SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 63 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 am

Aria wrote:I don't really understand the confusion. Becca specifically said that they were looking in houses in AZ and they were trying to figure out what to do with her apartment in Minnesota.

This is my opinion, no fact what so ever. Arie told Becca they need to look at houses in AZ to hold her off on making more official plans. They could not go look at houses together until after the season aired. With saying we need to look at houses, he strings Becca along without breaking up, while he makes sure that Lauren will take him back. This sounds like liar Arie to me. But again this is all IMO, not fact.

ETA: Mods, I have tried not to use the first F1s name in this thread per your request, but the thread keeps going there. Would a switcheroo thread still be applicable since the topic keeps coming up?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 63 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:26 am

I respect if you like Arie and Lauren. I get it if you are understanding of the complex situation he was in, and can acknowledge the mistakes he made, while still forgiving him and moving on. 

What I don’t get is the whitewashing of his many mistakes, and acting like this is everyone’s fault except for his. 

JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:38 am

stuckinsc wrote:This is my opinion, no fact what so ever. Arie told Becca they need to look at houses in AZ to hold her off on making more official plans. They could not go look at houses together until after the season aired. With saying we need to look at houses, he strings Becca along without breaking up, while he makes sure that Lauren will take him back. This sounds like liar Arie to me. But again this is all IMO, not fact.
I think that's very plausible. I still suspect the filmed break-up was because production threatened not to let him see Lauren otherwise. I think it's obvious he lied to Becca for at least 1 week, but most Bachelors do this when they've made up their minds weeks before dumping a woman on the show. So this is part of the agreement in my opinion. The show isn't finished until ATFR because that's when most of the restrictions of the contract end. So Arie followed the spirit of the contract with everything he did, he committed to being the Bachelor, and I think he will continue to be the Bachelor until the very end with an awesome filmed wedding! All IMO.

stuckinsc wrote:
ETA: Mods, I have tried not to use the first F1s name in this thread per your request, but the thread keeps going there. Would a switcheroo thread still be applicable since the topic keeps coming up?
In a switcheroo thread the topic may continue to shift towards how great Arie and Lauren are as a couple, and how they continue to prove they make a great couple, and how Arie ultimately did the right thing. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:40 am

sosleepy wrote:What I don’t get is the whitewashing of his many mistakes, and acting like this is everyone’s fault except for his. 

JMO.
I've heard people claim that the Bachelorettes know their F4 the first week and just play with the other contestants. I think part of the confusion is at what point the show ends and real life begins. IMO production has most of the power until ATFR, so the show ends there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:41 am

There aren't going to be any new threads on that issue. 
Y'all can continue to discuss on topic as much as you like. I don't think either side is going to sway the other. JMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:46 am

Kashathediva wrote:There aren't going to be any new threads on that issue. 
Y'all can continue to discuss on topic as much as you like. I don't think either side is going to sway the other. JMO.
You're so right, not even a little! :gotcha: cheeky

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:52 am

To keep OT and JMO, but I don't think real life has started yet for Arie and Lauren. I also don't think they have anticipated the backlash from their actions (just as I don't think they fully understand how horrible what they did really was). They may have their family support but can't imagine it's been easy for Lauren's family. IMO this couple is expecting many freebees and VIP treatments to come their way and think they will be surprised that Scottsdale just doesn't care and that the negativity attached to their "brand" isn't good for many sponsors. I think real life is going to be harsh for Lauren. All JMO of course.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:55 am

Roseforever you information is correct in a way that they know who the top runners are. Also the other girls especially those that don't get much air time are called fillers. They use them but not as the primary girls. As you can see through the episodes. There are a core group that they TPTB concentrate on. There is a little tip of who the f1 is by the LCD. This has held true through out all the seasons. I'm amazed they haven't changed this by now.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 am

Unless something has changed, every lead has and is asked by producers their top 4-6 the night of the first RC, that's nothing new nor is it just the Ettes.  The lead may change their minds on all or some of those original top 4, but most cases, at least 1-2 remain the top threw out filming.  IMO from what leads have said, TPTB continue to keep track of who the top contenders are throughout filming.  Arie mentioned in a podcast that Annalise, Krystal, Beks, and Becca were his original 4.  So his top 4 changed during filming and continued to change after the season finished filming as well.

