to me; it grates after the 42nd time.

Last edited by Doats on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected typos)

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:28 am

I really do think it's all about getting back those conservative "Middle America" viewers they've lost over the last three seasons. I just don't think that Jason or Blake will appeal to them in the same way Colton will. I also think Colton is probably more popular than it seems, given his very high social media following. It's probably a silent fan base, similar to how Sean's was back during Emily's season. 

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:58 am

But Middle America is very conservative IMHO so what kind of story line are they going to give them that will get them to watch Colton? If nothing wholesome (not thrash TV) as folks in that part of the country want, then no way the ratings will come IMHO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by barbell Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 am

I think they are going after a younger audience who Colton appeals to because of his age and looks. We older wiser ladies ar no longer of interest :tissuebox
barbell
barbell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Potential Lead - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+97
cookielover12
SeekAny
Mustang19
ReneeM
jojo47