SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 59 of 76 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 67 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by najpoziomka Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:21 pm

@mercieme yeah, i have read some spoilers regarding US version.. this season will be a sh*tshow in my opinion
for couple of seasons now i dont see any love story only drama and that makes me sad, because i loved the love stories of Sean, Desiree, Jojo etc and now it is not the same:(
najpoziomka
najpoziomka

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sprout Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:28 pm

najpoziomka wrote:first of all this new preview is as always weirdly edited, in the promo after the episode his brother only mentioned that Carlin did some acting and has such aspirations, but Angie in the new promo states he had applied only to further his acting carieer in what universe those statements are equal?

secondly I have read some of the comments under this preview (both fb and IG) and the overall opinion of the public is that Angie herself has a TV background, so why does it bother her so much he had some acting expierience

Am I wrong in thinking that some of the voice overs from Angie were already said to Carlin in the rose ceremony with Jamie’s accusations? I agree that it’s weirdly edited and doesn’t flow well.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:04 am

mercieme wrote:
sprout wrote:
Bachbee wrote:So what I'm seeing now is that the F1 hurdle is that he is an actor looking for exposure? In what world do TBPT think viewers will be on board with this. I can only see this maybe working if Carlin comes clean and says something along the lines of "I did apply for exposure but fell in love blahblah"

This season is such a let down.

Can’t wait to see how it all pans out tonight. The producers have outdone themselves this time with their twists and turns IMO.
I have watched this show for way too long and a bit jaded so nothing fazes me anymore. The F1 hurdle here seems like child’s play to me in comparison to what has gone down in the US franchise series IMO. You guys just skip over to upcoming US Bachie SM thread if you want you to see a sneak peak of what the producers have been up to so far (courtesy of real time spoilers laugh out loud); it’s crazy town compared to what the AU producers have done so far in the history of the entire series IMO.

agreed. Imagine if the worst Peter was dealing with, was with a frontrunner who had acting ambitions! If only.... laugh out loud
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:37 am

Angie is great but unfortunately the let down of this season is the men. Needed more Ciarrans. The Carlin hurdle from the ad reminded me of the terribly acted performance between Matty J and Laura at hometowns

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:47 am

BlueJeans wrote:Needed more Ciarrans.

You have summed up the season perfectly with those three words IMO, @BlueJeans.

Guides for remaining episodes:

Episode 10

Angie heads home to meet the friends and family of her remaining four suitors - welcome to hometowns. At the Rose Ceremony, it is crunch time for Angie, who must make some hard decisions.

Episode 11

With the Rose Ceremony decision weighing heavily on her mind, Angie needs to get to the bottom of some concerns that came up at hometowns and clear the air once and for all.

Episode 12

In this raw and emotional finale, kisses will be shared and tears shed, hearts will be broken and declarations of love will be made, but who has made the greatest impression on Angie?

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by jenski_tas Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:44 am

najpoziomka wrote:first of all this new preview is as always weirdly edited, in the promo after the episode his brother only mentioned that Carlin did some acting and has such aspirations, but Angie in the new promo states he had applied only to further his acting carieer in what universe those statements are equal?

I got the impression from the promo that Angie want upset about him being an actor ( I'm sure they have well and truly has that conversation but it hasn't been shown to us) but that the brother had implied to her carlin was mainly in it for exposure. I'm guessing it's a miscommunication that looks dramatic and ends up being just her own self doubt/fears coming up as she feels vulnerable.

jenski_tas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:46 am

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:52 am

Unfortunately, Angie has been exactly how I expected and posted before her season started how I thought she'd be. @Bobette I promise I really tried but I just feel meh watching her. I too find her condescending at times which is off-putting. Sure I can see she likes some of the guys but I honestly don't see her falling for anyone like I have for other Bettes at this part of the season yet. For sure it plays into her never having been in love before but I think that's because she's just not the type to actually be vulnerable or open to the process as those who truly do fall in love on this show (and yes, it definitely happens imo and happens again afterwards as well). But in the bubble, if it doesn't happen then there's something off there imo and it definitely doesn't bode well. So far there's no real connections to me and most of that stems from Angie who I don't find as much there to fall in love and find a partner as much to just play the gogglebox role and critique the guys and whatnot. It's gotten old already to me watching her right reasons so many of them when she's not any different really imo. Overall, I feel very neutral on her and not invested at all. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:02 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Unfortunately, Angie has been exactly how I expected and posted before her season started how I thought she'd be. @Bobette I promise I really tried but I just feel meh watching her. I too find her condescending at times which is off-putting. Sure I can see she likes some of the guys but I honestly don't see her falling for anyone like I have for other Bettes at this part of the season yet. For sure it plays into her never having been in love before but I think that's because she's just not the type to actually be vulnerable or open to the process as those who truly do fall in love on this show (and yes, it definitely happens imo and happens again afterwards as well). But in the bubble, if it doesn't happen then there's something off there imo and it definitely doesn't bode well. So far there's no real connections to me and most of that stems from Angie who I don't find as much there to fall in love and find a partner as much to just play the gogglebox role and critique the guys and whatnot. It's gotten old already to me watching her right reasons so many of them when she's not any different really imo. Overall, I feel very neutral on her and not invested at all. jmo

And this is why I am not a fan of celebrity or quasi celebrity leads. They just don't get invested like others do. With Angie, I think the never having been in love just adds to this.

