SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 2 (HTD) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 2 (HTD) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 2 (HTD) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pbmax Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:04 pm

cantstopl oh tptb are such stink-a-roos
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 2 (HTD) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 2 (HTD) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:07 pm

jojo47 wrote:
Sprite wrote:As much as I think he is immature and didn't handle this well at all...what more could she say other than he is her #1 and will be there next week...I have to wonder how much of a hand did producers have in making him freak out. This just came too out of the blue for me.

I’m not even at the end yet & I can see that there’s something missing that we’re not seeing. Greg is a mess, Katie is reassuring & it isn’t enough for him. Something happened on that couch that we’re not seeing.

I think so too and IMO it's producer meddling and editing. I hate it when they chop things up so much to set up some fake plot line that I don't know WTH is going on.

I think he is immature and probably realized she wasn't as into him as he thought, but I don't think he is some horrible human being. It probably worked out for the best, but I wish they would just let them be and figure these things out without all this psychological meddling. I think they really played with two vulnerable people. Redfacemad

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:07 pm

So is that it for Greg or is there more of him besides the atfr segment??
I thought it was going to be uglier than what we saw
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:10 pm

I bet after all that and she got over it, she then got to the angry part of healing, hence the shading.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:11 pm

Now they’re on the couch in Katie’s room. It’s very clear they BOTH want out. And they’re BOTH doing the gymnastics so it appears it’s the other person. JMO
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Gosh, haven't been able to watch the last 2 episodes, tying to get a peek from what y'all are saying.... can't wait to watch and see what happens.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:14 pm

The one statement from Greg that ran true for me is that Katie wasn't giving him what he needs. He is a needy guy, still not recovered from losing his father--teared up over that again, "I lost a part of myself."

Then again, if what he wanted was reassurance, she gave it to him--and it wasn't enough. So that suggests that he just wanted out.

Poor Katie definitely feels the rejection. She listed Michael AND Greg as leaving.

I don't see him as coming back. So is this Des/Brooks redux?

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:29 pm

@eusebeia no way he’s coming back
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Interesting that they showed a flashback of Greg/Katie moments at the end...not the traditional way they end an episode.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:34 pm

philphan wrote:Interesting that they showed a flashback of Greg/Katie moments at the end...not the traditional way they end an episode.

It was like the eulogy for their relationship.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:39 pm

Or as someone else pointed out, an "In Memoriam" segment.

Odd that they didn't show Greg in the exit limo. Was he not bawling his head off still? Was he just relieved to get away? I do hope we see him at ATFR.

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:47 pm

What the heck did I just see?

It was clear to me that Greg had been Katie's number one pick all along. I felt it was evident before, but that the producers let us see so much more of that tonight. Added to that, he and Katie had already talked about the logistics of her moving to NYC (contrasted with Blake, where Canada was just deemed a possibility.)

I'm at a loss as to what caused his breakdown, other than to say that he's one hot mess. I've felt right along that for an acting student (and someone who works in marketing/sales,) Greg seems to entirely lack the capacity to read other people's expressions, feelings, and motives. If Katie were any more clear to him about her feelings, she would have had to send it via Western Union. Yes, in the moment, her response to his pouring his heart out could have been more eloquent. But if Greg lacks the ability to persevere through the tough parts of a relationship, through the inevitable errors and mistakes, then he's nowhere near ready for a serious relationship much less marriage. Hopefully Katie comes to the same conclusion as well.

His family was lovely. They were warm and welcoming to Katie. IMO that part of the visit could not have gone better. Her statement about how "everyone gets hurt" came off better than I expected once some context was added.

Regarding Greg's father's death, I get it. I lost my dad at a young age as well, and I know it's devastating. I know that it can mess you up for a long time. I hope that Greg is able to get some counseling to help him deal with his loss.

Blake's date was super-cute, and his family was lovely as well. I felt that they asked some good questions, and struck a nearly perfect balance between being somewhat wary and cautious, but also welcoming to Katie. I think she would feel at home with them. I had to chuckle when Blake's sister asked him, "So...this is the one, now?" Fair point.

Justin came off as a very likeable guy. His friends were sweet. My best guess is that his parents may not have been vaccinated, and therefore didn't want to travel (this attitude is not unusual in Baltimore City, with black people often citing historical mistreatment in the course of medical experimentation. Many are wary, and understandably so.) Or his parents may have not believed in the process of the show, or simply did not want to appear on camera. Katie seemed very disappointed that they were not there. Justin's daytime portion of the date came off as an afterthought on the part of the producers. Yes, the crabs were an obvious highlight (I am a Marylander,) but there are other things they could have included as well. It came off as rather lame.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 2 (HTD) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+29
twinkle73
Longhornfan
Fleurdesel
iamreal2u
gurlbrit