Some you can tell are more checked out than others, but all leads have to maintain relationships with the cast, especially the top 4 and lead them on to an extent.  Its part of the show, its not just the Ettes being some awful person leading on multiple people.  It applies to every lead.  What varies IMO is how each lead handles their season, letting people go, showing sympathy and understanding towards the ones they have to let go or the ones struggling with the whole thing, etc.  And how they handle life, SM, interviews, etc. while the show itself is airing is another big indicator IMO.

The Ettes just tend to take the process more seriously, IMO, and find actual love as opposed to the bachelors who IMO tend to think with something other than their brains and when the chemistry and initial spark fizzles or they realize they need something more than just that in a relationship.  Friendship and mutual like of the other person is a big part of these relationships IMO or you will not have anything to start building a foundation on during SHVs and after you can actually be a real couple in public.

Now lets get back on topic to Arie and Lauren.

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:06 pm

I’m really confused at the mental gymnastics it takes to believe the dichotomy that Arie- the guy who broke the rules and went behind producer’s backs to see Emily in SC, the guy who went behind producer’s backs to DM Lauren (and Bekah, and whoever else) - is suddenly the same guy who is a producer rule follower with everything when it comes fiance #1 and the break up. He just had to keep it totally hush hush with Becca and get it on film cause the producers made him, and he’s such a rule follower. Apparently following producer rules to the T is only applicable for this guy when it comes to Becca. Otherwise, rules be damned. Rolling Eyes JMO. 

For me, going behind his “good friend’s” back to try to win back his fiancé... back in 2012, was the first time this guy showed me his true colors. His bs lie back then “I didn’t think/know Emily and Jef were engaged.” was such total and utter bull crap to me. 6 years later, he still pulls the same stuff. Shady behavior and weak excuses. “I just really wanted to make sure she could be The Bachelorette.” Give me a break. All my opinion. 

Again, if you can acknowledge all these mistakes and shortcomings, yet still say simply “it’s a complicated situation and I recognize he did things imperfectly. I still like him and like Arie and Lauren.” then I get it a little more, and could respect that line of thinking. Smiley 

JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 pm

sosleepy wrote:I’m really confused at the mental gymnastics it takes to believe the dichotomy that Arie- the guy who broke the rules and went behind producer’s backs to see Emily in SC, the guy who went behind producer’s backs to DM Lauren (and Bekah, and whoever else) - is suddenly the same guy who is a producer rule follower with everything when it comes fiance #1 and the break up. He just had to keep it totally hush hush with Becca and get it on film cause the producers made him, and he’s such a rule follower. Apparently following producer rules to the T is only applicable for this guy when it comes to Becca. Otherwise, rules be damned. Rolling Eyes JMO. 

For me, going behind his “good friend’s” back to try to win back his fiancé... back in 2012, was the first time this guy showed me his true colors. His bs lie back then “I didn’t think/know Emily and Jef were engaged.” was such total and utter bull crap to me. 6 years later, he still pulls the same stuff. Shady behavior and weak excuses. “I just really wanted to make sure she could be The Bachelorette.” Give me a break. All my opinion. 

Again, if you can acknowledge all these mistakes and shortcomings, yet still say simply “it’s a complicated situation and I recognize he did things imperfectly. I still like him and like Arie and Lauren.” then I get it a little more, and could respect that line of thinking. Smiley 

JMO.

Right on and Ita ! :claphands

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:28 pm

@sosleepy I agree with you. But I just don’t care. If people want to twist mental gymnastics for this couple. Go for it. IMO. 

I think time will tell and I believe that karma and such can be powerful things. #Liars will face it like anyone else. IMO. JoJo has proven to be the one for Jordan. If Lauren is that for Arie, cool, I will happily say I was wrong. If not, I won’t feel bad for Lauren if another girl shows as much respect for her relationship with Arie as she did for his with the first F1. As for Arie, I don’t know that he feels even the least little bit bad about his shadiness, so his karma may not be something we see. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727