SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Iluvbachette Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:11 pm

I know every one is down on Arie and his decision. But (JMO) it is all in the filming. Here is my take. Arie knew all along he wanted to pick Lauren. The voice of reason drama (TPTB) needed to come up with a back up plan. And since they knew that Becca was a very popular choice for a Bachelorette they came up with this idea. (Repeat a Jason) but in a different way. Jason broke up with Melissa on live tv. Which did not go over very well. So they come up with plan 2 record the break up. But to not have Becca know anything they plan a weekend get together. When Arie greets Becca he only gives her a kiss on the cheek. That should of been the first clue to anyone that things weren't going so well. Especially when you are engaged. Another clue was Becca saying she's in Michigan and he's in AZ so they haven't had a lot of time together. At the final rose you hear Arie vo say I only wanted to tell Lauren I love her not goodbye. Clue again. Now fast forward to ATFR. By this time Becca knows she is the next bachelorette. So she doesn't go to hard on Arie. But wait a minute all of a sudden after Arie and Lauren are away out of sight. CH announces Becca as the next bachelorette. So out comes all the stage crew, flowers lights etc.. Oh but wait here is a large screen of the mansion. Hmmm That takes time to have made up. I don't recall that ever being present in any of the past shows. Also some of the bachelor's. So they would of had to of been contacted prior to get them on the show. I would say chances are there was enough rumor mill out there that some guys contacted the show. So it all makes sense TPTB planned it all. Once they knew for sure Arie was going to pick Lauren. The tight body language at her parents house speaks volumes. But what I have not figured out is the difference in filming clips at the door. Splice and dice shall we say. When they greet Lauren's head is to Arie's left. But once inside it is on the right of his head. And her arm placements are different as well. It could be they just needed a better camera angle. I suspect maybe a kiss took place because she knew he had broken up with Becca at that point. And as they walk into the living room they have their arms around each other. All of this is jmo.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by North Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:21 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Good point! I didn’t even consider that hypocrisy. It didn’t get enough deserved attention here in the midst of workout-gate, but that video of them making fun of the paps as they “hid out” was so unappealing to me. It made them come across as very full of themselves, unlikable, and not at all self aware about the idiocy of this all imo. They were acting like they thought they were a couple of A-listers. I’ve never seen any other contestant or couple from the franchise act that self important or not self aware. JMO. It just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Taking into account the VERY NEXT story is them littlerally papping another guy... and it’s just duh  Not the brightest, and not the kindest, these two.

JMO.

Is someone keeping track of all the "gates?" Not going to lie, "sock-gate" was my favorite. giggling giggling giggling

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 pm

This is Arie and Lauren's thread, let's leave Becca out of it.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Iluvbachette wrote:I know every one is down on Arie and his decision. But (JMO) it is all in the filming. Here is my take. Arie knew all along he wanted to pick Lauren. The voice of reason drama (TPTB) needed to come up with a back up plan. And since they knew that Becca was a very popular choice for a Bachelorette they came up with this idea. (Repeat a Jason) but in a different way. Jason broke up with Melissa on live tv. Which did not go over very well. So they come up with plan 2 record the break up. But to not have Becca know anything they plan a weekend get together. When Arie greets Becca he only gives her a kiss on the cheek. That should of been the first clue to anyone that things weren't going so well. Especially when you are engaged. Another clue was Becca saying she's in Michigan and he's in AZ so they haven't had a lot of time together. At the final rose you hear Arie vo say I only wanted to tell Lauren I love her not goodbye. Clue again. Now fast forward to ATFR. By this time Becca knows she is the next bachelorette. So she doesn't go to hard on Arie. But wait a minute all of a sudden after Arie and Lauren are away out of sight. CH announces Becca as the next bachelorette. So out comes all the stage crew, flowers lights etc.. Oh but wait here is a large screen of the mansion. Hmmm That takes time to have made up. I don't recall that ever being present in any of the past shows. Also some of the bachelor's. So they would of had to of been contacted prior to get them on the show. I would say chances are there was enough rumor mill out there that some guys contacted the show. So it all makes sense TPTB planned it all. Once they knew for sure Arie was going to pick Lauren. The tight body language at her parents house speaks volumes. But what I have not figured out is the difference in filming clips at the door. Splice and dice shall we say. When they greet Lauren's head is to Arie's left. But once inside it is on the right of his head. And her arm placements are different as well. It could be they just needed a better camera angle. I suspect maybe a kiss took place because she knew he had broken up with Becca at that point. And as they walk into the living room they have their arms around each other. All of this is jmo.
 BOLDING added by me.