I also don't see her really invested in any one. I don't know if the casting is off and they just didn't do a good job with getting more quirky kind of guys she seems to prefer or she just isn't interested in settling down. I don't even necessarily mean marriage, just a long term relationship. I think she is more than happy with her dogs and Evie.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:24 am

@Sprite :yes: that's exactly what I posted when Angie was announced. I do not believe the well-known/celeb leads have that ability to truly become vulnerable and believe in the process or get invested. Add in never being in love like Angie, and yep, it's just making a tv show imo and not about finding love or a lasting relationship. 

I honestly don't think she wants to settle down and be in a long-term relationship really either. She has said she has never been in love and will be very happy being single forever. I think she likes the idea of the whole relationship thing and maybe she has some societal and pressure to have that but IA I think she would be happy with her dogs and Evie/her friends and family. Nothing wrong with that but that's not the point of this show. 

I can see the producers having to push her to even say she is "falling' in love at the end of the season since that's her VO and she's been adamant about not saying she is in love with her F1. The whole "falling" in love is literally the most meaningless phrase by leads and something they say generically all the time for filler. The successful relationships from this show have ALL been ones where the lead is in love with their F1 on the show. Sure the relationship builds and grows and love becomes cemented afterwards, but all of them are truly invested in the process while in it. I don't see that with Angie.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 am

Yes you called it @AllAboutLove and it looks like the 50/50 success/failure rate for the AU show is going to continue IMO.  I don't think it will be long before Angie's doubts/insecurities spell the end (when contracts allow of course).

@Sprite I agree re: the casting and I don't think any of the guys fully fitted Angie's brief.  Ciarran IMO came closest but had he been F1 there'd be questions over Renee and his readiness to settle down etc so I'm kind of glad he's not.

With Angie not being a bombshell like Sophie, they really needed to work harder to find guys who were specifically interested in her IMO and it seems Ryan was the closest they got.  WAY too many guys who were obviously MoT, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:24 am

Yessss so agree with much of this. I did not know Angie before this (never watched Gogglebox) but have not been enamoured by this season at all and don't see it as a love story season, and it's too late in the piece IMO for that to change now, even if they were trying for the 'ol 'hidden F1' narrative. I don't think they were though...

IMO this season wasn't a case of Angie knowing who her F1 was early on. IMO it changed through the season - after last night, I think Ryan was definitely her F1 at that point until the confession dinner - her commentary on their date and her body language throughout since he arrived, CP time with him and roses pre ceremony etc., I think Ryan was always up there and at that point (pre dinner bombshell), F1. Carlin may have been a close contender, but Ryan actual F1 -at that point- IMO. That's pretty close to the end to have an F1 swap, which doesn't bode well for a 'true love' scenario. I also think Ciarran was becoming a really strong, genuine F1 contender at his exit time.

Combine that with the long waits between her dates with Carlin, his absence from some group dates (less time with Angie/less screen time), and whatever editing by TPTB that has kept Carlin out of a lot so far and not showing his character much at all (barely any narration from him or anything), there hasn't been a continuation this season IMO that builds any kind of compelling love story.
With the HTD flare up/drama to come with more doubt about 'if Carlin is there for his career or not' blah blah, it's too close to the pointy end to be redeemed into a believable love story for me I think... whatever they show to try and highlight they're in love at the end, it's too little too late.

Is that because it really was a choppy season, Angie's frontrunner did change a lot through the season? Is it because Carlin's character, while it may be super lovely etc. etc., was too bland for 'good TV' so he was edited out a lot in favour of drahmahhh? Hmm... I'm leaning toward the former.  

IA that it's also been hard to see any portrayal of Angie being soft/vulnerable in a romantic sense also IMO (we've seen some vulnerability when drama has hit, but not in a face-to-face romantic vulnerability with any of the guys), which is totally fine of course, just noting in the sense that it's contributed to the lack of romantic love story IMO. I think Angie was definitely clever enough to be able to see each guy's potential motivation points for being there, which kept her guard up. IMO she thought Ryan was the one with the purest motivations, the one who she could most rely on really being there actually for her... until the dinner, which IMO will have thrown her for a loop when she was getting pretty sure who her F1 was.

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 76 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 67 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+37
Ule.m
Fermont girl
Loulou
Fan4life
jenski_tas
BadDayBadDayBOOMGoodDay
Storybook
Jolena
Just Looking
Norcalgal
Sprite