SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Episode Jan 28th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Episode Jan 28th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Episode Jan 28th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by SpinCycle Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:10 am

Is the episode now in Singapore? I haven't watched the episode yet but I will to see where they shoot here in Singapore. It's nice to see the location that mostly you are familiar with. Smiley
SpinCycle
SpinCycle

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Episode Jan 28th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Episode Jan 28th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Julie81 Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:09 am

Yes, this episode was filmed in Singapore. The bachelor franchise has never filmed there before.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:50 pm

Jolena wrote:
SeekAny wrote:I’m starting to come around to Colton. He’s a genuinely good guy you can tell. I really appreciated the way he listened to Caelynn’s story, it was her moment, he let her have it and gave thoughtful responses. I thought she came across extremely well, to use this as her platform for Miss America and to talk about it as clearly and gracefully as she did, she earns major respect in my book. This convo I’m sure touched a lot of people tonight, and it’s nice to see this show can still do that. Even better that her and Hannah mended fences, even if it was for appearances sake. It’s better to support each other than take each other down. I enjoyed that much more than the other drama going on. 

He is totally smitten with Cassie. And she seems to be way into him as well. They have a really cute and natural chemistry. This will make the unusual ending even more interesting because I think there is a genuine connection there.

I've read a few different endings. Will be interesting to see which one is the right one and how it's played out. Does Cassie get a fantasy date? Does Cassie meet his family? Did Cassie leave the show? Did Colton go after her and there is NO FRC?. Are they engaged or just dating? So many different scenario's .

Oh the possibilities ! Just watching Cassie being so emotional last night about Caelynn and Colton got me thinking that maybe Cassie left because she was an emotional mess/mixed feelings about the fact that Colton was going into FS with the F3 and/or the fact that she may not end up F1. She left the ship before sinking too deep. The rest will be history :-). JMO.
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Robert Mills wrote:Robert Mills @Millsy11374

#TheBachelor ratings up again!  Thank you #Bachelornation!!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Millsy11374/status/1090285185097035777?p=v
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Even though I knew what to expect with the date r*pe conversation it was so sad to watch. It is terrible enough to shatter a young girls illusions of love/romance with such humiliation and so cowardly/brutal for boys/men to r*pe a drugged victim when they are defenseless. How hard for Caelynn to talk about on a first date much more so on TV but Colton was sensitive and gentle with her. After there was a well placed screen flash of who to call for similar situations, hope it helps others. I feel sorry for everyone on the show this season they all seem to have sad stories with obstacles in their way. You can already see though how he ends up with his final 4. He is very attracted to and naturally protective of Caelynn but she needs more time with someone to build trust than this show allows. He is also wowed by Hanna G's beauty and sweet timid ways but she is just too shy for him. He was enjoying his time with Taysha she was fun and lighthearted but believe she may intimidate him with his inexperience in this speed dating. He was carefree and touchy feely with Cassie in their brief snippit and she has the bubbly personality he needs to bring him out of his shell. Hopefully they do end up together and are happily in love.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:47 pm

From what I'm seeing. Cassie seems to be the best fit for Colton , He's so relaxed when he's around her and its obvious he's def a smitten kitten. JMO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Sharleen wrote:“One of the More Substantial Episodes:” Sharleen Joynt on The Bachelor: Episode 4