So what you are saying is that you think Arie proposed to Becca, slept with Becca multiple times over 7-8 weeks, professed his love to her, encouraged her to move to AZ and talked about houses, albeit at the behest of TPTB, all the time knowing he was going to dump her? Wow!  If that really what took place, that would, IMO, make Arie toe jam.

Just curious, at what point do you think Lauren was in one the whole thing?  

I have no problem in agreeing that Becca knew she was Bachelorette prior to AFTR part 1 or part 2, perhaps even weeks before airing.  There were contracts to be arranged, fittings to be had, the works, so no dispute there.

Last edited by eirekay on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:59 pm

mindless wrote:
Amberish wrote:
missnana wrote:I lived in Europe and I have visited Spain many times, what these two have done is very very frowned upon by the general population. People over there do not take lightly to being filmed without consent and it could get into legality issues if it's causing emotional/mental harm. Which this case would be a perfect candidate for that since they were positing it to such a large audience.

Working out in a busy gym does not mean people are seeking for attention, it means they want to work on their health and better them selves. IMO Most people do not have the luxury to go to a private/more exclusive gym. JMO I go to a gym almost everyday who is very busy and I would be livid if anyone is filming me to post to SM while I am minding my own business. I don't even use social media because I care about my privacy, so why would you violate my choice not to be put on the wide web ?! imo People like them should be shamed about this and put in their place because behavior like this is very harmful to others. We all deserve to be respected in our own private lives and it is not much to ask IMO
I also lived in Europe, like you, traveled extensively and I don't agree, whatsoever with the above premise. I also went to gyms DAILY and that's probably why, IMO, I get it. 

We are not talking about a busy gym, we're talking about a busy gym with one room that has a gigantic fishbowl window that faces a busy street. IMO, without a doubt, those gym patrons who WANT TO BE WATCHED are crowded in front of that fishbowl window with what appears to be inches of space between them to move around. 

Doesn't make you giggle? Does me!  giggling   rotfl cantstopl

It looks like a fitness class to me. People seem to be doing circuit training around the room. There are people at the back of the room as well as near the window. I can't even begin to understand what is funny about it. dizzy Have Arie and Lauren never been to a fitness class? They just look like idiots laughing at nothing IMO.
That is definitely not a circuit training class. My opinion from extensive experience. 

This is the way I look at life. I have choices. I can either look for the good and laugh whenever I can. Or I can contribute to making others feel miserable by sharing ugly thoughts. I much prefer the former!
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Amberish wrote:
We are not talking about a busy gym, we're talking about a busy gym with one room that has a gigantic fishbowl window that faces a busy street. IMO, without a doubt, those gym patrons who WANT TO BE WATCHED are crowded in front of that fishbowl window with what appears to be inches of space between them to move around. 

Doesn't make you giggle? Does me!  giggling   rotfl cantstopl
IMO the video was hilarious and their commentary was juvenile. Rather tame compared to "World's Dumbest" which is 10 times worse.

This is just one big storm in a glass water. They just need to realize that the haters are going to hate. All just IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Since there was much discussion in the previous thread about rules regarding sponsored/comped posts, I’ve been paying more attention to whether or not #ad is always attached to BN people’s posts. For example/comparison purposes only, I noticed that Becca Tilley, like Arie & Lauren, just tagged/“@“ the hotel and did not put #ad or something similar in her latest post. Since she does this sort of thing regularly, I would imagine she would be familiar with the necessary requirements. Perhaps A/L and Becca got similar deals for their hotel stays.

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 53 698cc110
beccatilley IG

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 53 D7d44e10
laureneburnham IG

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:01 pm

sosleepy wrote:1F and RE are not much different to me. It’s just my opinion, but 1F being utterly thrashed for years at the alter of RE never seemed justified or fair. JMO. It’s kind of been like 6 years in the making for me to see Arie get a little justified heat coming his way. As a former 1F fan that is. Still, it’s nothing compared to some things that have been said and implied about Jef. JMO.

Both are super questionable and it’s no shocker they were so close during filming. Emily had awful guys to chose from. Cheesey Sean was the only one worth anything, it retrospect. Hindsight is always 20/20.

