SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by pbmax Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:34 am

chasus71 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:The producers have to be responsive to the call for diversity - no matter how much the public wants someone else as the lead.

ITA I live and grew up in a very diverse community. I have friends from all sorts of backgrounds and I love them all. There is no difference between me and them.

I have nothing against Charity. IMO when someone applies for a job it should be based on their skills. There are a lot of government jobs that have a certain % of diverse applicants that "need" to be hired. So far I haven't seen anything I like or dislike about Charity. She's just there with no impression one way or another.

When I compare her to other bachelorette's that I've had a lot of opinions about, Charity doesn't intrigue me. She hasn't said anything meaningful to me that made a lasting impression. What are they seeing in Charity to cast her as the lead? They need to meet their diversity goals? They certainly didn't do Rachel any favours when they had the opportunity to show a love story right from the beginning. Rather, they made her the worst ever for not choosing their Golden Boy at the time, which divided this forum and brought out hate like never before. jmo's.

I will say as an African American woman who barely partook in watching this franchise, when Rachael was chosen as the Bette it was a momentous occasion for many in the community. Because for us finally we got to see a lead with a background like ours to get a chance at love on a major network/show. Of course, our expectations were high, and we wanted to see a love story and expected so much more because of what it meant in the AA community to have the first AA woman as a lead. However, IMO some viewers were not really knowledgeable in how this franchise has worked for years: regardless of who the lead is, the producers focus more on drama and escapades than the Love story. This was no different with Rachael even though she was the first AA woman lead (although I am sure they made her appear worst because of her F1 choice). JMO

I also hate to say it too is how often does an AA contestant even make it to the F4? with or without a personality, to which the show has usually picked the next lead within that F6 or whatever no matter if an unpopular choice? (except for the MOC from Michaelle's season, Andrew from Katy's season, ect..).

I can't speak for the show on why if true, that they chose Charity, but I would hope she will be allowed to show a different side of herself that maybe some viewers were unable to see during Zach's season. Either way it wouldn't be the first time that a "perceived boring" lead was cast regardless of their background or likability. IMO.

sidenote: (if my post is too off topic, please feel free to remove it if needed).

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 1022092695 I guess it's how we watch and perceive the individual contestants. I wasn't focused on the show and still knew who Charity where as I had to look on my tv screen for Gabi and Ariel name to know who they were. For me they would make a boring season, that's just me. I just didn't think they would pick another AA this soon but I'm ok with it, I would certainly watch her.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Linds911 Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:40 pm

https://twitter.com/RealitySteve/status/1634649440035168257?s=20

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 8367-910 Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 I_got_13 Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 E5kqdm15 Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11964

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:00 pm

bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Sorry but I’m not that excited. Wasn’t super thrilled about Zach and have loved his season. So hoping charity surprises me.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:36 pm

I support Charity in her journey and wish her all the love in the world. I can't wait to see how this all turns out for her. She is a gorgeous woman inside and out. Her season I will tune in for Hugesmile
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:12 am

Charity is a lovely young woman, and certainly very, very pretty. I wish her the best.

Beyond not having a personality that "pops," my other concern about her is (what I perceive as) the constant tears. She'll be in for a rough season if she doesn't find some way to emotionally bolster herself.

I also wonder if the show has developed a very narrow definition of diversity. I think that Ariel, being Jewish and the child of immigrants, would have been a wonderful diversity hire. Did the producers even see that?
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 am

@Amethyst very good post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It’s possible that Ariel turned them down. Or realized there were better ways to find love. I don’t think you will see her on BIP.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:17 am

@amethyst I agree .
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4293

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:26 am

I think and this is just my opinion, that now that she is the lead, she may not cry as much unless when she lets someone go. no idea  

Now I didn't watch Gabby/Rachael's season nor Clayton's but wasn't Rachael a crier too on Clayton's season? If so, was she still crying as much in her season?

For me now that Charity is on the other side of things we may get to see a different side of her. I for one thought Michelle's personality was dull but she shined through at times. Charity has a chance to show us a different side even if some still may not warm up to her, oh well hmmm JMO
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:15 am

chasus71 wrote:I think and this is just my opinion, that now that she is the lead, she may not cry as much unless when she lets someone go. no idea  

Now I didn't watch Gabby/Rachael's season nor Clayton's but wasn't Rachael a crier too on Clayton's season? If so, was she still crying as much in her season?

For me now that Charity is on the other side of things we may get to see a different side of her. I for one thought Michelle's personality was dull but she shined through at times. Charity has a chance to show us a different side even if some still may not warm up to her, oh well hmmm JMO

You make a good point about Rachel. It could be that Charity will develop more confidence with the lead role. I hope so. As a for instance, I felt frustrated when she dissolved in tears when Christina made her "I'm just so confused...Duh" response to Charity's group date rose. I would have loved to see Charity stand up for herself instead. IMO a lead who can dish out a bit of sass when needed makes for a more interesting season.

And I agree with you about Michelle. As a fellow teacher, I was thrilled with the representation, but she was not the most compelling lead. I see Charity as being rather similar. Perhaps the producers can find some lively men to balance off Charity's more low-key charms.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:53 am

I'm still a little sad that we didn't get a chance to see Ariel as lead. She would have been a really different one and I'd have been interested to see who she picked. I do agree that TPTB aren't looking outside of the box when picking leads, @Amethyst. IA about Ariel and I'd like to see an Asian lead in the future. Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 4256136633 I liked Michelle a lot on Matt's season and saw her personality then but agree that she wasn't the most outgoing Bachelorette. I'm really seeing the difference with her doing the HH podcast with Becca.

But moving on, Charity did show a little more personality in her HTD, probably because she was with her family. I really liked them although maybe crying is in her DNA judging by the amount of tears on that date. giggling

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:17 am

I am disappointed that Ariel was not chosen but it was to be expected all things considered. I truly hope Charity will surprise me as the lead!
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 831

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+20
chasus71
bluwavz
CHO
notarose
Jolena