SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Amethyst Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:58 pm

First, congratulations to Blake and Katie! I wish them every happiness.

I thought that Blake and Katie's paintball date was a hoot, and likely allowed her to work out some of her frustrations. Listening to both Blake and Justin as they talked to Katie, (and with Greg gone,) I was thinking, finally the grownups are talking. Blake said [paraphrased,] "You were clearly hurt, and those relationships meant a lot to you...I would never tell you that I was falling in love with you, and get up and leave." Contrast that with Greg, who never once noticed or cared about Katie's feelings when he was breaking up with her. I like how Blake had the maturity to stick it out with Katie even when the going got tough.

I agree with everyone about Katie's aunt -- yikes! She really put Blake on the hot seat, and for no reason that I could figure. Her objection to his one month absences -- that's a lot of couples, especially those in the military, merchant marine, and a bunch of other jobs. In his 20s, my brother used to do intermittent three week trips to Africa like Blake does, but for a different reason (my brother supervised infrastructure projects, specifically road building.) My sister-in-law was perfectly fine in his absence, because she has always had her own life, work, and interests. If Katie is able to go along with Blake at least some of the time, I think she could have a ton of fun and adventures. Also, I don't think Katie's aunt can possibly predict how Blake and Katie will handle conflict. I thought that Blake's answers were fine in that regard. He looked confused by the aunt's responses, and I was confused right along with him.

Justin was lovely. It looks like he was the true F4. I felt he was robbed of a chance for the viewers to get to know him better. If the producers ever want to look at him for a further role in the series, I would welcome that. Again, his responses to Katie showed a great deal of poise and maturity. The reel of his facial expressions was so much fun!

I am more than okay with how Katie handled Greg. I don't think she was too tough on him at all. Loved her for slamming him on the acting. So, it sounds like Greg wanted her to tell him that she loved him, and end the show right then and there. To me, on ATFR he continued to come off like a whiny baby. At least he apologized, but directly after, he continued to dig himself into a hole. He needs to learn to quit while he's ahead. I think as far as Katie was concerned, it was not so much *that* he left as *how* her left. If it had been more of a Brooks-style departure, I don't think she would have carried that level of lasting displeasure.

I think the surprise to me was that although Katie clearly had favored Greg, with the benefit of hindsight, she had kept herself open to other relationships. I think this allowed her to transition to Blake more easily. I also think a lot of what happened in that interval after Greg left was edited out. Scenes of her talking with her family were cut, and it wouldn't surprise me if she did have that conversation with Des. She also had a sympathetic set of ears in Kaitlyn and Tayshia.

I thought that Kaitlyn and Tayshia did a great job as hosts. I enjoyed their relaxed banter with one another. They are growing into the role.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Linds911 Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:40 pm

The best part of this season was Kaitlyn and Tayshia co-hosting! I loved how they were there for Katie and the guys. Now as for that finale geeze Katie sure didn't let Greg have the last word. Sure Greg may have been acting and not all in with Katie but she didn't need to put all the blame on him like that. She was probably embarrassed on how he was treating her and yes Greg should have handled it differently. I think he was half acting, half wishing she told him her real feelings for him. Then Katie gets over Greg leaving, calls Blake her soulmate and gets engaged?? That proposal from Blake seemed like it was forced as he wasn't even sure he wanted to propose! Idk as of now I'm not sure if they will make it.

Also why does Katie's aunt have to have the same name as me!? laugh out loud wow she sure was a B! to Blake. Now wonder Katie hasn't told her family they are engaged! Yikes! Holidays should be a blast for them all!!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 1f49c

Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 8367-910 Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 I_got_13 Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 E5kqdm15 Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:54 pm

I didn't see the episode but watched the video where Katie was confronting Greg and the newlywed game with Blake on Kimmel.

Whilst Katie has a lot of admirable qualities, I don't appreciate the way she does her "empowerment" confrontations towards the guys (thomas, carl, now greg, and whoever else) and it comes across as mending her bruised ego rather than knowing who you are and what you're worth, IMO. In my view, you can stand up for yourself without saying borderline spiteful things and hurting the other. It's just not my cup of tea.