JMO

ad - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 53 3806527698  I was always a Sean fan. I refused to even consider juvenile Jeff and refused on principle to spell his pretentious name that way. From the pompadour hair, the skate board and the Bermuda shorts I always saw him as an attention seeker and clearly not someone ready for the responsibility of a child. While I didn't mind Arie...he was cuter back then, plus he did have a few moments of humour...I was never gung ho about him either. The ensuing years have pretty much confirmed my initial thoughts.

I was willing to give Arie a chance. While the rumours of his womanizing were still there...they had been an issue before Em's season as well...I did think he had fallen for Em so you never know. I think the fact that I was unspoiled for most of the season really helped me see him more clearly. I found him to be incredibly boring...which actually did surprise me. I thought he had a sense of humour from his first appearance and I thought he was well liked by tptb and they would edit him similarly to Sean....lots of making fun of himself and jokes at his expense. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Instead I got vapid conversation...more than usual...no humour and someone who couldn't even think for himself. I'm trying to forget the horrid mmmm kissing. I didn't really care who he picked. By the end I did see the connection with Lauren and thought she was as dull and vapid as he was. Becca seemed nice enough but she wasn't exactly setting the place on fire either.

The switch was brutal and should have been unnecessary. I saw more of Becca's personality in the AFTR than during the whole season. The same goes for Lauren. While what I saw of Becca post show made me like her more, what I saw of Lauren post show made me like her less...and the more I see...the less I like...of both Lauren and Arie. I find them both to be immature, self centered, vapid, thoughtless and inconsiderate. They are now by far, my least favourite couple....and they haven't even got out of the bubble yet. I am beginning to wonder just how low they can go?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:56 pm

My mindset having studied MF&CO for many years, no low is low enough. 
One of the things I sleuth a lot is the people behind the curtain. The mechanics of the show etc. It uses the cast with their strengths and weaknesses to their advantage. It never excuses cast, of course, it simply make it easier to meet goals.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 am

Diana wrote:i just feel so bad for Lauren’s lack of awareness JMO giving up your entire life for a man who can’t commit long term is never going to end well. 

JMO
I didn't know that we knew he can't commit. Isn't that for them to decide?? IMO

sosleepy wrote:It’s my belief that if you are truly content and happy in your heart, no need to put on a silly show like this. It looks so fake.

Also, real celebs don’t act like this either. They truly do look like wanna be show ponies. laugh out loud Someone needs to tell them the Bachelor is over, cause they STILL look like they are filming a 1:1 here!! laugh out loud So dumb. IMO 

JMO.
I am having a hard time thinking that they are redicilous or acting shameful. They are a couple that are enjoying THEIR lives. Isn't that what's important.....it's not my life so IMO, I don't really have a right to tell them that they shouldn't act or live it a certain way like I am seeing on SM. It's crazy all the negativity out there trying to tell an obviously happy couple that they can't live this way or that, act this way or that.....seriously, I wouldn't ever do that since it's not my life....ALL IMO!

Lucas15 wrote:
North wrote:*** snip ***

I kid, I kid...but only just a little. This couple is so very different from the ones before, that it is fun and silly and only slightly ridiculous to entertain their warp speed desires. But hey -- it's Lauren and Arie's life together, let 'em start living it as quickly as passionately as they want.

All IMO.

I have to agree. It would be totally hypocritical to say I think they need to slow down because once my wife and I decided to get married it simply couldn't happen fast enough for us. We married about 4 weeks after we got engaged and the only reason it took that long was that she had a 10 day vacation trip planned and paid for months earlier - otherwise it would have been more like a two week engagement. That was 36 years ago and we still have "it". At our age (we're "old and gross" as Lauren once said) we realize that none of us knows how long we have but as long as we have our health and each other we're happy and simply don't want to waste time that we could enjoy passionately.
@Lucas15, I am in the same circle as you.....I seriously have no right telling another couple to slow their relationship. My husband and I met, fell in love, moved half way cross country and were married all within 6 weeks and NO it wasn't a pregnancy that forced the issue. Just some couples can know where they stand, want to get to the next step and if that happens fast, then it's their lives to do it in, not mine or others....and like you Lucas, We too are old and gross as Lauren says and we love it that way. We are near 30 years in and way behind the hard muscles and skinny body stage and more like in the cottage cheese stage, but I think that us starting early and fast allowed us to have a better and fuller life earlier. That is the way we chose to do it cause it is our lives....just like Lauren and Arie are doing it their way cause it is their lives....isn't that what matters most? What they do doesn't directly affect me and I choose to see the positive in it instead of all the negative things that could of been found in this situation, but that's just me. ALL IMO.

