SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GirlPower - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for the backstory on Kaitlyn & Nick! Unless Katie has a manicure mid-episode laugh out loud I don’t think that boom box scene with Blake is next week. It’ll be interesting to see if he comes on the same week Nick did.

Back to top Go down

GirlPower - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:13 am

There's just nothing about Greg that stands out to me. Plus he played the "shy" card in two separate conversations with Katie, and it just doesn't come off as believable.

The thing is, there are some things about him on paper that come off well. I like that he moved back home to support his mom after his dad died. In unverified online reports, he got a basketball scholarship to college, which does demonstrate drive. But in a roomful of men, he is not someone that I would personally gravitate to.

I think Greg likes Katie, but at this point, I'm not sure that it goes any deeper than that.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by ajax518 Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 am

I am getting a mixture of Dez and Kaitlyn season vibes as I try to figure out the final 4. Rumors of Brooks breaking her heart began prior to their first 1-1 date. RS was telling everyone Brooks came back but Dez moved on, got engaged to Chris and later married him. I watched that season over again knowing Chris proposed and saw things differently. Dez was crazy about Chris and lit up every time she was in his presence  but Brooks got more airtime. The show's narrative was Dez fell for Brooks on the wedding date and didn't focus on any other guys. When in reality the love story between Chris and Dez was rarely shown to the audience.
Kaitlyn season, RS said Kaitlyn did not get engaged and left the show alone. The show's narrative followed that theme. It wasn't until Kaitlyn spoiled her season by posting the picture of her and Shawn. Then deleting it but it was too late. That we figured it out. Heck even the Peter was said to be F1 in Rachel's season. Many believed Peter was f1 until their final scene, kiss or whatever that was.

This season it appears RS believed false info about John and doesn't have a clue who is F1. We already have numerous individuals speculating if Greg comes back, if Katie is engaged? Think this is a season where we have to take note of what production is showing us and not showing us.

I took note that Katie opened up to Greg about fishing and her father. Also noticed in the same episode she tells Andrew how her dad would make a chimney out of paper ( if not paper, it was makeshift) so Santa could come in there home. In the promos we see Andrew surprising Katie with a make shift lighted area. Think the producers could have shown Andrew cheering Katie up, pull back the camera and showed them laughing and making out BUT they kept that conversation about growing up poor and how Katie's dad made her feel . I'm going to keep an eye on Blake and Justin but if they don't elicit the response Andrew received. Katie looked like she was going to take him at that moment, I am going with Andrew as my F1.

ajax518

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:56 am

I see Katie more interested in Gregg than he in her. She initiates more kisses and affection. Perhaps Gregg is reserved and when he finally opens up, it is too late. She really likes Andrew - he seems far more mature than the other 26 year olds on the show. And can Connor be the next bachelor - he's adorkable.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we are on the exact same page. Great insight. thumbsup

truth is each season we focus on what we see and hear but hardly the unsaid and unseen on what we watch. EDITS EDITS EDITS

we all fall for the superficial look of contestants and tend to create a Prince Charming persona when it is often far from reality or at least way lesser than that.

Greg is definitely well loved on social media’s imo. I am just waiting the shoe to drop. I don’t buy anything he says because of body language mostly, his 2 years in acting school, the choice of topics, an overall of all that makes me shake my head.

I shared an interesting article in SM thread explaining that all contestants make an investment by participating. Nothing wrong. 29 chances they get away without being F1. 1 chance to be next bachelor (although less with Michelle next season). And many opportunities to gain followers, podcasts, $$ business ads, BIP, becoming “famous” (although for me it is a temporary minor fame as if they don’t say/do anything to the paps/mags they are forgotten very quickly!)

They are young, good looking, nothing to loose except those who willingly imo take the villain role (no excuse they don’t know prods will use them by now).

Greg, Cody & co are IMO just that. Looking for opportunities.

All the guys will make sure to please the lead to make sure to be top 4. If they fall for the lead it is a bonus, but IMO they all think they can still pull out at top 4 and get all the extra benefits to be known, recognizes and gain followers and popularity.

The ultimate goal is no job but being paid by partners ads… for most. Not all, mind you. Some just go back to their regular life. I think mostly because they don’t live or don’t want to live in LA, or where the paps are located.

Each season, same repeat. 1 contestant is put on a pedestal. 1 is hated/criticized. But at the end of the day it all comes to prods manipulation and edits.

There is no fantasy tale when they all show up. The “right raisons” and “wrong raisons” are ridiculous. Katie and previous leads acting like it is the most sinful thing to do as if 30 guys must line up with adoring eyes… really? This is either lot of ego or naivety that needs to be cure… after dozen of seasons now? Truly?

Anyway. All I am interested is watching a love story unfold. Half season is drama, the other half is when I get to see it. Imo. I guess I’ll have to wait.

I sleuthed Andrew as F1. Gabrielle sleuthed Blake top 2 (thinking F1). And for me Greg is F3. Like Frank, Brooks, Etc.

All of this is my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajax518 Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I see Katie more interested in Gregg than he in her. She initiates more kisses and affection. Perhaps Gregg is reserved and when he finally opens up, it is too late. She really likes Andrew - he seems far more mature than the other 26 year olds on the show. And can Connor be the next bachelor - he's adorkable.

IMHO Greg has done the bare minimum thus far. I had not read or heard any spoilers prior to episode 1, and was shocked he got the first impression rose. Stunned he got the first 1-1 date.

I listened to Nick Viall's podcast and he noted the producers probably had more to do with Greg getting that first date than Katie. Stating the producers wanted to get Katie's story out there as many didn't know her story as she didn't go far in Matt's season. Part of her story is the death of her father. Viall believes they producers saw a match up of two people reflecting on the life of their father as good t.v.

