SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 9 of 59 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 9 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:59 pm

Wow Spicey is safe again, his fans are really voting him in....imagine he makes it to the finale, i can’t imagine the revolt that will happen on SM. And no one is going home, kinda predicable.
And how the world is Kel in the bottom two though with a popular pro like Whitney, that is very surprising to me.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 9 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:02 pm

mercieme wrote:Wow Spicey is safe again, his fans are really voting him in....imagine he makes it to the finale, i can’t imagine the revolt that will happen on SM. And no one is going home, kinda predicable.

I would be rofl rofl rofl. It would serve them right with the new voting system.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Sprite wrote:
HavaDrPepper wrote:Sean sure is having fun.  I agree with his scores.

He is a terrible dancer, but surprisingly I don't mind him. He really seems to be enjoying himself and is throwing himself all in to everything which I appreciate.

rofl And he is safe. I feel as if that is a big finger to the judges and the new voting system.

I've seen him on a few Fox News shows and he admits he is a terrible dancer but he just wants to have a good time no matter how long he lasts.  I agree that him being safe is a big finger to TPTB and their new voting system.  They are going to have the same problems even with the shorter voting window.  I follow 3 pros and Hannah on IG.  All of them were hitting up IG stories with the please vote information before the show aired and after they danced during the live show.

I suspected there would be no elimination however, if there was, I really think Lamar would have gone.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Watch the producers suddenly allow West Coast to start voting  if Spicey keeps doing well. Ya know two good dancers are gonna end up in the bottom two at some point once Lamar is gone,  gonna be pretty dramatic when this happens laugh out loud

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:43 pm

mercieme wrote:Watch the producers suddenly allow West Coast to start voting  if Spicey keeps doing well. Ya know two good dancers are gonna end up in the bottom two at some point once Lamar is gone,  gonna be pretty dramatic when this happens laugh out loud

Not disagreeing with you and the bolded. I just wonder how much they are held to agreements already made with the current contestants.

Also, the West Coast is allowed to vote but has to do so without seeing any of the dancing. Fan votes and judges scores are tallied during the last commercial (or so TPTB state) and waiting for the West Coast and Hawaii to vote after the dancing means results can't be shown the same day/episode. Not sure how they could get around this...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:58 pm

@Doats, I am not aware of the agreements made with current contestants, are some contestants promised something?

And yeah thanks for the clarification on the West Coast voting. What I meant to indicate is that I think some folks on the West Coast might not be voting as a matter of principle since they didn’t see the dance live to judge it on merit vs fandom especially since Joe and Bobby making it far pissed off the hardcore DWTS fans and the public at large. The reason why I like this season is that it seems everyone is reasonably ok minus a couple so should make for an interesting finale IMO.

I do like the idea of the judges save but no idea how they can allow the West Coast to vote post airing the show except they add their votes and delay sending the lowest scored contestants home until the following week except for the finale week where this won’t be feasible.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:02 am

mercieme wrote:@Doats, I am not aware of the agreements made with current contestants, are some contestants promised something?

And yeah thanks for the clarification on the West Coast voting. What I meant to indicate is that I think some folks on the West Coast might not be voting as a matter of principle since they didn’t see the dance live to judge it on merit vs fandom especially since Joe and Bobby making it far pissed off the hardcore DWTS fans and the public at large. The reason why I like this season is that it seems everyone is reasonably ok minus a couple so should make for an interesting finale IMO.

I do like the idea of the judges save but no idea how they can allow the West Coast to vote post airing the show except they add their votes and delay sending the lowest scored contestants home until the following week except for the finale week where this won’t be feasible.

I think that any show that involves a cash prize has to set out how everything works prior to filming and thus, they can't change the rules halfway through. There is some kind of governing body that monitors such things as a result of the game show scandals in decades past.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 am

@mercieme I know nothing concrete about any agreements with the contestants. I am assuming that they do present the rules re: judging, show schedules, etc. Could TPTB renege on these? Not at all sure; just pondering...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:14 am

@Doats @Sprite thanks for the clarification, makes sense that they have to stick through the scoring approach for the entire season.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:39 am

mercieme wrote:
Doats wrote:Well, Lamar has not improved even one bit. He's walking across the stage rather than dancing.
Bless his heart, though he seemed like he actually had more fun with this. Let’s see if the Laker fans continue to vote for fun him en masse.
Lakers and other NBA fans will continuously vote for hi, I am one of them. I am a huge Warriors fan but I will definitely vote for him!
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 am

All the current contestants have an agreement... it is called a contract to appear on the show. IMO that contract should be very detailed about what is expected of both the contestant and the production company during the time period of the show.

I am of the opinion that Lamar will be gone next week if his scores do not improve.  He was in the bottom 2 this week and would have been gone if Ray had not dropped out due to injury.  So far his scores have been 11, 12, and 12.  If he shows very little improvement in the judges' eyes this next week, those scores could go even lower.  

The judges' save can definitely be a good thing if a good dancer is in the bottom 2 with a not so good dancer.  I know in the past they did not always put the "real" bottom 2 in the bottom 2 but just imagine this scenario... Last year for the double elimination the last 3 dancers not called safe were: Alexis/Alan, Joe/Jenna, Juan Pablo/Cheryl.  Scores that week out of 60 available were: A/A 58, J/J 46, JP/C 60.  Judges would have definitely saved Juan Pablo and sent Alexis home instead (week Joe went home) and many were on the Juan Pablo should have won train.  Bobby had a 45 that week (so lower than Joe) and if he would have been in the bottom instead of say Alexis, he and Joe would have gone home. The judges' would have saved Alexis over either of them. And, that would have given a F4 of Alexis/Alan, Evanna/Keo, Milo/Witney, Juan Pablo/Cheryl which is what many people wanted to see.  Alexis would not have won and it would have been a 3 way race between 3 equally awesome contestants and no doubt not as much backlash about the winner.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:04 pm

As a west coaster, I hate the new voting mechanics. I want to see the dancers before casting my vote. Who has time to vote ahead of the show?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 59 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 28 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+44
bluwavz
beader
USAGold
Just Looking
LoveDovez