SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - F1 - F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 40 of 45 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - F1 - F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - F1 - F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:14 pm

luvnunity wrote:So, in all the interviews and psych evaluations, it became clear that Matt really does prefer white women. They had to believe this in order for them to think this “experiment” would work.  They stacked the deck so high with highly accomplished women of color. Doctor, Attorneys, Real Beauty Queens, Teacher, Philanthropists, Legit Ballerinas and Models, FB Exec... and he supposedly chose one of the most mediocre white women on the show- a recent college grad who still lives with her parents and has a racist background.  
This is why I don’t feel bad for Matt. I know the season’s been focused so much on the drama of a few women, which has cast a shadow over the group as a whole. But overall Matt actually got a great cast imo. There are so many women who are stunningly beautiful this season, accomplished, sweet personalities. But he honed in on the racist. It might be TPTB’s fault for casting a racist, but Matt made the choice & I don’t believe for one second that she never said or did anything to tip him off to her racism. I think he just ignored it. Maybe still be ignoring it even with the day by day revelations of who she really is. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - F1 - F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 40 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - F1 - F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:50 pm

@luvnunity Do you think Matt feels pressure (perhaps self-induced?) to choose a woman of color as he is the first black lead? He brought it up the first night. It makes no difference to me but I would like the F1 to be authentic and believable. Having a hard time with the supposed F1.

Regarding Rachael's participation in a outmoded tradition of dressing up for plantation parties, this is why it is so good to expose yourself to people who you didn't grow up with. It's a learning experience. I just hate to see her get some of that at our expense as viewers. Not a Rachael fan.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:59 pm

Is choosing Rachael a way out for Matt ? What if he didn't fall for anyone - but viewers want a "happy" ending. Then all this racist stuff comes out - we would understand why the realtionship didn't work out - right ?

Still wondering why he said he had not spoken with any of the cast since the show ....
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:49 pm

If Rachael is the F1, I think that the People Magazine follow-up will inevitably have the "Old South" plantation party photos. I don't see how they could resist the temptation. They might try to spin it as "Matt chose a traditional southern belle."
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:52 pm

Amethyst wrote:If Rachael is the F1, I think that the People Magazine follow-up will inevitably have the "Old South" plantation party photos. I don't see how they could resist the temptation. They might try to spin it as "Matt chose a traditional southern belle."

If Rachael is F1, I’m not sure that Matt and Rachael will get the cover. And if they do, People is going to have to use a headline like “How the Bachelor’s First Black Bachelor Gave his Final Rose to a Beauty with a Racist Past”.

I actually think Rachael may be planning her exit strategy, that she doesn’t want Matt to have to deal with this. I could see a situation where she told him she was falling in love with him to help ensure she got far, but not necessarily that she wanted to be his F1. All IMO

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:02 pm

@CHO I tend to think that Rachael is not interested in dealing with the public fallout and scrutiny and that the relationship will become fractured because of it. If it’s true that she feels unworthy and lacking in confidence, she’s not well positioned to deal with the fallout. I think they will not last, and I think it’s possible that we’ll see that result on ATFR.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnunity Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:18 pm

How do we know that that Rachael’s even around past this conversation of her in red dress on the couch.  In one of Matt’s interviews, he says “If it didn’t work out, it’s because that woman couldn’t see it with me.”  The jury is still out for me.  I’m just not convinced he actually chose her.  It could that tptb set this all up knowing we would forgive them if they delivered us a real love story in the end. This thing with Rachael could’ve been just so the conversation could be put on the table. He spoke highly of Victoria in interviews until she was officially off the show.  How do we know he’s not doing the same with Rachael?  But in all of this, it’s definitely working because everyone is talking about it and want to see Wth he’s gonna do. We don’t want to watch, but we will.  The timing for the leaks are so suspish.  As soon as Matt is shown to say he’s falling in love, we get the most egregious receipts yet.  RS posts that Michelle is let go early, then we see a spliced in clip of Michelle in tears in this weeks episode.
luvnunity
luvnunity

Female Posts : 837

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 am

Producers love it when we are all confused - and there is some major topic - or outrage - that we are discussing. Very true - luvnunity - we really do not know if she is around after that discussion on the couch. Maybe she lasts until HTD - and R's parents have something to do with the outcome ...
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblinrose30 Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:43 am

luvnunity wrote:How do we know that that Rachael’s even around past this conversation of her in red dress on the couch.  In one of Matt’s interviews, he says “If it didn’t work out, it’s because that woman couldn’t see it with me.”  The jury is still out for me.  I’m just not convinced he actually chose her.  It could that tptb set this all up knowing we would forgive them if they delivered us a real love story in the end. This thing with Rachael could’ve been just so the conversation could be put on the table. He spoke highly of Victoria in interviews until she was officially off the show.  How do we know he’s not doing the same with Rachael?  But in all of this, it’s definitely working because everyone is talking about it and want to see Wth he’s gonna do. We don’t want to watch, but we will.  The timing for the leaks are so suspish.  As soon as Matt is shown to say he’s falling in love, we get the most egregious receipts yet.  RS posts that Michelle is let go early, then we see a spliced in clip of Michelle in tears in this weeks episode.

I can't go into details because of who told me.. but you have to trust me. I know with 101% certainty that Rachael won.

Ramblinrose30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblinrose30 Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:45 am

mbl wrote:
Amethyst wrote:If Rachael is the F1, I think that the People Magazine follow-up will inevitably have the "Old South" plantation party photos. I don't see how they could resist the temptation. They might try to spin it as "Matt chose a traditional southern belle."

If Rachael is F1, I’m not sure that Matt and Rachael will get the cover. And if they do, People is going to have to use a headline like “How the Bachelor’s First Black Bachelor Gave his Final Rose to a Beauty with a Racist Past”.  

I actually think Rachael may be planning her exit strategy, that she doesn’t want Matt to have to deal with this.  I could see a situation where she told him she was falling in love with him to help ensure she got far, but not necessarily that she wanted to be his F1. All IMO

They absolutely will NOT be getting a People Mag cover now, I can assure that. No way does People want ties to Rachaels' racist history. They will get mobbed even by people who don't watch the show.

Ramblinrose30

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:48 am

There is zero chance People magazine would lean into Rachael's racist past. They just won't put them on the cover at all. Pretty sure they did that to Becca and Garrett and all he had was some IG likes.*

*that ultimately showed his true beliefs, but still not on the scale of Rachael's Old South party
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:52 am

Unpopular opinion : I think Matt really does pick Rachael. It might make people feel a lot better to think otherwise, but I do think that he does. It would be a lot easier if Matt picked someone else. If RS is in contact with her family, I have a feeling that they might have told him. He seems very sure that she is F1. I hope that Rachael does speak out on this and that she is asked the tough questions about it, too. At this point, Matt will have to address it more as well. It can't be swept under the rug. The Franchise will have to say something as well. I wanted a love story this season, but I think that we might be getting something else instead.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 45 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - F1 - F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+54
luvstx
LoveDovez
Doats
jlccaz
Thatgirl31109