SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by BlackHalo Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 am

I certainly don't think he's a villian a la Chad but something is off with Luke and the show is definitely exploiting it. You aren't disliked by an entire group of good looking men because they're jealous. Also, gotta love how he placed blame on Hannah for his own issues, He's manipulative. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Emeralds Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 am

I'm not a Luke fan, but the guy is clearly getting a heavy-handed villain edit, IMO. I think the vitriol the guy is getting elsewhere online is over the top and I find it troubling that the other guys are fanning the flames.

Emeralds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 am

Emeralds wrote:I'm not a Luke fan, but the guy is clearly getting a heavy-handed villain edit, IMO. I think the vitriol the guy is getting elsewhere online is over the top and I find it troubling that the other guys are fanning the flames.

I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:22 am

I've actually been seeing a lot more sympathy for this guy than I thought he would get, including from Robert Mills and quite a few BN folks, and I'm honestly half expecting him to be the next Bachelor the more everyone feels sorry for him. Rolling Eyes
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 am

Imo prods had nobody else to incorporate drama they love so much. Cam and Luke S went too quickly, they had to edit something somehow someone. This reminds me of Jordan with jojo. I know it is partly a different crew but they edit him to be more disliked.

His faith was a major barrier with the other guys. It is hard to explain but some people are breathing faith in everything they do, every minute of the day. I met some in my life. They are ordinary people, no worse or better than anyone but everything is faith related.

So if a person is mixed for weeks with other guys who have faith but not as much passion, add to that Hannah who have interest to Luke, plus I think Luke is completely convinced he is doing the right thing...

I do not believe Luke is a villain at all. I believe he is bothering everyone on the show because his faith is #1 in every aspect, every minute of the day.

But this is in my opinion only one part... I think he thought God chose Hannah to become his wife and everything who doesn’t go in this happy ending direction becomes an obstacle that he doesn’t cope well or doesn’t understand how to resolve. In his mind Hannah should push aside everything and everyone... but she doesn’t.

Again, I met few Luke in my life. They want perfection in every aspect of their life, they know they are imperfect themselves but they aim to live and breathe Jesus' words.

I am sure he rubbed the guys the wrong way. No doubt. Those people are often very judgmental and annoying because they hardly respect boundaries and especially if the person in front of them are believers but live their faith differently. For them, some need salvation and some are ignored because non believers.

The best way to describe him is thinking of him of an Amish (yes! Faith is completely different I know!) outside his community. Or a Christian orthodox amongst  Catholics. Or Protestant amongst Catholics. Nobody is better or worse but the inner faith is lived differently... therefore the person can react or be perceived differently because  misunderstood ... add to that his character, his personality... AND the edits...

For me, he is very human. Too intense for my taste. Too rigorous. Too much. I tend to stay away from those characters because they are exhausting, never admitting they can be wrong. But they have also qualities such loyalty, honesty (they believe what they say is true), helpful. But overall kinda annoying laugh out loud

So no villain but totally out of place in this franchise.

All here is JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 am

@HEA thank you for your thoughts on the barrier Luke’s faith may have played in his experience on the show.  That theory makes a lot of sense to me. JMO

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:51 am

@HEA You paint a better picture of him than what i see. Yes, the edit magnified his personality, but this was not a good venue for him at all. He is far too immature, doesn't really seem to know himself or what he needs in a relationship, is egotistical (possibly overplayed the arrogant attitude because he felt inferior or threatened,) and is thoughtless about how he makes others feel. Apparently he also thought it was ok to judge Hannah and try to change her instead of realizing they weren't right for each other and moving on. We'll see.

That said, his faith may be completely genuine and he surely has good traits. Examples of those apparently seen by Hannah were left on the cutting room floor for whatever reason. We are all a work in progress and being a Christian doesn't suddenly take away all your flaws. imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:01 am

Luke isn't the first super religious person to come on this show, yet somehow his predecessors found a way to get along with people and make friends. Maybe the problem isn't Luke's religion, but Luke the person.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Obviously there were plenty of things Luke did in the house we didn’t see for the guys not to like him to this degree. Grown men don’t just decide to gang up on other men for no reason at all. Usually they will take you in and include you to some degree, differences and all....not in this case.

Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:31 pm

@mbl bestbud!

@BlueTone
in which way do we find him immature? because he cannot express correctly his feelings? I guess we can call many men and women immature then.
Egotistical? Probably a bit but this is not an ordinary place and time is crucial to find time to speak with Hannah. If a contestant wants to be noticed, he must step on a couple of toes. When Hannah was upset about the guy ep1, Luke was the first one to go find Hannah to see how she felt. It was genuine. So selfish in the mansion, probably. All around? I do not think so.
Arrogant? yes. Because his tendencies to do not admit he may be wrong, some people portray themselves that way.
I mentioned that Luke is like everybody, with flaws and goods. He is no better and sadly, this show amplified all his flaws on national TV with the help of the prods of course. Let's not forget the prods and edits. Does he need some work on himself? yes. I think his IG post said it all.

@ReneeM He is not but everyone is different. I remember that Sean had a diva reputation on set. No contestant is perfect. Yet some contestants are put on a pedestal and some on the dirt... and nobody knows who they are in real life, what they went thru in their life, their personal accomplishments. Fans judge them on what they see or read on social media but at the end of the day, it is only perceptions and assumptions. We assume they are marvelous creature because they did this or that but maybe 99% of the time they are crappy people... the reverse is also true. and then we have just ordinary people with flaws and goods trying to surf on the wave of the social media who are extremely quick to judge.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Julie81 wrote:Obviously there were plenty of things Luke did in the house we didn’t see for the guys not to like him to this degree. Grown men don’t just decide to gang up on other men for no reason at all. Usually they will take you in and include you to some degree, differences and all....not in this case.

Jealousy can be a good motive to dislike a person when the lead obviously Mrs "open book" seeked Luke and had enough time to talk about Bibble.

Many guys went for fame and glory, let's not forget. Luke went for Hannah. I think nobody can say otherwise. This can put someone in a corner easily.

But yes. I think he had no consideration for the others. He was clear also on that: when I want something, I will get it. So yes. For this, that was not cool at all. I agree. Consideration is definitely not part of his vocabulary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 pm

HEA wrote:@mbl bestbud!

@BlueTone
in which way do we find him immature? because he cannot express correctly his feelings? I guess we can call many men and women immature then.
Egotistical? Probably a bit but this is not an ordinary place and time is crucial to find time to speak with Hannah. If a contestant wants to be noticed, he must step on a couple of toes. When Hannah was upset about the guy ep1, Luke was the first one to go find Hannah to see how she felt. It was genuine. So selfish in the mansion, probably. All around? I do not think so.
Arrogant? yes. Because his tendencies to do not admit he may be wrong, some people portray themselves that way.
I mentioned that Luke is like everybody, with flaws and goods. He is no better and sadly, this show amplified all his flaws on national TV with the help of the prods of course. Let's not forget the prods and edits. Does he need some work on himself? yes. I think his IG post said it all.

@ReneeM He is not but everyone is different. I remember that Sean had a diva reputation on set. No contestant is perfect. Yet some contestants are put on a pedestal and some on the dirt... and nobody knows who they are in real life, what they went thru in their life, their personal accomplishments. Fans judge them on what they see or read on social media but at the end of the day, it is only perceptions and assumptions. We assume they are marvelous creature because they did this or that but maybe 99% of the time they are crappy people... the reverse is also true. and then we have just ordinary people with flaws and goods trying to surf on the wave of the social media who are extremely quick to judge.

JMO

I do not remember the bolded. If anything the exact opposite.

Luke is young and this clearly was a terrible setting for him. Editing is not doing him any favours either. I don't know much about his upbringing. Anyone else? Has he been sheltered? School background? He just seems ultra competitive and socially clueless, like someone who hasn't been exposed to many things and people outside his social circles. I just wish they had shown...or will show...some of their faith discussions. This seems to be much of the basis for Luke's and Hannah's bonding and connection and the audience has no idea about it. It makes it look like Hannah is keeping him around solely for the physical attraction and it makes her look shallow and nuts...which is clearly not the case.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+56
LaineyG
Kashathediva
Lucas15
Chgohighlife
North