Congratulations to the couple, I'm missing that lovey-dovey spark, but perhaps it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's their relationship after all. :yes:

Last edited by limoncello on Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:06 am

Well, that was something but not sure what. affraid

Greg: I could see that he shut down at the end of his HTD when Katie didn't react to what he told her. I don't think he was acting then or the next day because nobody would think that would help their career. giggling  He clearly handled that badly and didn't listen to Katie at all. I just think he was in his head and this show isn't a good fit for him, especially when he has issues to deal with. He really should have watched the Bachelorette before he went on because he had unrealistic expectations. I do think he helped himself last night because he kept calm and tried to articulate what he was feeling.

Katie: The one thing that she should have done differently, imo, is admit that she handled it badly when he told her he loved her. It doesn't bode well for her relationships if she can't see where she could have done better. I think she did the best she could with Greg when he came to see her. I'm still not buying that she went from wanting to leave when he left to being so in love with Blake 2 days later. I think Blake ignored some red flags (including Katie's aunt) so will see how things end up.

Katie didn't help herself at all last night, coming on so strong with Greg. She was just so angry which seems strange when you're supposed to be happy. I get that she had a beef with how Greg handled himself but could have made her case and then graciously moved on much sooner. You could tell that there was a moment when the audience went from her side to Greg's.

Bring on Michelle's season! cheerleader

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:00 am

I gave up at 10. When I saw Sprite talk about Tayshia and Kaitlyn screaming, I couldn't take it. Will try and go back and watch the AFTR today.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Hamont - Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:08 am

I would like to add -- thank you so much to the mods for graciously hosting us. I appreciate you!   bestbud!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:29 am

Well I liked her on Matt's season the little of it I did see. She has caused me loose my taste for the bachelorette (this is the one that broke the camel's back). I'm sick and tired of them having a boo hoo crying melt down and someone has to convince them to carry on, then 2 days later they has a new revelation that they're in love with the guy that's left. If you want people to believe it then quit with the carrying on about one guy and we might believe it. Seems like I can count on the bachelor's to have the courage 1.to walk away when it doesn't go the way they want, 2.or go after what they want, 3. no proposal and take it to the real world to see how it works. I've really just lost my zeal for this show period. I miss the olden days.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:59 am

Just have to go on record with the bad energy fire on Blake's final date. I live in an area of N California that has had severe forest fires the past 4 years. For the wind to be blowing so hard and for them to light that up and watch it burn gave me shivers. Even with trained professionals standing by to help control it, it could have gone rouge really quick. When we drive ATVs through our property, we always carry fire extinguishers and frankly don't do it on hot, windy days.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:03 am

@Norcalgal I hear you about the fires. I'm just waiting to see how bad fire season will be in southern Ca. Take care and be safe.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:33 am

I recently flew across the country, and you could see fire haze all the way through. On the east coast, it was coming down from Canada.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:53 am

pbmax wrote:Well I liked her on Matt's season the little of it I did see. She has caused me loose my taste for the bachelorette (this is the one that broke the camel's back). I'm sick and tired of them having a boo hoo crying melt down and someone has to convince them to carry on, then 2 days later they has a new revelation that they're in love with the guy that's left. If you want people to believe it then quit with the carrying on about one guy and we might believe it. Seems like I can count on the bachelor's to have the courage 1.to walk away when it doesn't go the way they want, 2.or go after what they want, 3. no proposal and take it to the real world to see how it works. I've really just lost my zeal for this show period. I miss the olden days.
:claphands :yes: I agree
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:25 am

seton wrote:ok, i edited an earlier answer bc i just found out that katie is moving to canada via her
ig
On GMA they said she was moving to San Diego.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 17 - Katie Thurston - Aug 9 (FRC) - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+34
mizzoufan
Maddy
limoncello
Linds911
Aunties_Love