This episode was one of the more substantial, heavy-hitters I can remember in the entire franchise. (The last one I can recall was probably during Rachel Lindsay’s Bachelorette season, where she got emotional during a Hometown date and revealed the pressure she felt being the first Black lead.) Popular questions I’ve gotten asked over the years include, “Why are contestants friends with these producers?” and “Don’t you feel manipulated and used?” But it’s more complicated than that because there’s so much more to producers than manipulation. You talk to these people about everything—things even some close friends don’t know. You go deep, FAST. You get a really good feeling for them, too, what they’re about, what their beliefs are. So with that said, last night, I truly felt the presence of the producers I know and love. felt them, their point of view, and their care in the episode. I felt them empathize with Caelynn in her story of sexual assault, understand the gravity of her experience, and realize how powerful this message could be beyond a silly reality show. They handled it with the utmost care and respect. There was no minimizing, no stilted conversation, no sob story music, no inappropriate editing. I think this was the first time ever we didn’t see the Bachelor present his date with the rose—it was unnecessary and frankly would have been trite after what she’d shared.
Further, in a twist that I certainly wasn’t expecting, it was revealed to us that Colton’s first love is also a survivor of sexual assault, and that that fact may have played a role in why he’s still a virgin. If the matter at hand weren’t so heavy and his chemistry with Caelynn so palpable, I might have been suspicious as to what a perfect storyline arc this information made. But once again, I felt the producers’ presence here. And in a way, I felt it going way back to when they cast Colton. I can’t imagine Colton hadn’t mentioned this aspect of his past relationship before (as I said, you go deep), but it says something that his virginity has been public knowledge for a good six months now, but this puzzle piece hadn’t yet been revealed. It’s proof that the very same producers who do manipulate and do paint contestants unflatteringly also have a heart when it comes to the important stuff. On that note, it really felt like it was up to Colton to reveal what he revealed last night, and when he did it. It didn’t feel like something he’d planned on sharing, but that he did to show Caelynn that, in some small fraction of a way, he understood. Despite the subject matter and the fact that it took a great deal of pain for them to bond in this way, it was a beautiful moment that far transcends the fluff this show is known for.
I get advance episodes for the purpose of writing these recaps, so I saw this episode on Sunday afternoon. On Sunday night, my sister asked me if I’d read some new article discussing who was right and who was wrong in the ongoing Hannah B vs Caelynn feud. (Apparently the Miss USA makeup artist had something to dish about it.) I found myself unable to read it. It’s all moot. Nothing puts things in perspective like hearing someone was drugged and sexually assaulted. Further, Hannah B and Caelynn had easily the most touching patch-up I’ve ever seen on this show. (Granted, we’re hardly ever SHOWN patch-ups on this show.) As Caelynn said, as women, they should support each other. They don’t have to be besties, but to be cordial and supportive is enough. There are bigger fish to fry in this world than trivial conflict. And even though this show is pretty much the poster child of milking and broadcasting trivial conflict, I give it credit where credit is due for recognizing when an issue is more important than entertainment.
and more here:
https://www.flare.com/bachelor/the-bachelor-season-23-episode-4-review/
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:03 pm

@Maddy Thank you for posting Sharleen's blog.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:14 pm

I haven't read all the comments from last night's episode but wanted to comment on Caelynn and Colton. It was a very raw, real and touching conversation. And I am truly sorry for Caelynn and the many, many women who have found themselves in a similar situation. Legal justice is such a small step in healing but is so elusive! I thought Colton was pure gold in how he related to Caelynn's news. (And I don't mean gold in terms of ratings)

But I am scratching my head wondering in casting was asked to find someone as a contestant who checked the sexual abuse box so that The Bachelor, too, could have its moment in the "MeToo" movement. And once they found Caelynn, who had openly discussed her trauma during the Miss USA pagaent, did they go seeking Hannah B so they could pit these two girls against each other? I am really ashamed to have these thoughts but I've been watching this show from the beginning and there are really very few new topics. I think the producers were high-fiving themselves when they found Demi, whose backstory is both touching and 'new' and borders on scandalous. Jade's story was a trailblazer on Chris Soules' season but prisontime for a family member is a first.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Have to add I hate it when editing leaves in comments such as Hannah G's "where is Singapore, anyway". Only adds to the dumb blonde persona - and I suspect she wasn't the only one who was wondering where in the world is this place.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 am

I’ve decided to get “spoiled” ...could someone fill me in or tell me where to go to find out.

Final unspoiled thoughts .... Cassie is my favourite and the one I want him to choose as F1.   I like Hannah G too and have a feeling it’s her he chooses as F1 ... she’s cute but I just thin Cassie is most suited for him as possible long term.  I also like Taysha a lot.   Don’t mind Caelyn and Elise.

Ok ...now I want to know.   I’ve formed my own opinions on girls and now ready to watch rest of season knowing who he picks,

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:12 am

northernviewer wrote:I’ve decided to get “spoiled”...could someone fill me in...Cassie is my favourite and the one I want him to choose as F1....
According to RS Cassie makes it to F3 with Tayshia and Hannah G. Colton goes on an overnight date with Tayshia. His next date is with Cassie. Cassie decides to leave the show during their date. Colton didn't go on a date with Hannah G. He sent Hannah and Tayshia home to pursue Cassie. Colton went to CA and asked Cassie if they can continue their relationship. She agrees and they're currently dating not engaged.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 23 - Colton Underwood - Episode Jan 28th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+23
Billysmom
jen689
northernviewer
Norcalgal
Luvstruck