SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by ReneeM Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 pm

I think a major problem in society is that boys aren't given room to express their emotions. It's always 'be a man' or 'toughen up' and they're pressured to bury their feelings & act a certain way in order to be accepted by society. Then they grow up to be problematic men and we wonder what went wrong. It starts at home. Garrett seems to have very clear, strict definitions of how a man should be. These beliefs might not directly affect Becca now but if they were to last and have children, how would they raise them? Yeah it's easy to drive a minivan and say you'll be a hands on dad but your philosophies in life are big part of how you raise your children. What if they have a gay child? What if they have son who'd rather watch makeup tutorials on youtube than go hunting? These are convos that should be had before getting engaged imo. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5 - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:
But TheWrongReasons wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:
star_D wrote:Those posts exist.

Here are some. If you followed him before, you  can still see those likes. It’s not photoshopped....
https://instagram.com/p/BcA0qVnBkP9/
https://instagram.com/p/Ba6hFL4BwNu/
https://instagram.com/p/Bdiw7CmhWDu/

I will get glammed for this but I don’t see those 3 as equal.  I personally see some truth in the last one.  Obviously imo.
I don’t mean this snarkily at all ... I’m just curious. Are you taking the last post literally and not as a meme?
I meant the last meme.  I do think some kids are too soft and not ready for the real world.   I didn’t read the comments just the memes.
I don’t agree at all. IMO boys/men should be able to work through their emotions however they need to without being shamed for it.
This will be my last post in this but this is where things get confused and people take these to have different meanings.  I agree everyone shoukD be able to express their emotions how they want.  I thought this was more in reference to the cry rooms schools are putting in.  I just think there are better use of those funds.

I agree with you on the cry rooms, etc. The third one is offensive because it uses pictures of young men who would be pegged as homosexual and that makes it a slam on that group.

I like to say we need to stop giving participation trophies, etc. But to place that thought over a picture of a non-white non-atypical person would turn it from the idea of increasing competitiveness to degrading to the group pictured.

A picture can negate a good set of words.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri May 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Alanna wrote:Idk, I kinda want a cry room right now because a fun baddy f1 was just seriously ruined with this BS for me and I love those f1’s usually.
Every room is a cry room for me if it's that kinda day laugh out loud. I hate crying in front of people but I'll go into any room by myself for minutes, shed a couple tears if that's how I feel, then go about my day. Crying is therapeutic laugh out loud.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Seriously? Cry rooms are a thing in schools? I have never heard of such a thing. speechless

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri May 25, 2018 1:01 pm

I think one school made a cry closet and it was pretty much universally slammed.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri May 25, 2018 1:10 pm

ReneeM wrote:I think a major problem in society is that boys aren't given room to express their emotions. It's always 'be a man' or 'toughen up' and they're pressured to bury their feelings & act a certain way in order to be accepted by society. Then they grow up to be problematic men and we wonder what went wrong. It starts at home. Garrett seems to have very clear, strict definitions of how a man should be. These beliefs might not directly affect Becca now but if they were to last and have children, how would they raise them? Yeah it's easy to drive a minivan and say you'll be a hands on dad but your philosophies in life are big part of how you raise your children. What if they have a gay child? What if they have son who'd rather watch makeup tutorials on youtube than go hunting? These are convos that should be had before getting engaged imo. All jmo.
She better pray her sons with G align with his ideals otherwise it’ll be a mess and therapy will be astronomical  no no She chose him and even if he didn’t overtly say anything, those beliefs likely permeated their interactions and since he was f1/front runner from fir, some part of her must agree with them too, even subconsciously. Imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Aria wrote:I think one school made a cry closet and it was pretty much universally slammed.

I’m a school nurse and I’ve never heard of cry rooms. There are spaces kids go when they are upset/frustrated to take a break. Usually those kids have a 504 plan or are in special education.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Fri May 25, 2018 1:29 pm

I’m curious to know what people think Garrett’s next move should be. Does he acknowledge it in some kind of post? Is there anything that makes this better at this point?
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Rolly wrote:
Aria wrote:I think one school made a cry closet and it was pretty much universally slammed.

I’m a school nurse and I’ve never heard of cry rooms. There are spaces kids go when they are upset/frustrated to take a break. Usually those kids have a 504 plan or are in special education.

Yeah, it was a college (university of Utah) and it literally was a closet. I think some people just call it that because it's their way of mocking the whole concept of safe spaces. And, maybe things have gone too far, but they were originally designed as a way to make LGBT people feel safe and given the bullying and violence they face, I think there's a place for them.

It's probably the least offensive meme he liked, but it's all just so hypocritical. Garrett has never served his country and Garrett was so hurt by "words" that he had to erase his entire IG account, but he can't fathom 18-y/os who are bullied needing help. So easy to dismiss and judge when it's not happening to you. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 pm

SeekAny wrote:I’m curious to know what people think Garrett’s next move should be. Does he acknowledge it in some kind of post? Is there anything that makes this better at this point?
This is just impossible at this point imo. One like or two likes or one bad statement, ok, you can come back from the public’s eyes but pages and pages? I can’t imagine retracting somehow in a believable way imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Well by the sounds of it. It looks like Becca will break the success of having 3 Ettes in a row be in successful relationships  

Poor Becca (I think) I like her and only wish her the best.   But I have to put her up there  with Amanda. She is a bad boy picker.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Fri May 25, 2018 1:39 pm

It’s going to be so weird to watch a seemingly nice guy on TV fall in love and watch Becca fall in love with him, and yet we now know all this backstory. The average viewer like my mother for instance would never know the history and they will probably all fall in love with the Becca and Garrett love story. It’s a new territory for the show, that’s for sure.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 79 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Media SM - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #5

+94
lstiff
Minney
NCGalBecca
North
Kels0012
Norcalgal
mysthelma
kmick0890
Imp
ishkabaha
pavalygurl