Kashathediva wrote:I didn't think it was so awful. They're having fun. JMO
I thought that they were having fun as well....oh well.

Kashathediva wrote:I just listened to it a third time. They are laughing. Saying "I can't". The guy they are looking at has his butt practically in the face of another person in back of him. That's what I think they are laughing at. 
I'm sorry. I don't see a horrific crime. They are not calling anyone any derogatory names or making any rude comments other than laughing and saying look at that and I can't. Maybe my audio is cutting off.
I don't see the horrific crime neither. I really don't understand the big deal with the video. You are right, they aren't calling anyone anything. They are a couple that is having fun, a couple that is enjoying their lives and being positive about it.....I love their positivity!! All IMO

missnana wrote:Libbie is the perfect match for Arie imo They are meant for each other imo
Who the heck is Libbie. If you are talking about Lauren, can we not just say her name? Doesn't that make sense?? IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 am

SORRY FOR MY DOUBLE POST

sosleepy wrote:
Alanna wrote:Imo this board and this poster were very pro Arie until Arie confirmed and reconfirmed and confirmed once again they everyone else (other women) were right all along about him.

Yeah, exactly this. Historically this board was super pro - Arie. From the way founding beginning up until recently when the evidence just started piling against him. That was my point. Thanks for expressing it with more concise wording. 

Imo

I am answering both down here.  IMO, when it was announced that Becca was the F1, the board addoration grew for both Becca and Arie.  Then from the moment it was spoiled that there was a switch, the board itself drastically switched to being like another poster said, about 90% against Arie.  I just have a really hard time trying to figure out why....yes, I know that he switch, BUT he did it to follow his heart.  I don't think that anyone, especially me can say 100% that we know EXACTLY why and what happened.  Because of that, I choose to NOT be negative which is IMO a HUGE waste of time and energy.  I think that Lauren and Arie are getting so many negative comments bordering on bullying on SM and other areas.  It so sad that this couple has to deal with that crap and negativity where ever they go.  IMO, it's their lives....they don't live in my back pocket so I am not thinking that their choices are affecting me much.  Therefore, I am not going to waste my time and energy being so negative and brutal to people that are in love and living their lives.  Some of the comments on SM are absolutely redicilous and definately stretching the bullying boundaries IMO.  It's really too bad that a couple that has found love needs to be berated and treated like crap.  I know they signed up on the show, but seriously.....why the constant negative bombardment on SM and other boards and comment areas.....ALL IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:25 am

Amberish wrote:We are not talking about a busy gym, we're talking about a busy gym with one room that has a gigantic fishbowl window that faces a busy street. IMO, without a doubt, those gym patrons who WANT TO BE WATCHED are crowded in front of that fishbowl window with what appears to be inches of space between them to move around. 

Doesn't make you giggle? Does me!

Coming late to the party, having heard a lot of critique over that IG story but only having just seen the video in question (thanks to a Reddit poster who saved the video and posted it). First of all it made me giggle as well - enough so that I suspect that if I was on vacation in Barcelona I think I would likely have shot a pic of it as well. Did anyone here invade any one else's privacy? IMO no - no one working out in front of a large picture window into a gym located on a busy street in full public view has any right to expect any privacy; if privacy was important to them they would have / should have picked a different gym. And for that matter - IMO that Reddit poster (or anyone else who capped the video and posted it for discussion anywhere) are as much guilty of the very same thing that Arie and Lauren have been accused of as Arie and Lauren are. You do something in full view of the public, then expect the public to see it - IMO.

I am also aware that many people feel that Arie and Lauren called the paps to photograph them. After seeing the video of paps talking to hotel staff on hotel grounds it's my opinion that if anyone actually "called the paps" it's more likely to have been the hotel staff than Arie and Lauren. From what I've read, this is a new hotel in a prime location in Barcelona and they seek to cater to a "high end" clientele with luxurious rooms. IMO how better to promote that hotel and build it's image as "the place to stay in Barcelona" than to have paps photograph pics of anyone who might be known (famous or semi-famous or anyone in the news) and publish them in the Daily Mail?

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727