Katie is infatuated with Greg....he looks like an ex, she finds him attractive, he experienced similar loss and he has yet to initiate anything with Katie. A conversation, kiss, heck even his gift was made by his niece.

Karl upset Katie and she gathered the men together to let them know she was upset. I remember when Kalon upset Emily. Arie leaped out of his seat, took Emily's hand and comforted her. With a first impression rose, and 1-1-date under his belt, Greg sat there like he was just another guy. Katie paused looked around and then asked for Aaron.

This wasn't a missed opportunity for Greg. It was Greg showing his true self under pressure.

ajax518

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree Good Post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Some very good posts above...  thank you for all the efforts and time !
I wonder - Greg interested in promoting an acting career ...  that's his purpose in applying for the show.  But then he has a fun conversation with Katie on night one, and even gets the fir.  Then he gets the first one on one date.  I could see that he might be overwhelmed !  Then they share the losses of their fathers - the fireworks etc --  alot very early on in the process that maybe he wasn't expecting.  He could find himself falling for her - and of course this leads to all kinds of thoughts/concerns:  acting career, no job, living with parents, living a long distance from Katie.  
Yes the contestants are supposed to go on the show to find their everlasting love.  But we know/assume most of them don't.  But it is possible that some end the process being surprised - bubble or not.  Despite the rumors out there I'd like to see a romance - maybe with Greg.  I can't envision anyone else at this point.  Andrew S seems like a great guy and seems to care about Katie - but his life style doesn't seem good for a starting relationship.
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] IMO none of the guys who step out of the limo at M&G think they will fall in love and propose at the end. I agree that nerves must happen, especially seeing all the cameras around the first night and close up during the very short time they meet during the cocktail.

However, Greg spent 2 years in an acting school. You are in constant spotlights there. You are even on stage, sometimes alone, sometimes with others. A shy person would not stay or even try to be an actor/actress if his/her personality was not to love to be the center of attention and express themselves.

Greg attended to William Esper Studios:

The Two-year Full-Time Program also consists of two 32-week sessions, designed to provide a full conservatory experience. Both of these sessions, referred to as “1st Year” and “2nd Year” include Acting Technique, as well as various supplementary classes designed to accompany this training:

1st Year – Acting Technique 1, Movement 1, Voice & Speech 1, Alexander 1, Mask, Stage Combat 1, Dance, and Intro to Improvisation

2nd Year – Acting Technique 2, Movement 2, Voice & Speech 2, Alexander 2, Mime & Physical Theatre, Stage Combat 2, Acting On-Camera, Script Analysis, Improvisation 2, and Cold Reading

Full-time students should expect to be in class 18-25 hours per week. The above classes are all required components of the Full-Time program. Payment for the Full-time Program is broken down into three installments throughout the year.

Full Time: $17,000/$17,200 for the year. $5,500 due upon acceptance into the program. 1st half of the balance is due on November 15th, 2nd half is due on January 15th.

2nd year fees will be in a similar price range as 1st year with adjustments for the different supplemental classes taken during 2nd year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So I don't buy one bit Greg is shy. He knows improvisation, he knows cameras, he knows ...

However, I think he wasn't ready that Katie would be so smitten that quick and since she IMO probably had the same smitten attitude with other guys, he didn't know how to react. Methinks he was very bad at improvisation at school rofl

However, he has a BBA Marketing at Saint-Michael college in 2016 (https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-grippo-008372135). That is an accomplishment.  :yes: This said, no career, no working experience. He is young and I don't judge. Many young people don't start a career before 25 these days. I was just curious to check what he did before the acting school. (not listed in the top 10 best acting school so far in NYC : HERE)

However, A smitten guy would have hugged her immediately when she was emotional about her dad. A smitten guy would have followed her or make sure to talk to her after she took Aaron away to comfort her and reinsure her. A smitten guy would have shared his dad before the evening (we know he didn't because Katie confirmed it during a podcast Tuesday). Since prods looks like to push in Greg direction, I am sure if this happened we would have seen it. I honestly didn't feel he was smitten. Happy to be chosen, but not smitten. big difference imo

I understand the overwhelming and "maybe" he was. maybe. maybe not.

Andrew was on the verge of his sofa to make sure to be noticed by Katie. Andrew made sure to go after her at GD to comfort her. Andrew didn't wait hours to share he came from a loving family although not rich (said with tact and respect to his mum).

Her reaction to kissing Andrew and her reaction to kissing Greg was IMO very different. Body language as well.

anyway... that's my opinion.

Last edited by HEA on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - interesting info on the acting school experience.
Greg seemed - to me - at times overwhelmed. Yes, poor attempt at improvisation. Not smooth at all ..... and it was odd that he didn't bring up about his Father - when she was talking about her Father. Not natural. The whole date seemed kind of awkward and Katie driven. I have a hard time believing that he was smitten at this point. Maybe his whole purpose was to act as if he is falling for her - along with the shy persona. But then maybe he does really fall for her. I think it's possible. Or maybe he falls for her - just because he's being carried along in the bubble !
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Greg and his acting school was discussed by Chatty Broads. They had a guest called Mikayla Bartholomew, an actress who happened to have attended the same school, probably a few years earlier.
It starts at 1:15:25, and at 1:20:55 Mikayla specifically talks about the technique that is taught at that school.
Very interesting IMO.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Has anything been sleuthed for SHV for the spoiled F4? Particularly the whereabouts of the F4 on Memorial Day weekend?
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
luvnunity
homeiswhereweroll
gurlbrit
notarose
GuardianAngel