SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GirlPower - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Greg’s acting studio uses the Meisner technique. I remember one aspiring actor I knew who also studied that technique talking about it and it was quite interesting. I remember her saying something like they teach there is only one way for any given actor to portray a character or emotion or something. I think what this was supposed to mean is for it to be authentic to who you really are. Like if your character is angry don’t just act angry but tap into your own authentic anger and express that through your character. Bring up your own true emotions rather than acting how you think anger would look.

Another thing she said but didn’t have the vocabulary for was “show, don’t tell” which is commonly heard advice in fiction writing. Don’t have your character say, “I’m angry,” but rather express the emotion of anger by raising your voice, grimacing, stomping out of the room etc. Express the emotion rather than talk about the emotion.

Those were the two things she mentioned when talking about the Meisner technique and she had trained with someone who had studied under him which other actors considered to be prestigious. I found her conversation about it quite interesting.

Eta: Here’s more on the Meisner Technique
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

GirlPower - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mbl Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I recall people on Reddit saying that after was missing from all of his family’s MDW IG posts/stories. I don’t know about any of the other rumored F4

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] call me naive but I thought it was the only way to learn/teach acting! This is why I have a hard time to truly believe his internal conflict to share his emotions. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t want to share family/personal event… although I am sure he is smart enough to have been prepared and watched few seasons before coming.

Katie seemed conflicted between “ sadness and trying to be happy “ (her words). So she was struggling too, right? That made 2 people struggling to enjoy the moment IMO. How much of edits we saw then? Prods let us seen how he was struggling with the tent. Also may I say I didn’t find anything special in this date? Scenery was very average imo.

So if we put A+B, Greg struggled with the situation/1-1. It was obvious he is not an outdoorsy guy versus she is an experienced one. True enough he lives in NYC and her in Washington. IMO, very opposite lifestyle.

So which part of him was/is genuine? Anyone noticed hier is always looking on the left when he talks to her? He never look straight at her in the eyes only. Imo

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 pm

mbl wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I recall people on Reddit saying that after was missing from all of his family’s MDW IG posts/stories.  I don’t know about any of the other rumored F4

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who are you referring to here? Is it Andrew, Greg or Blake?
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think you’re right that a NYer’s idea of being outdoorsy is likely different than someone from the Seattle area. And then we have Blake from Canada feeding a hawk in his home. laugh out loud It’s all relative. I was impressed Katie knows how to pitch a tent. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see a difference between playing a character as an actor vs. being yourself on reality tv. You might be surprised to know that there are shy actors. Kirsten Stewart is an obvious one as she is rather socially awkward. Johnny Depp as well. In acting shy people can hide behind playing a role where as in reality tv you are playing yourself. As a shy teenager I loved acting class and hated speech class for those very reasons. So, I think Greg can be shy on reality tv even if he used his acting skills to play up his shyness.

I’m not sure being an actor on this franchise is as much of a stigma as it used to be because virtually no one goes on for the “right reasons” anymore. Greg may be acting a bit but the other guys are faking it as well I think. I think most of them are there for whatever career/financial opportunities they can get out of it. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:35 am

Not that I am defending Greg but there are plenty of people who are in show business and are shy/introverted/awkward. I particularly remembered reading an article about how many comedians are like that so being an actor does not mean he can't be shy.

Also, how many times have we been told the producers tell the cast when to share their stories? They more than likely told him to wait to share his story until then. Similarly, some people are told to go comfort the lead while others aren't allowed. We have been told from other seasons that multiple people went to comfort the lead, but only one was shown on air.

He does nothing for me, but I am not ready to have him drawn and quartered. He just met the woman. So what if he doesn't have feelings for her yet. I personally would applaud that attitude.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:56 am

Okay guys, please go see my last post in the Media/SM thread and tell me if what I posted looks like it could be a SHV photo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:58 am

gabriele wrote:Okay guys, please go see my last post in the Media/SM thread and tell me if what I posted looks like it could be a SHV photo.

A&W is a popular fast food in Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by ajax518 Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:26 am

gabriele wrote:Okay guys, please go see my last post in the Media/SM thread and tell me if what I posted looks like it could be a SHV photo.

That can be any dwelling, IMHO

ajax518

Male Posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:35 am

… and there are 3 people ….

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I meant to type that Greg was missing from his family’s MDW posts on social media according to Reddit users.

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:48 am

I am trying to remain neutral about Greg. After all, if someone hadn't posted their thoughts on Reddit, would Greg be this suspect?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - F1-F4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
luvnunity
homeiswhereweroll
gurlbrit
notarose
GuardianAngel